New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095872 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
tried a lil night fishing, was windy tho. thankfully i brought the 2 man shanty. was warm inside with a lantern. no fish on tip-ups but got a few crappies and gills, and 1 small perch! it was deff a different style of fishing. i want to try it on a windless night.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
glad you got a few,boss jiges, i mite go wensday  at the lake where i have been fishing if your intersted,

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
sorry we missed you! we had a new guy from the thread there. if they ice holds, we will do a gathering there.
Glad you guys are seeing some action.... still looking at the 18th if no snow storm and we still have ice. My lakes tourney is the weekend before.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Any of you guys planning on doing the So. Fallsburgh Fire Dept. tournament on Feb. 4 (this Saturday)??  Johnny "Squid Boy" and I will be there.  It's a good place for a get together.....easy access, plenty of parking, bait available at the site, lots of nice prizes.  Contest is at Echo Lake, So. Fallsburgh.  Come on out !!! (Hope we still have ice).

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was atEcho Lake yesterday, also known as Morningside.  The ice was about 5 inches but some of the shoreline was opened up and after this weeks weather it's not looking good for there to be a contest..

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
pack the gear away for the season down here in Orange...this winter is a washout

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yesterday, was cool overcast, wonder how fast the ice is weakening ??? haven't been up in two weeks , does anyone up there think the nights are helping keep it solid this week? thinking today or tomorrow is it, unless the nights are winning

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
yea, nights in the 20's are no good for ice. stay home. ::)

Offline chezmoose

• Team IceShanty Regular
got these at Huntington today. sorry topher, i forgot to bring you number.

12-16 inches
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice fish Pooley!  ;D

Official Treasurer of the M.I.R.C.
                                    Membership dues payable now

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
got these at Huntington today. sorry topher, i forgot to bring you number.

12-16 inches
(Image removed from quote.)
nice catch pooley...you was in my back yard and didnt give me a ring lol... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yea, nights in the 20's are no good for ice. stay home. ::)
lmbo ..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
x2
and i thought i was "thick head german "  ;) ;D flag !!!!!!!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
and i thought i was "thick head german "  ;) ;D flag !!!!!!!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Nein Ihr nicht das einzige dicke köpfige Deutsch,

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nein Ihr nicht das einzige dicke köpfige Deutsch,
  lmbo...hang on...looking fer my german roseatta stone german fer  dumkaufs  ;) ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nice and cold below freezing temps here in beach lake pa...ponds and lakes are firming up again...might have to get a 30 pack and test the jiffy before the highland tourney one day this week... ;)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i dont think there will be any SAFE ice come the end of the week. i was on superior the other night and the holes were NOT freezing and the thickness is down about 1 inch in 2 days! only about 4-4 1/2 inches on the lake! today and tomorrow should be good but after wens rain it will take a week of cold to be safe if the rain lasts for any time....

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
how do i post pics on here???

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i dont think there will be any SAFE ice come the end of the week. i was on superior the other night and the holes were NOT freezing and the thickness is down about 1 inch in 2 days! only about 4-4 1/2 inches on the lake! today and tomorrow should be good but after wens rain it will take a week of cold to be safe if the rain lasts for any time....
depends on weather of course but im hearing 5 to 7 inches on some lakes around here this past weekend...so maybe it will be okay for the weekend ... :-\

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
there was 5-5 1/2 last week but it has thinned! i am going to try tomorrow and ill let you all know what the ice is then.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
there was 5-5 1/2 last week but it has thinned! i am going to try tomorrow and ill let you all know what the ice is then.
you need a photobucket account to post pics. set it up, and i'll talk you through it. it's easy.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i fished white lake to day a few perch and blue gills 1 big crappie, but the ice is thinning down,some places has 6 ins and some places 3 ins breaking up by shore

Offline fishingfamily0509

• IceShanty Rookie
  • proud parents... jig em up girls
 :-\ hmmmm is the tournament at echo lake still on for this weekend?????

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
fishingfamily0509, and anyone considering the Echo Lake ice tourny in South Fallsburg this saturday february 4th...  Bad news.... :'( :'( :'(

THE ECHO LAKE ICE DERBY HAS BEEN CANCELLED...... :( :( :(

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
ECHO LAKE TOURNEY HAS NOT BEEN CANCELLED..... BUT.... THE DATE IS FEB. 11th !!!   I spoke to one of the firemen today and found out that the contest is being held on Feb. 11th....if ice conditions permit.   As of today....NOTHING HAS BEEN CANCELLED !!!  See my othe post about the contest for telephone numbers to call for confirmation next week.

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
IceBalls

Please don't confuse the issue here...... The Fallsburg fire dept HAS CANCELLED the ECHO LAKE derby that was to be held this weekend February 4th.

You are correct that the Morningside lake derby that the Hurleyville Fire Department and Fallsburg Youth Commision Run is still on for February 11th..... These are 2 separate ice fishing contests that are held on 2 different lakes.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>

Thanks for the clarification Reelemin.  ;)

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
well after today and tomarrow we mite need a boat to fish

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
dang weather! >:(
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
still not too bad up this way....one more day of this crap and then back to a nice cold snap.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.