New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095813 times)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
anyone know of a place close to warwick to get jiffy power auger blades sharpened?

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Highland gave up a load of dink perch today, counted close to 100....several pickerel, 1 crappie and 1 LM bass....conditions sucked big time...with the warm up coming this week....gonna be a pain out there next weekend.....HoleHawg, you still alive down there ??????????
yepper ...just chilling...looking at next sat weather.... :'(....calling fer rain....

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
looks like you'll need waders to fish on the ice come the weekend!!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
forcast now changed to sunny and warm now fer highland tourney....hey topher i've  been thinking....that drilling alot of holes and hopping  / going real lite thingy is sounding really good...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Stahahe this morning.

T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
forcast now changed to sunny and warm now fer highland tourney....hey topher i've  been thinking....that drilling alot of holes and hopping  / going real lite thingy is sounding really good...

shall I bring the boat ?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
dunno... :-\... maybe cause it be really warm down here now...looks like a rain shower coming... ::) and i'v been thinking we get our 10 tip ups in...then we bore alot holes and i'll tend the taps while you find the slabs. ;) then we attack... :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: team work thingy...no sense jigging perch (everythings 5 inches there...) gotta catch picks and slabs to make the board....just my 2 cents...

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thermometer at 1pm said 61 degrees in Hamburg NJ
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
dunno... :-\... maybe cause it be really warm down here now...looks like a rain shower coming... ::) and i'v been thinking we get our 10 tip ups in...then we bore alot holes and i'll tend the taps while you find the slabs. ;) then we attack... :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: team work thingy...no sense jigging perch (everythings 5 inches there...) gotta catch picks and slabs to make the board....just my 2 cents...

I think we need to figure out how to anchor the tip ups down to the ice so they don't float away !    I think if we get close enough to the humps.....a few slabs will be caught...it's a shame to have to set up in 2 almost different areas to catch big fish from both species......I will catch a 10" perch out of there Saturday....or maybe even bigger than that  ;)

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
It sounds to me the Harriman Lakes fish well...I've always wondered about them, but haven't got out there.
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemien business that, when gone about properly put you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
It sounds to me the Harriman Lakes fish well...I've always wondered about them, but haven't got out there.
it's worth the trip. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
It seems so. Maybe I can meet up with some of you out there too.
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemien business that, when gone about properly put you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
What is the starting time for highland on Saturday? Thank you in advance.

Offline gosha

• IceShanty Rookie
I knew it was suppose to be windy but it was blowing my sled,knocked over my bucket :o managed the biggest crappie of the season almost 14" but fat ..welch was tough this pm. whoever it was that gave me the perch as I was sledding out, thanks again ;) caught a few more yellows but man it was just another tough one today.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
It seems so. Maybe I can meet up with some of you out there too.
i should be on tioroti tomorrow. if ya there i got a black taboggon and a folding chair. i wear white bibs and black jacket. look for me, i found a few spots hot jiggin action but i move alot. been alot of 9 inchers but a few nice ones too.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What is the starting time for highland on Saturday? Thank you in advance.

7 am start time...we should be there by then...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think we need to figure out how to anchor the tip ups down to the ice so they don't float away !    I think if we get close enough to the humps.....a few slabs will be caught...it's a shame to have to set up in 2 almost different areas to catch big fish from both species......I will catch a 10" perch out of there Saturday....or maybe even bigger than that  ;)
water all over the ice on the pond by the house.... :-\.....

Offline Son of Duke

• IceShanty Rookie
  • American With Pride
Me and my girlfriend caught this pile of crappies and gills  jigging with waxworms this past saturday in the snowstorm. Thank god for the pop up shanty.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Took a drive to White Lake at noon today to check the ice conditions. I have no way of knowing what the next few days will bring but the ice today is perfect and no slush or soft spots that I could see from the public launch. ATV's would be fine there today.

They are cleaning up the parking area now with a big front loader so if the ice stays hard things should be fine for the contest Sunday. There is actually a permanent shanty about 300 yards out from the launch unless it is a Port-A-Potty for the event.

Have fun to all those who plan to fish it.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
i should be on tioroti tomorrow. if ya there i got a black taboggon and a folding chair. i wear white bibs and black jacket. look for me, i found a few spots hot jiggin action but i move alot. been alot of 9 inchers but a few nice ones too.

That sounds good...I probably won't be getting out this week, but I'll let you guys know.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                   I was thinking about going to the king of the ice :) :) I have a pop up 2 man shantie .
images.jpeg

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
does anyone know the cost and start time and date of "king of the ice"?

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
king of the ice is feb. 20th.(this sunday) starts at 6am ends at 3pm. If you pre-register(before the 18th) its 12 dollars. its 15 dollars day of the contest. Hopefully this helps. seeya there.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
king of the ice is feb. 20th.(this sunday) starts at 6am ends at 3pm. If you pre-register(before the 18th) its 12 dollars. its 15 dollars day of the contest. Hopefully this helps. seeya there.
THANKS

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict

THANKS!   not sure yet but might be there.   gl

Offline iceman92

• IceShanty Rookie
this weather is kinda crappie for us hardwater fishermen. i know im gonna fish this weekend no matter what. last 2 tournements for the year for me and the crew. sackket lake sat and KING OF THE ICE sunday. then if (i hoping to get some more) we get another cold snap weekends will still be my fishinig time :). has anyone been out how bad is it?
icefishing animal (only happy when im on the ice)

Offline gosha

• IceShanty Rookie
No where's near , Tior... was tough..still managed a few keepers but the perch and crappie were just not cooperating. Gas powered auger..so I did my track but ONLY half dozen decent blue gills and the `crappie I hit first drop on my first drill ::)

Offline gosha

• IceShanty Rookie
Forgot to mention, the weather was awesome as was the ice....need cleats ;D

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
went out this morning got a couple lakers biggest 24 inchs

Offline cheezburgahmeat

• IceShanty Rookie
  • DRILLIN HOLES AND JIGGIN POLES BABY!!!
How much is the fee?? Who's putting it on and where do we check in??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.