New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095861 times)

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
its time to get the boat ready,

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
might gp ice fishing tomorrow boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D depends how the weather is but don't worry i will b standing off a dock lol

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
might gp ice fishing tomorrow boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D depends how the weather is but don't worry i will b standing off a dock lol
what, me worry?  i'll be standing off the dock too. on the ice. rain stopped nice afternoon for icing some perch. they  should be chewing well. just an observation. for the past week the fish are there, but very hesitant to bite. so i was going smaller and smaller with less aggression.  i finally just yesterday loaded up 5/6 maggots, set the rod down, deadstickin. seeing on the flasher they would move right up to the jig, marks would merge and nothing. if holding rod in hand at that point  i would start a slow lift trying for them to follow and nothing but run away. but deadsticken, resisting to pick it up i watched and had nothing to lose. as long as 10 second would pass with flasher marks merged then drag goes a rippen. aww, patience grasshopper.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
ok jiignut thanks im going tomorrow hopefully i catch some fish even if they r small still ice fishing!!! going to go to gander mtn later and buy some maggots,trout worms and small minnows maybe i will catch something with all that bait lol

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
This wind isn't helping our cause out there hope it stops soon but doesn't look like it will until tomorrow. Unfortunately this year haven't been able to ice fish down here like the past few years :'(. Going back to college up north either monday or tuesday and by the way the reports up there look I'll be fishing on Wednesday. So tight lines to you all and hope you get ice here in the O.C. soon :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
when is the Highland derby?

probably the same weekend you guys do the Daytona party....I'll find out and let you know  ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
probably the same weekend you guys do the Daytona party....I'll find out and let you know  ;)
figures! LOL!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
any ice in Sullivan county? looking to get out tomorrow.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
pooley went today to fish from a dock the lake had an inch to inch and a half of ice the other side was wide open didn't catch anything the wind was pushing the ice around and the other lakes look barley any ice on them either

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
thanks, i was afraid of hearing that! :'(

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
just got home from checking out a bunch of places over the area....nothing in Orange county seems even close to being ready....white lake had 2-2.5 inches the spots that were checked. and i couldnt find anywhere over 3 at other places...so be careful out there

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
local pond near me did not lose all of its ice over the past two days. It is all locked up now. Hoping for maybe next weekend if the cold gods are with us. ;D

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
Local pond has 2". Anyone know if Walton is skimmed over?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone with word about Highland and Huntington ?

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone check any places in northern dutchess, or even clinton corners area?

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
According to local people, nothing in Sullivan County is safe at the moment.  It would be a good idea to check out Clinton Corners.....great Trout fishing at first ice up there.  Unfortunately, I don't know anyone from that area.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
According to local people, nothing in Sullivan County is safe at the moment.  It would be a good idea to check out Clinton Corners.....great Trout fishing at first ice up there.  Unfortunately, I don't know anyone from that area.

How's John doing up in Yulan?  Any word ?

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
hey john ill be checking walton after work tomorrow....early in the week it was wide open so im pretty sure we have some time left

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
IceBalls

Who are you getting your info from? Someone sitting on the couch?   ;D ;D ;D    PM sent.

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
pooley, topher, and anyone interested

The Highland lake derby run by the Mahogany Ridge Fishing club will be held out of Sand Beach February 18th, 7 AM to 2 PM. Adults $20. Children $10. Includes Lunch, soda, hot chocolate and 1 dozen baitfish! See you there!

Because of the leap year, you also may want to check out the Hurleyville Fire Dept & the Town of Fallsburgh Youth Commission's  24th annual Ice fishing contest at Morningside lake on February 11th, 7 AM to 3 PM.  Adults $5.... Kids 15 and under free! Everyone is invited back to the firehouse after the event for a feast like you read about!!  These 2 events center the attention on getting the kids involved! It's rare when these derbies are held on different weekends due to the leap year! trophies, prizes, and raffles make this one worth while, not to mention the feast! Hope to see you guys there!!   Tightlines  ;D

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
as far as I know walton wasnt locked up when i drove past it last week. I doubt its locked up now..... this weather sucks need some colder temps like tonight for two weeks. lets hope that happens soon

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pooley, topher, and anyone interested

The Highland lake derby run by the Mahogany Ridge Fishing club will be held out of Sand Beach February 18th, 7 AM to 2 PM. Adults $20. Children $10. Includes Lunch, soda, hot chocolate and 1 dozen baitfish! See you there!

Because of the leap year, you also may want to check out the Hurleyville Fire Dept & the Town of Fallsburgh Youth Commission's  24th annual Ice fishing contest at Morningside lake on February 11th, 7 AM to 3 PM.  Adults $5.... Kids 15 and under free! Everyone is invited back to the firehouse after the event for a feast like you read about!!  These 2 events center the attention on getting the kids involved! It's rare when these derbies are held on different weekends due to the leap year! trophies, prizes, and raffles make this one worth while, not to mention the feast! Hope to see you guys there!!   Tightlines  ;D

thanks ! see that Pooley, not the same weekend !!!!!
I will let Joe know as well....

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

was on ice today in sullivan!!!! was a slow day but as the sun went down it got hot with smaller fish. had a blast but nothing to speak of except the slab i lost at the hole!!!!   lol

when i walked out at about 1 pm there was 3 1/2 inches of ice, when i left in the evening there was 4 1/2-5 inches!    IT IS A SHALLOW POND THO GUYS!!!!!   but the waters cold as hell and now they are coverd they freezin fast...   not long now for the better waters!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline johnnieb71

• IceShanty Rookie
I live about 5 minutes from Upton Lake in Dutchess County and drive past it daily. It was still wide open on Friday and I haven't been past it during daylight this past weekend. It was 6 degrees this morning up here. I will try to drive by tomorrow and see what I can.

Offline seabee62

• IceShanty Rookie
HOWS GREENWOOD LOOKING ?

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good if you have a boat

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
thanks ! see that Pooley, not the same weekend !!!!!
I will let Joe know as well....
that's good news! we will be there!!

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Has anyone checked out the ice at Highland yet?   I live in middletown, would hate to ride all the way up there for nothing. Any info would be appreciated.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that's good news! we will be there!!
hello pooley and the gang...joe {holehawg} saw and will be there unless doc wants to cut my heart out then then but i think im clear till march ;)...was out on topher lake in pa sun froze my butt off one pick off 3 flags about 4 inches of ice on a lake near elk mountain...thats all the info i'll give.... ;) ;D  may allyer flags be sprung :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: hole hawg out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.