New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095878 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I was the red sled, heard those guys and started thinking never ever post to much on an open forum.. not that it matters but..it might help ::) met bloodgrove his dad and his friend, bite wasn't as good as previous days per hole but I managed a few.
There all over up there, mostly from new jersey!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
rusians? .. I doubt it from my experience... nj'ers you might be right! lol
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
What's going on further north in sullivan? I want to feed the eagles on swb  :P
lonelywolf lol

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Went to Walton today. Great day to be outside. Not alot of flags but worth the wait. Got a brown 25 inches just shy of 7lbs. If I can figure it out I'll post a picture. Also got a couple of LM Bass and one Smallie all about 2-3lbs.
WHERES THAT TROUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? HHAHAHAHA   ;D ;D ;D ;D :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular

Thanks for the help posting. Hope it worked.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
impressive and great photo bro, wtg!  do you pickle them lol ..no no no just kidding! ;D
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
(Image removed from quote.)

That's a nice one, congrats !

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!

SYLVAN LAKE  1/15/11   Estimated 6-7 lbs. (might be more, but no scale)

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
as part of my job i drive by Walton alot. think tomorrow i might just bring the auger and a jig pole with me in the company car!!!  ;D ;D :woot:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf

iceballs , that is xxxlmb man! WTG!  ..Ever lip them on a jig? lol :o
lonelywolf lol

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
trying to take my girlfriend out. live in warwick. any ideas on place to go local. hoping to get her to catch anything. any help is much appreciated.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
trying to take my girlfriend out. live in warwick. any ideas on place to go local. hoping to get her to catch anything. any help is much appreciated.
best bet is to take her out on the warmest day possible. i took mine out last week when it was about 20 degrees. needless to say she wasnt to happy. but she said shed give it another shot. ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
glenmere
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

sweet brown!!! glad to help with the pics.

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie

Nice fish! I saw you out there on sylvan I came out around 2 in the afternoon took my girlfriend out If u remember she had a good time but really nervous about the slush hahaha! But we didn't catch anything but had a good time def. Going to try that lake again it was my dirst time there so try it again

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Nice fish! I saw you out there on sylvan I came out around 2 in the afternoon took my girlfriend out If u remember she had a good time but really nervous about the slush hahaha! But we didn't catch anything but had a good time def. Going to try that lake again it was my dirst time there so try it again

DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS YOU!  You should have come over to say hello. We had a couple of laughs about your GF.... she didn't look too happy with that slush..LOL.  That's OK...just keep taking her out, preferably on good, sunny days...she'll get to like it as long as she's comfortable and catches a fish every now and then.   Sylvan Lake has a lot to offer (LMB, SMB, Trout, Crappies, Pickerel, etc) ... you're sure to meet us again up there.  Let me know when you plan another trip.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anyone get the date for the Sandbar tournament on Highland ? is it still Valentine's weekend like usual ?

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i was on hi land yesterday  there was some nut driveing his truck back and fourth on the ice raseing arond
and i seen people puling a sled with a 4 weller arond with no helmets or life jackets ware is the lqaw when things are going on like this

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
i was on hi land yesterday  there was some nut driveing his truck back and fourth on the ice raseing arond
and i seen people puling a sled with a 4 weller arond with no helmets or life jackets ware is the lqaw when things are going on like this
The number for all the CO's in the county you are in is in your NYS compendium.....the one with all the fishing laws in them
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
thanks
  Your welcome....I use them often
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
glenmere

where would you say the best area to try on glenmere. only been there a few times

Offline KenDOdoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice fish IceBalls...it sounded like a good day of fishing. I've never fished Amawalk. I'd like to, but after your report I'm not so sure.

Ever lip them on a jig? lol :o

I jigged up some nice bluegill Sunday with a friend and his son.  In the mix I jigged up a 2-3 pound lmb with 2# flouro and a tiny jig/mealworm stuck to his upper lip. It's a good time.
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemien business that, when gone about properly put you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Went to Glenida today!  Things were fine until i drilled a hole in 70' of water and found myself standing on 1-2 inches of ice, be carefull  on that lake!  fishing was slow-no trout.............

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
yea def will let you know when i plan another trip up to sylvan. even though that day was a pretty slow day i know they're in there. i dont know the lake to well i got to learn it i really wanna get beyond that first point to left but i dont know where that spring is over there but i assume after this ice storm the lakes around here will be pretty solid hopefully but i think in acouple days im going to try mahopac lake for some crappies havent been there in years! try it out it used to be great there we'll see

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
where would you say the best area to try on glenmere. only been there a few times
straight out from the parking lot. we had a lot of action out towards the islands.

Offline BloodGroove4570

• IceShanty Rookie

Hey mtbusch, nice to see you, i will keep you up to speed on the date and specifics of the next trip....
There's never a dull moment

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie
iceballs, topher, holehawg, and BC. Finally got those photo's edited from lake huntington. PM me your emails if you want them.

~Ec

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
iceballs, topher, holehawg, and BC. Finally got those photo's edited from lake huntington. PM me your emails if you want them.

~Ec
PM sent

thanks ! I hope you made the fish look bigger !   ;)

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Hey mtbusch, nice to see you, i will keep you up to speed on the date and specifics of the next trip....
We certainly had a good day. Was a pleasure meeting you your friend and dad and looking forward to doing it again.  looking good for the weekend :tipup:  pm me when ready, hoping it is a go for the weekend.
lonelywolf lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.