New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095847 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
How much is the fee?? Who's putting it on and where do we check in??

for what ??? ???

Offline Faber

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice job Pauly
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
went to glenmere today with fishon22. got there 2 and didnt catch anything till 5. then it was nonstop. kept 3 perch through a good 25  + bluegills back. some gills were around 10 inches.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
went to glenmere today with fishon22. got there 2 and didnt catch anything till 5. then it was nonstop. kept 3 perch through a good 25  + bluegills back. some gills were around 10 inches.

drove up there after i got out of teaching saw a bunch of people out there were you straight out from the parking lot or out across from the water filtration plant? and how much slush is on the lake

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
drove up there after i got out of teaching saw a bunch of people out there were you straight out from the parking lot or out across from the water filtration plant? and how much slush is on the lake
were u the person who was talkin to me. im 18. got there and was talkin in parking lot.

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
we are getting ready to go up to the hunting camp for the long weekend tomorrow highlands contest . We are going to stop & fish in the Pm . I will post how the ice is.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline cheezburgahmeat

• IceShanty Rookie
  • DRILLIN HOLES AND JIGGIN POLES BABY!!!
for Highland Lake

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we are getting ready to go up to the hunting camp for the long weekend tomorrow highlands contest . We are going to stop & fish in the Pm . I will post how the ice is.

thanks, It is greatly appreciated.    Highland Contest 20 bucks 7-2  weigh in by 2 doors close at 3 at the Sand Beach Bar on the lake

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
were u the person who was talkin to me. im 18. got there and was talkin in parking lot.

Nope I pulled in the lot around 415 just to see if anyone was fishing and how the conditions were

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
lake stahahe today.

T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice pooley! How much ice?
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemien business that, when gone about properly put you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Any word on Highland yet ?????

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
           How is the ice on white lake?  I was thinking of going to the king of the ice on sun.  :) :)
images.jpeg

Offline iceman92

• IceShanty Rookie
white lake should be fine guys were out there today. im goin sunday good luck
icefishing animal (only happy when im on the ice)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The way things are looking this morning....today will be the day that separates the men from the boys.... :flex: :cookoo:

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Also, today will be the day that separates men from their shanties.

70 mph gusts! Was gonna do Highland today but there is no way my tent would survive this wind.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sitting here and looking out the window at the snow and wind going sideways I am glad I decided to be a Boy. Sure wish I could get the rest of me to feel like a Boy! ;D

Highland, Swinging Bridge and Sackett are just up the road a piece and I thought I saw a big eagle fly over a while ago. Now I am not so sure if it wasn't a Shanty.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
The way things are looking this morning....today will be the day that separates the men from the boys.... :flex: :cookoo:

Has anyone seen my f#*!~%$ binkie!
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemien business that, when gone about properly put you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Nice pooley! How much ice?
about 16-17 inches. the park closed most of the lakes. welch and hession were still open.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
about 16-17 inches. the park closed most of the lakes. welch and hession were still open.

What's the deal on the closures. Can't be an ice issue...can it?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
What's the deal on the closures. Can't be an ice issue...can it?
when they see water on the ice, or open water, they panic.

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
when they see water on the ice, or open water, they panic.

Sounds like they're warming up the panic button for ice out.

Offline MattyH.

• IceShanty Rookie
What are the conditions like on White lake for the King of the Ice tomorrow?  Will it be possible to use an atv?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wow...that was some wind at highlandlake tourney today.... we caught a few but no winners...spent most of day chasing things sailing by.... ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wow...that was some wind at highlandlake tourney today.... we caught a few but no winners...spent most of day chasing things sailing by.... ::)

or just trying to stand still......without blowing over......I hurt....gonna be a long day tomorrow......

Cameryn really likes her new Bait Puck though.......

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What are the conditions like on White lake for the King of the Ice tomorrow?  Will it be possible to use an atv?

If it's anything like Highland was today, it should be ok.....no slush or water in sight...

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
Highland was fun today. Wind was wicked. Nice to meet some of the guys from this message board. Topher, that bait puck was rediculous. Damn near put a dozen medium bait fish in that thing.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

or just trying to stand still......without blowing over......I hurt....gonna be a long day tomorrow......

Cameryn really likes her new Bait Puck though.......
she' collecting gear already!!! good girl! ;D

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
she' collecting gear already!!! good girl! ;D
Hey pooley! Been out on Greenwood lately?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.