New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095823 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
it is sometimes called Sterling Forest lake. it is south of Sterling lake about 1-2 miles.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
Took a drive and checked some spots in Sullivan yesterday, its starting to freeze but no where near safe and were all small water. May be New Years?.?  :(

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Took a drive and checked some spots in Sullivan yesterday, its starting to freeze but no where near safe and were all small water. May be New Years?.?  :(
what lakes you go by??? was there any open water on which lakes if so???
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
unless they are small ponds,,all lakes up here are open water,,,winds are not helping

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
SHALLOW WATER ponds in sullivan are froze! i know my fist stop is covered completely. not sure of thickness   but a few nights will add to it fast! now if we can just turn off the days.... lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i see alot of new thread for other regions in New York. that's great. we're on our 193 page!  :o ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
i see alot of new thread for other regions in New York. that's great. we're on our 193 page!  :o ;D

the only thread bigger in NY is the Oneida Lake thread

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
that lake is bigger than all of ours combined! LOL!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
How about we get a group together this year to hit one of the really big lakes for a weekend trip ???  I'm sure we could get some local guys up there to take us out for a day or two.  As a matter of fact, one guy already said he would be glad to show us the ropes anytime we want to come up ( I forget what lake).  If we plan it now, it might actually happen !!!  ????

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i think right now we all just better pray for ice in general iceballs....

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
How about we get a group together this year to hit one of the really big lakes for a weekend trip ???  I'm sure we could get some local guys up there to take us out for a day or two.  As a matter of fact, one guy already said he would be glad to show us the ropes anytime we want to come up ( I forget what lake).  If we plan it now, it might actually happen !!!  ????

Count me in!  At this rate, Ill be packing my kayak...
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
I would say after Jan. 16 if there is no ice stick a fork in all of us !!!!
Mr.Esox

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
C'mon you guys.....you KNOW we're gonna get good ice sooner or later!!!   We've had late years before, and they usually led to longer seasons in the Spring months.   Have a little FAITH !!

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
hows it goin guys...im down in Orange county and not much ice to be found. Has anyone been by Huntington or Morningside. Those are usually my first spots to lockup?

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
last week there was ice on some of the lakes in back bays ,but the rain took care of that .i gess we well have to wate another week or too

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We had some ice in a parking lot down the road from me.  It was in the shade but it still looked promising!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Merry Christmas All!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Christmas and Hanukkah greetings to all my fellow SENY ice anglers. I will be more active on I.S. this year. I crashed my computer last December had other bills,etc. to take care of before worrying about a new computer. Thanks to my family I now have a new computer (Christmas present) . Once I get it set up I will be on line on a regular basis. I'm using a relative's system today.
  A good 2012 ice season to every one. Flag up

Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
hey pooly    194!!!!

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Drove around a little today and it looks like Santa brought a decent crust of ice to some of the higher elevation ponds and lakes. If all goes well the smaller water could be ready in 2 weeks or so.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i went for a walk, in my t-shirt. sat by a pond in goshen. just barely skimmed most the way. its only about 5 foot at deepest. just sat there trying to get cold like i was fish like i usually am on this day...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Christmas and Hanukkah greetings to all my fellow SENY ice anglers. I will be more active on I.S. this year. I crashed my computer last December had other bills,etc. to take care of before worrying about a new computer. Thanks to my family I now have a new computer (Christmas present) . Once I get it set up I will be on line on a regular basis. I'm using a relative's system today.

Steve

Mr. Clean, Welcome back !

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
boss jigs what pond cause i live in goshen?

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Merry Christmas fellas!

Seen plenty of ice today-unfotunetaly it was all in my jack and coke!!!!!!!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Steve

Hi Steve.....Welcome Back....glad to see you back on the scene and ready to go!!!   All we need now is some ice!!  Merry Christmas to you and your family.... and a Happy & Healthy New Year !!!   See you sooon  (I hope )!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
theres 2 small farm ponds close to me. where in goshen you at?   pm me...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Merry Christmas fellas!

Seen plenty of ice today-unfortunetly it was all in my jack and coke!!!!!!!!

That's not really a bad thing ya know.....

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Merry Christmas fellas!

Seen plenty of ice today-unfotunetaly it was all in my jack and coke!!!!!!!!

Not enough Jack!   Alcohol doesn't freeze.

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello. New guy from Orange County who is also addicted to ice fishing. Been lurking for a while and decided to join in on the fun. Santa got me my first gas auger, a Strikemaster Mag 2000. C'mon Ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.