New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095901 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
ok boy and girls    the ice is on!!!! just got home from looking at the 1 lake i fish and drilled over about 2-300 yards    all ice is 4 1/2 - 5 inches. i saw 1 set of sled tracks but the boat launch but it went to the left, i went to the right out to the main lake area and dont see anything but virgin ice!!!!   ill be there tomorrow sun up till sunset.... keep your fingers crossed. if they where they usually are at first ice then ill be ok   but if they moved to the winter feeding grounds, then ill be in heaven!!!!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
ok boy and girls    the ice is on!!!! just got home from looking at the 1 lake i fish and drilled over about 2-300 yards    all ice is 4 1/2 - 5 inches. i saw 1 set of sled tracks but the boat launch but it went to the left, i went to the right out to the main lake area and dont see anything but virgin ice!!!!   ill be there tomorrow sun up till sunset.... keep your fingers crossed. if they where they usually are at first ice then ill be ok   but if they moved to the winter feeding grounds, then ill be in heaven!!!!!

private or public...and does this lake have a name ?

Offline MCJ217

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello....New to the site.. Saw a bunch of you guys are in the same area as me..I will be heading up to our cabin in Yulan NY this weekend.  Going to check the ice on a couple of the lakes by me. They should be good to go I hope...Been itching to get out..let you know what i find..

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
Hello....New to the site.. Saw a bunch of you guys are in the same area as me..I will be heading up to our cabin in Yulan NY this weekend.  Going to check the ice on a couple of the lakes by me. They should be good to go I hope...Been itching to get out..let you know what i find..
welcom to the site,im the next town over,pm me

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone have any ice conditions for orange lake?

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!

Hi MCJ....WELCOME to the site.  My buddy John has a house in Yulan also....we fish his lake all the time.  He was up ther last week and said no safe ice yet.  Keep us informed about ice conditions ....this is a favorite area for us.

IceBalls

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
huntington is ready,willing & able

Offline MCJ217

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey iceballs...i will definately let you know..planning on drilling some holes this sat to check the ice..i saw on this thread that highland lake has 4-5 inches..our lake is alot smaller so it should have atleast that or hopefully more..if all is good i will be out there the following weekend with a few friends...

MCJ

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                     welcome to the shantie mcj a lot of good info on the site...  :tipup:
images.jpeg

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Thanks for the Huntington report Semperfi...I chickened out today due to the high winds.
👮👮👮

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
Thanks for the Huntington report Semperfi...I chickened out today due to the high winds.
  i hear that,i could not even stand uprite on the lake

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
  in and out of  hospitals....they have probed me pretty good...maybe they should use a vex to see my heart valve lol, how you been jimmy alls well i hope ?
I have been as bad as I could be, and still have Mrs. Jimmy Claude allow me to come back in the house.... ;)
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline off the BOTTOM

• IceShanty Rookie
can you fish sebago lake ? does it have ice?

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
They never let you ice fish it because they say it is full of springs.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
can you fish sebago lake ? does it have ice?

Sebago is only opened on really cold years. the ice isn't very uniform there. i will post here if they open any lakes in harriman
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
Going to try some smaller ponds in Sullivan this morning & I will post conditions later.

Offline Fire~n~Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Anyone have reports on Upton in Dutchess or White Pond in Putnam?

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
prob checking all my local lakes/ponds (warwick area)after school, if i have no chores  :(. i have a lil secret one i think is goona be good to go (fingers crossed).will most likely check glenmeare and since i am driving to monroe ill quickly look at walton and round. not sure how many i will get to might have to split up the lakes and check some before work in the morning.

Offline OldHunter Road

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his
I called Lake Tiorati 845-351-2568 and nothing is open to ice fish in Harriman State park.
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his FLY

Offline rugermag

• IceShanty Rookie
White pond 4+ in areas I fished yesterday. Slow bite.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
prob checking all my local lakes/ponds (warwick area)after school, if i have no chores  :(. i have a lil secret one i think is goona be good to go (fingers crossed).will most likely check glenmeare and since i am driving to monroe ill quickly look at walton and round. not sure how many i will get to might have to split up the lakes and check some before work in the morning.
ok let me now how glenmere is went a few days ago saw someone drilled a few holes to c how thick the ice is it looks like its getting there but isn't going to last next week is going to b 55 degrees so let me know how thick the ice is

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
Hey linger 10990. that secret pond is ready. Save some for me.

Hope this snow tonight has some wind to help keep some of the snow off the ice. I like to see where I'm stepping with this little ice and natural springs.

Big joe, hill lake is private. Have a friend that lives on it. Not worth the effort.

Good luck and be safe out there this weekend and don't forget to post results.

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
Great news. Ice fishing on Glenmere lake. I saw 5 guys fishing between 100-200 yds out at 12:30 today. I personally walked out in my suit and dress shoes and measeured 3 holes about 50 yds out and all had 4" of nice looking ice.

Offline LilWeez

• IceShanty Rookie
Has anyone been by Round Lake in Orange County? Is it locked up and has anyone checked the ice thickness?

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
i fished today for an hour. only used a bar to chop one hole. lake had atleast 5 inches of niice black ice :). only did one hole because the drag on my reel broke and i only brought one rod so it was a short day. now i have to try glrnmeare. will check round lake and walton tomorrow hopefully

Offline spydertl17

• IceShanty Rookie
any ice on any of the reserviors yet?

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
thanks for glenmere update might try close to shore tomorrow for crappies if i get a lot of stuff packed for college cause im leaving sunday >:( finally good ice n i have to leave

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
Small pond that is fished in Sullivan had over 4" of ice. Very slow bite but iced a few perch. Hopefully the snow doeant hurt to much. Tightlines.....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Wow guys we got shuffled back all the way to page 3  :o    hope that this snow doesn't hurt the fishing.....

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
any reports on orange lake? Think this week is gonna kill alot of ice. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.