New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095989 times)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Loudmouth thank you for giving out your access /parking spot on Greenwood Lake .

Not my access/parking everyone parks there lol

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not gonna be much safe Ice down our way this weekend  :'(.
supposed to get back to normal temps and lakes should lock back up in a couple days.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I hope so
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

onice2013

It is freezing out now and especially further north in the Sullivan county where there is more ice.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                       I am going to try & get out on sat. somewhere in sullivan co.   :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
                       I am going to try & get out on sat. somewhere in sullivan co.   :icefish:
good luck! Let us know how you make out.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
i just went to get bait for this weekend in Rockhill. in Sullivan county every body of water that i passed was SOLID. even the shore were solid. i DID NOT STOP ANYWHERE so i cant tell you how thick the ice is but i know the lakes are good but the shorelines are thinner... waterproof boot will be a good thing. also if you can bring a 6 foot or longer board and lay it from the shore outward and you should be fine. i know the ice was 11-12 inches before that rain...
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
 :) Going to Lake DeVenoge in morning,will post results. Lou.

Offline jfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
Gonna hit up one of my lakes in Putnam tommorow  ;D hopefully sunday as well  ;D will post a report, and hopefully pictures.
Fish like theres no tommorow.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
             just got back, took a ride up to masten lake to check the ice,  the ice is fine the shore was fine where I went out ...
             I chop my way out maybe 50yds  & went down 4 or 5 inches no water not sure of thickness ? should be fine im am
             I still would watch shore line where you go out.. :icefish:
images.jpeg

onice2013

I am guessing the same thing , ice has to be thicker out there, time to pull sleds this weekend ..shoreline is the big question but, after tonight what little thaw around the shorelines should freeze with the exception of the stream areas flowing into lakes.

Offline 4everlaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Greenwood Lake the north end at the town beach has a channel of open water in the cove (swim area) and one running from east to west just out from the gazebo which us fairly wide. Don't recommend using that access point. This was as of 430 today.

Offline Hambletonian

• IceShanty Rookie
Glenmere today, skim ice less than an inch along the shore, access points somewhat limited, best bet is near the old boat launch gate, one long stride gets you to somewhat solid ice. Any reedy areas, or areas where runoff occurred during the rainstorm, are not frozen to any extent.

Ice in general was 3" to 4", but was not excellent quality. It's a little scary when you can hear and see the cracks in the black ice, with the fracture profile going all the way through, as they are happening. We did not wander far from where we set up originally. Ice is of fairly uniform thickness, but quality varied alot.

Should be better tomorrow, safer Sunday. There apparently was open water in the back arm of the lake, by the way.

Fishing continues to suck. Next perch I catch will be my first of the season.

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
There is plenty of ice in the Highland Lake area. Killed the pickerel today at Lake DeVenoge. No problems.

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Is lake Devenoge open to the public? How far Highland lake is it?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
i'm off to Paradox Lake with the gang today. lots off ice, and adult beverages!!! see you all sunday! ;D

Was nice to run into you for the first time in 2 years.......hope to fish with you guys soon !!!!!

P.S.    10" clear ice where we are in Vermont  ;)

Offline jfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
Nothing to report from Westchester/Putnam  :'( we lost a lot of ice last week. Shorelines are mostly gone and lakes that had a solid 6"-7" of ice last week have spots of open water  :'(. Guess another year will go by without hitting FDR  :'(.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
WB was hot today! Caught 4 browns ranging from 2 - 7 lbs! Got 3 jigging and one on a tip up, all in 45 FOW! Great day out there, lots of fishermen.  Ice was 3.5 - 4" clear black ice. Shoreline however was rough. Bring rubber boots!

Mike

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
Drove by Sodum/east branch in Brewster today, lots of guys on all areas of the lake.  Some on the back side near route 6.   Peach lake in North Salem opened up this past week in the warm weather, lost most of the ice I fished on last weekend.

Offline jfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
It's crazy how we lost so much ice on a number of lakes, yet "a few" of the reserviors still have fishable ice. Beautiful Browns. Congrats.

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
Another nice one Jager. Lou.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Another nice one Jager. Lou.

Thank You!

Offline reservoirdog

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey Jager

Nice fish , great job out there ,

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey Jager

Nice fish , great job out there ,

Thanks RD! The Jig Bomb came through again!

MK

Offline ATRAIN44

• IceShanty Rookie
Jager...is the Jig Bomb an actual lure or a nickname for a lure?  Couldn't seem to get anything to work at Otsego today. Willing to lend any tips?
Women love me.....fish fear me!!!

Offline ruswonder

• IceShanty Rookie
hey everyone. i'm new to the site. I see a lot of discussion here about Glenmere Lake and Greenwood Lake, probably because they have public access, but does anyone know about Walton Lake in Monroe? I saw that it has a public access parking lot too but haven't seen many people fish there or even discussing that lake. is the ice fishing any good there?

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Jager...is the Jig Bomb an actual lure or a nickname for a lure?  Couldn't seem to get anything to work at Otsego today. Willing to lend any tips?

Sent you a PM!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Was nice to run into you for the first time in 2 years.......hope to fish with you guys soon !!!!!

P.S.    10" clear ice where we are in Vermont  ;)

better than 12 inches in some places at Paradox!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Iceman23kids

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey jager61 nice fish. What lake did you pull those monsters from?

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Welcome Ruswonder someone on this site should be able to help you, I'm sorry that i can not give you information.
    Jager61 beautiful fish you seem to have the trouts number so far this year.

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.