New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095869 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
NEED FISHING PARTNER FOR TOMORROW (SUNDAY) ON Lake Ronkonkoma, Long Island.  Lake has goood population of LARGE Walleye!!!
Get in touch with me by 11PM tonight.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
NEED FISHING PARTNER FOR TOMORROW (SUNDAY) ON Lake Ronkonkoma, Long Island.  Lake has goood population of LARGE Walleye!!!
                           What bridge do you have to cross ice balls ? How far or wear is it located on long island ?
images.jpeg

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey roger..highlake tourney is feb 19th 7 till 3...weighin by 2....2o bucks entry fee includes the food beer and dozen bait.... ;D...i'll post ya if i'm hitting fallsburg tourney... :-\

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey roger..highlake tourney is feb 19th 7 till 3...weighin by 2....2o bucks entry fee includes the food beer and dozen bait.... ;D...i'll post ya if i'm hitting fallsburg tourney... :-\

You wanna make the Highland Lake tourney our overnight???  Hope we get a good crowd of our guys .

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
went out to walton today with my cousin got a perch a couple of smallies and a large mouth

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
went out to walton today with my cousin got a perch a couple of smallies and a large mouth
how much ice is there?
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Hello Guys --just want to let you all know Fallsburg FD tourny is canceled ..Just got a post card at my fire house wensday.

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Monticello FD contest on Sacket lake is Feb 19.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
BCSHANTY, your inbox is full. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
What a day on the ice!! Swan lake touney was a great time. Home some of you guys made it out to the tourney today. Next tourney for me is the ny state crappie derby. Cant wait

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Pooley, that's one heck of a fish you entered !   Huntington has nothing on that one !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Pooley, that's one heck of a fish you entered !   Huntington has nothing on that one !
heck yeah it was! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :icefish:

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
how much ice is there?

like 8-10 first inch or tho is hard slush

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
heck yeah it was! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :icefish:
great slab buddy congrats...did your fishing partner sleep in too... ;) ;) ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
great slab buddy congrats...did your fishing partner sleep in too... ;) ;) ;) ;D
hahahahahaha, yup! ;D

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
were u the person in blue shanty? drove by and saw like 3 groups accross lake. what u catch them on

Offline gaddis

• IceShanty Rookie
What's the deal with Lake Tiorati?  I have ice fished there a couple of times in years past and remember being able to park next to the lake.  I went there last weekend and I could not find a parking area, other than the one at Lake Skannanati.  Did something change?

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
hahahahahaha, yup! ;D

Kind of like opening day of deer season 2 years ago! ;)

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
What's the deal with Lake Tiorati?  I have ice fished there a couple of times in years past and remember being able to park next to the lake.  I went there last weekend and I could not find a parking area, other than the one at Lake Skannanati.  Did something change?

I know the one parking lot on the lake was closed because it still had a red flag last week. The parking lot up by the circle is always open.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Kind of like opening day of deer season 2 years ago! ;)
yes it was, and i shot your deer too! LOL! ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
it won't be open till the lake is. it used to be bigger, until too many dopes got stuck in the mud! ;)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
BCSHANTY, your inbox is full. ;D
All cleared up thanks!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yes it was, and i shot your deer too! LOL! ;D
ya gotta get hockey a air horn / alarm clock...pooley...dosn't cabelas sell a " hard to get out'a the crib " model... ;) ;D

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Seeing as how they cancelled the South Fallsburg tournament, what's the plan for this weekend??  Depending on snowfall from this next storm, how about getting together on Highland and plot out a strategy for the Highland tournament.  Are we goignto make Highland our experimental overnight??  If we are, we should map out a plan (where to set up, where to fish, food, anyone got an ATV for transportation of all the gear we'll need, etc.).  The more prepared we are, the more fun it's going to be (just the old Boy Scout in me coming out). 
If we hit Highland this weekend, I'm bringing a stack of HOME-MADE DONUTS!!(That'll get them out there).

IceBalls

Offline gaddis

• IceShanty Rookie
I know the one parking lot on the lake was closed because it still had a red flag last week. The parking lot up by the circle is always open.

The red flag was up, but there was 10 inches of ice on Skannanati.

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular

If we hit Highland this weekend, I'm bringing a stack of HOME-MADE DONUTS!!(That'll get them out there).

IceBalls

Ooo...Donuts! So, where's Highland.
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemien business that, when gone about properly put you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I'm gonna be at the Crappie Derby still.....Holehawg, that tourney on Lower Woods Sunday....I met and fished with the guy Sat on Long Pond, he doesn't even have the permits necessary to fish it.....I do not believe that I will be there for Sunday....

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
The red flag was up, but there was 10 inches of ice on Skannanati.

All of those lakes have atleast 10 inches on them, hopefully this weekend they will all be open.

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
Highland Tourney the 19th of Feb?? Why have it the same day as The sackett contest?? the weekend before the 19th, the saturday is open(as far as i know). Beaver dam is on sunday feb 13.. what a not so smart move..

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                          I fished the swan lake tournament on sun , managed to catch a few fish 1 pickerel & some perch.
                          I went to  the weigh in station . WOW   I could not believe the fish people were bringing in, saw a
                          man bring a 5 gal bucket full of perch. 2 other guys with a big tub full of perch & pickerals. The
                          weigh in line was long with lot of fish did not stay for official resalts. I asked what the big pickerel
                          was & was told 27". This was my first time on the lake ,  I know now I was in the wrong location.
                          Hopefully I will get in the money next year . :) :) :icefish:
images.jpeg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.