New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095992 times)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
(Image removed from quote.)

NICE JOB CHRIS!!!!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Here are a couple other pics from today.....in the first pic, see if you can figure out what's missing....

no iceshanty flag!!! >:( :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline David M

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey, any of you guys fish Sturgeon Pool? I've gone there twice now and been completely skunked both times. Just can't seem to find the fish. Any tips?

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
david, i have been to  sturgeon pool my self with 6 of my buddies. No luck.

Offline David M

• IceShanty Rookie
Thinking about going to Fourth Lake tomorrow. Can't stand getting skunked at Sturgeon.  ;D Gotta redeem myself.

Got some decent bluegills this weekend. Really wanted to catch some perch or pickerel though.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Hi Guys;

CHRIS.............. NICE!!!!!  Fish of a lifetime in this area.

JOE .......  Fished in Yulan Monday... took a drive to Tom's Bait and stopped in your town.  Almost went into the FD to find ya!! LOL
               Got one large Yellow and one LM Bass in private lake....really slow.

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
...i just stood there drooling with the gaff... ;) ;D

thought you said there was no beer   lol

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                    nice fish .......Topher  must had a nice fight on your hands.   :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
images.jpeg

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
                                    nice fish .......Topher  must had a nice fight on your hands.   :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the fight lasted 22 minutes....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
the fight lasted 22 minutes....
what the heck, no IS flag! you too are lame! LOL! :callcops: :roflmao: :-*
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I gotta build a mount for my flag......and a beer holder/ammo belt type thingy...that way they are always right by my side !

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
so went to glenieda over this past weekend and got skunded fished the northern end of the lake but goingfor lakers i really wanted to use suckers and i cant find them any where any one know were to get them

Offline Son of Duke

• IceShanty Rookie
  • American With Pride
anyone know of a decent pond or lake in the area(or nearby PA) for trout. I'm not concerned with how big they are. I just want to catch a few. My woman wants to go with me and I don't want her to be bored.

Offline Ed D

• Team IceShanty Regular
ct outfitters in conn. check to see if legal

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
ill prolly be heading to glenieda tomorrow or friday.....i got skunked and have to redeem myself

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
a whole lot of rookies on this thread! good to see! you guys should put where you live in your profile, so we can help you more. ;)

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
a whole lot of rookies on this thread! good to see! you guys should put where you live in your profile, so we can help you more. ;)
;D ;D :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline David M

• IceShanty Rookie
Just got back from Fourth Lake. The fishing was pretty bad. Caught maybe 5 bluegill. I probably punched 20 holes looking for the fish.

Anybody know if there are any perch in that lake? I'm really hot to catch some perch....but I can't seem to figure them out. Caught ONE at Sturgeon Pool last week....but nothing else. I'm probably just doing it wrong.  ;D

Offline Ed D

• Team IceShanty Regular
a whole lot of rookies on this thread! good to see! you guys should put where you live in your profile, so we can help you more       so being a rookie on the site= rookie on the ice im from westchester,wheres youre honey holes.    glad to be on this web and a rookie

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
a whole lot of rookies on this thread! good to see! you guys should put where you live in your profile, so we can help you more       so being a rookie on the site= rookie on the ice im from westchester,wheres youre honey holes.    glad to be on this web and a rookie

All my Honeyholes are in my Beehive  ;)

Offline Ed D

• Team IceShanty Regular
do you recomend 8 or10 inch auger for that beehive

Offline gosha

• IceShanty Rookie
Ed where is you live?  ;D Another thing, where is rgfitit and mtbusch? they get in a fist fight or something? lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
do you recomend 8 or10 inch auger

a 10" is overkill....I still use one though  ;)

That little fish pic a couple pages back easily fit up through a 7" though.....it's a matter pf personal preference I guess...

Offline gosha

• IceShanty Rookie
a 10" is overkill....I still use one though  ;)

That little fish pic a couple pages back easily fit up through a 7" though.....it's a matter pf personal preference I guess...
still glad you caught that awesome fish. I took my first three white perch in that(harriman lk) finally !!! those things fight like bass! the hatch was a swedish and they were coughing up small sawbellies.

Offline Ed D

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ed where is you live?  ;D Another thing, where is rgfitit and mtbusch? they get in a fist fight or something? lol
central west.

Offline Ed D

• Team IceShanty Regular
still glad you caught that awesome fish. I took my first three white perch in that(harriman lk) finally !!! those things fight like bass! the hatch was a swedish and they were coughing up small sawbellies.
the yellows are full of eggs and feeding up lets get'em boys

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
only one lake in harriman with white perch! ;) they are great fighters!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
only one lake in harriman with white perch! ;) they are great fighters!!

White Perch, or White Bass ?   ;)

Offline gosha

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline gosha

• IceShanty Rookie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.