New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096002 times)

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Hey I was told like 5 years ago that you needed a permit or have to call the Park office to fish lake superior ? Anyone know of this
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Hey I was told like 5 years ago that you needed a permit or have to call the Park office to fish lake superior ? Anyone know of this
I dont know never fished there I want more info to. I looked it up it says on the following website http://co.sullivan.ny.us/Default.aspx?TabId=3193 thats its $5.00 per person per day.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Also does anyone know any info about creamery pond in sugar loaf NY?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
got on the ice today and did okay... 19 crappie and 2 gills crappie were between 9" and 11"

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Anyone know about Loch Sheldrake in Fallsburg
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
got on the ice today and did okay... 19 crappie and 2 gills crappie were between 9" and 11"

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
nice wheres that from!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                     I have been fishing superior for years & never herd of a 5.00 charge ...
                                     nobody has ever said anything to me... will look in my ny.state fishing rule book
                                     tonight & see...
images.jpeg

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
                                     I have been fishing superior for years & never herd of a 5.00 charge ...
                                     nobody has ever said anything to me... will look in my ny.state fishing rule book
                                     tonight & see...
ok

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
o ok how thick was the ice?

4"-4.5" 1 or 2 of which was back the rest was a hard white ice

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
4"-4.5" 1 or 2 of which was back the rest was a hard white ice
thats seems like where i checked out today. Did u ever hear of the pond in sugar loaf?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thats seems like where i checked out today. Did u ever hear of the pond in sugar loaf?

nope where I was today there were no holes drilled and no tracks on the pond.... I might even be the only one with permission to fish it who knows

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
nope where I was today there were no holes drilled and no tracks on the pond.... I might even be the only one with permission to fish it who knows
Lucky!

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
The five dollar charge at Superior is only for the summer and then only when there is someone working in that shack. Launched my jon boat there a few times and only paid when there was someone in the shack.
👮👮👮

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
The five dollar charge at Superior is only for the summer and then only when there is someone working in that shack. Launched my jon boat there a few times and only paid when there was someone in the shack.
Thanks for the info!

onice2013

Superior is awesome, If it ever opened for ice fishing, I'd be there before any of those ponds including Welch and Tiorati.. the only problem is it has too many underground springs and unless it is a cold winter, they never open it for ice fishing. Been several years , maybe ten years or so since I was fortunate to ice fish it.

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Onice, it was open for ice fishing last year.  I traveled the whole lake drilling and jiggin, caught some fish, but no real size to them.. I'm not saying they're not there, maybe just not lucky that day..

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                                     I don't open water fish superior so thats why I didn't know about
                                                     5.00 charge ... I have been icefishing it for years ...you can get a map
                                                     on the  ny links board under sullivan co . I catch fish there never any
                                                     monsters... :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hit a local lake with 4 inches of ice. Me and fishon22 got 4 perch and 2 Pickerel.only went out for a little over an hour. Hope to hit up glenmere next week

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hit a local lake with 4 inches of ice. Me and fishon22 got 4 perch and 2 Pickerel.only went out for a little over an hour. Hope to hit up glenmere next week
im going to glen mere tomorrow morning. There was 5 guys out on the ice at glen mere today. And when I went to gander mtn in middletown there was several people there and they were all talking about going to glenmere tomorrow.

Offline Rich_Weinberg

• IceShanty Rookie
Beginner looking to go ice fishing.  I live in Croton on Hudson, Westchester and if someone is willing to show me what to do, I would appreciate it.  I have 3 tipups, and warm, kayaking clothes, but no ice auger.  914.523.6223

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
Any word of the thickness at glenmere?
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any word of the thickness at glenmere?
I checked yesterday 4 to 4.5 inches by the dam side. It starts to get sketchy after the boat ramp. I'm heading there tomorrow morning around 7am.

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
I hear that the bait shop called R/P SHOT Shop is getting their bait delivered tomorrow. He is on rte55 just pass Poughquag NY on the right at top of hill.  do not have the phone number but you could look it up. I got on the ice today.There was 4 to 5 inches of ice.Got a few gills. Was great to get on the ice for the first time.Had the whole lake to myself.Life is good.

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
R&P Shot Shop opens at 6am Saturday and Sunday, they have spikes and live bait.
Hopefully enough ice builds up so we don't lose too much with a couple of near 50 degree days coming up!
Get out there while ya can kids  ;D

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
has Any one fished white lake ,yet,

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
                                  big Joe try Superior I was there yesterday & it was better than glenmere today
                                  same kind of ice , but thicker maybe 6" ....
Dewey you better learn to judge the ice thickness better before you get someone killed! i was on superior today. i weigh a whopping 165 lbs. i walked most of the lake jigging and the deepest it is, by a RULER is 4 1/2 inches. and thats including the weak white ice.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dewey you better learn to judge the ice thickness better before you get someone killed! i was on superior today. i weigh a whopping 165 lbs. i walked most of the lake jigging and the deepest it is, by a RULER is 4 1/2 inches. and thats including the weak white ice.
thats sounds like the same at glenemere thank god i didn't make a trip up there!

Offline perchpicker2

• IceShanty Rookie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.