New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095948 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Guys, just wanted to update you all and let you know HoleHawg pulled through the surgery with flying colors.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
Get out in the next week after that it will be summer !!!!!!
Mr.Esox

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Guys, just wanted to update you all and let you know HoleHawg pulled through the surgery with flying colors.... ;D ;D ;D

THAT'S THE BEST NEWS ON THIS THREAD !!!!!    BETTER THAN 6" OF ICE !!!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
[/quoteThats awesome Chris, Just wish him the best and hopefully he gets on the ice to have a couple bud lights and catch a few fish

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone been on Huntington yet?

Offline upjon

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone been on Huntington yet?
    i heard 2.5--3 in

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
great news! now we need him to get healthy.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone been to Huntington yet?

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Just got back from glenemere. Caught only 2 pickerel but it was good to be back on the ice!! There is about 75 to 100 guys on the ice there today! Hopefully this ice stays with us!

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
How thick was the ice?
Anyone going there tomorrow that wants to meet up? 

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
How thick was the ice?
Anyone going there tomorrow that wants to meet up?
  glenmere is 4.5 inches of ice. Towards the pump house side is thicker ice

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
Anyone been to Morgan Lake yet?

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
I gota try Glenmere. DEC info says it has Stripers. Has anyone caught any and how big do they run?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Lake simon, I love your hat in your avatar picture.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
I gota try Glenmere. DEC info says it has Stripers. Has anyone caught any and how big do they run?
haha that's funny! glenmere defiantly does not have stripers!

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
DEC is promoting tourism  ;)

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
DEC is promoting tourism  ;)
there trying!!! lol

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Maybe they are referring to the people who paint lines in parking lots, or down the middle of the road???
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy

the dec says nothing about stripers in glenmere you must be looking at a different lake.... there is not even a contour map for glenmere lake

here is the link for the glenmere lake in orange county http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/76347.html

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
http://www.fishingnotes.com/lakeinfo.php?id=23241    this is where I got that info about the Stripers it was not the DEC site.

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
my daddy told me don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see.i never did listen.i just learned not to trust FISHING NOTES.COM ever again.if you go to fishing notes.com and search glenmere lake you will see where that bad info came from.how embarrassing.

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
thanks adkroy.i used to let my mother-in-law use it every deer season with a nice white scarf

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
my daddy told me don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see.i never did listen.i just learned not to trust FISHING NOTES.COM ever again.if you go to fishing notes.com and search glenmere lake you will see where that bad info came from.how embarrassing.

yea that site also said there are walleye and trout and smallmouth bass along with other various species in the lake  :cookoo:

Also it looks like I need to hit the ice tomorrow before the warm-up and the loss of the ice. However, it does look like it's going to be below freezing most of the nights so whatever melts hopefully locks back up during the night and we do not lose much

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
When they say there are bluefish, Im there.  Imagine catching a blue on a jigging rod!!  Ha ha ha ha ha
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular

When they say there are bluefish, Im there.  Imagine catching a blue on a jigging rod!!  Ha ha ha ha ha
that would be some crazy @#$%!

Offline hard_hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi, and Welcome toThe Sahnty !!!    Meet a fellow Long Islander (Baldwin) who's benIce fishing for more than 50 years.  You and your son are more than welcome to tag olong with my buddy and me anytime.  We fish Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Sullivan Counties eitheer for just a dayu or an entire weekend.  Don't worry about gear for now....we have plenty for everyone.  MOST IMPORTANT.....if you want to enjoy this sport it's IMPERATIVE that you have the right clothing and BOOTS !!!  If you get cold, or your feet get wet or cold......It's all Over !!! 
We're not ready for ice yet in our zone, but please stay in touch.....it shoul;dn't be more than a week or two!!  I'll send you a PM with my phone number.
IceBalls  (Rodger)

Hi Rodger...sons birthday today. Froze a jig in a block of ice as a gift. He's pumped to get out. Here's a pic from this summer.

PM me when the ice is good and we'll hook up. Much appreciate the offer and help.

Tom

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
Had a nice day on Lake Superior. Fished with my friend. caught 9 pickerel (only one over 20") and one perch. Nothing great but some nice action. 4-5 inches of ice.

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Fished Highland yesterday.  5 inches of ice and 4 toward the middle.  Didnt venture out to far.  Dad and I were the only ones that went and got two perch.  Dad's first trip out since his heart attack last November so all in all it was a great day.   Hopefully it doesnt get too warm or rainy like it is suppose to.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i fished soupier Saturday ,worked my buns off  all day oney kept 8 perch 9ins to 12 ins, today fished hi land, caught a bunch of din ks, but kept 6 perch 9to12 ins , oney 3 ins of ice neer middle of lake,this warm weather well eat up some of our ice, be carefull

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I dont know never fished there I want more info to. I looked it up it says on the following website http://co.sullivan.ny.us/Default.aspx?TabId=3193 thats its $5.00 per person per day.
That's just in the summertime.  They don't man the shack at the entrance after Labor day.
Mark it 8 dude

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.