New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095806 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
burppppppppppppp....fi shing... ;) ;D

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
very upsetting to hear that. :( :(

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
fished blue lake today for about 2 hours. got a total of 10 fish. not to bad. mixed bag of perch and bluegills. noticed that on the left side of the lake there was a group of guys that seemed to be building an igloo
 ??? ???. maybe as a wind shield but they were still working on it when i left at around 5. its pretty large i wonder what they were up to? was that any of you guys lol.?

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
looking to hit walton lake saturday. ive fished it once for a few hours and ony had one hit on the jig pole but it felt like a monster. any ideas where to try. i will also be using tip ups. thanks guys.  :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
looking to hit walton lake saturday. ive fished it once for a few hours and ony had one hit on the jig pole but it felt like a monster. any ideas where to try. i will also be using tip ups. thanks guys.  :tipup:

Be careful out there, Walton has springs. Pooley was out there a couple of years ago and the ice was 7 inches and then all of a sudden 2.

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm gonna try it on Saturday too. Out in front of the old boat rental is usually pretty good. Drops off fast there. have caught some nice trout and big pics there.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
remember no gas augers on walton lake. i think its chesters drinking water. walt

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thinking about hitting my cove on the delaware tomorrow and try fer wallys...gotta go to long island sunday soo that day is shot... ::)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any word on any tourneys? kids wanna fish!!!!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thinking about hitting my cove on the delaware tomorrow and try fer wallys...gotta go to long island sunday soo that day is shot... ::)

whaddaya think about next weekend...Sunday to be more specific ?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
remember no gas augers on walton lake. i think its chesters drinking water. walt
i've never seen them stop people from using gas augers there, just gas outboards.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i've never seen them stop people from using gas augers there, just gas outboards.
yeah me too. same with big pond.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've always used a gas auger there. Only gas outboards prohibited. It is Chesters' reservoir.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Any word on any tourneys? kids wanna fish!!!!!!
bc, How is everything! , was thinking the same thing! was at stahahee or however it is spelled :-\ me and a partner  jigged  from noon till sundown.. caught a half dozen keeper(perch) alot of bass a few scappy crappies .. hope everybody is doing good outdoors! it was a good day sunny and no wind ;) hoping they opened a few more lks today ! Hey pooley, I seen and I used gas auger at harriman, what is your thoughts on that place?btw, ice was about 6"
lonelywolf lol

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You were lucky with the no wind today! I fished White Lake and by noon the wind kicked up to 10-15 MPH steady and right out of the west. All my disc tip ups got completely covered and I about froze my rear off. NO flags at all but that's nothing new for WL.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Gary, It was as calm a day as it gets, probably in the mid 20s with the sunshine. Maybe 6" powder snow so it was easy kicking. I still have my original lazer blades and it was no problem drilling about a dozen holes for me and my partner. Hoping tomorrow to try a favorite hole local. This park is 20 minutes from me and is a jiggers haven ;D  I wish you luck on your next outing getting some quality trout on flags. I know you know your water good buddy. Later, john
lonelywolf lol

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Gary, It was as calm a day as it gets, probably in the mid 20s with the sunshine. Maybe 6" powder snow so it was easy kicking. I still have my original lazer blades and it was no problem drilling about a dozen holes for me and my partner. Hoping tomorrow to try a favorite hole local. This park is 20 minutes from me and is a jiggers haven ;D  I wish you luck on your next outing getting some quality trout on flags. I know you know your water good buddy. Later, john
this jiggers haven isn't located in harriman is it ?? hahahah

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
this jiggers haven isn't located in harriman is it ?? hahahah
noway silly, :P central park
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
By the way, no mousies or spikes at the baitshop today ::) still have some spikes and I will use eyes if it comes down to it.
lonelywolf lol

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
took a ride to sylvan lake today to check out the ice situation and idk about 20 ft off shore it was a good 10 inches of ice. then went out to about 50 ft id say and it went to 6 inches roughly. so im going to hit it up tomorrow after noon i know theres springs in that lake but i dont know where they are. the only parking i really saw there was a small area with a sign that said boat loading only and no trespassing signs this was on sylvan lake road right after the camp heading north. i see alot of tracks going onto the ice but wanted to know if anyone knew if its ok to park there.

Offline BloodGroove4570

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guyz, besides sterling forest is there any harriman lakes green flagged yet??????
Thank you in advance..... Tight lines.
There's never a dull moment

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
You were lucky with the no wind today! I fished White Lake and by noon the wind kicked up to 10-15 MPH steady and right out of the west. All my disc tip ups got completely covered and I about froze my rear off. NO flags at all but that's nothing new for WL.

Hey gamalot, I drove out to WL during the week to check it out and the parking lot at the boat launch was standing
full of snow. I didn't even bother to pull in, have they plowed it yet?  ???
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
anyone been to Greenwood yet?

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey gamalot, I drove out to WL during the week to check it out and the parking lot at the boat launch was standing
full of snow. I didn't even bother to pull in, have they plowed it yet?  ???

Yes, They did a few BS swipes through it with a plow but not a very good job at all. I parked right down at the ramp and fished right out front. No action and very tough walking through deep snow.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
whaddaya think about next weekend...Sunday to be more specific ?

well i might hit my law in laws priv lake....depends ..hes got my jiffy and 3 dozen shiners doing r and d today.... ;) ;D...if its any good yer more than welcome to join in...( its loaded with weeds and gills...)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well i might hit my law in laws priv lake....depends ..hes got my jiffy and 3 dozen shiners doing r and d today.... ;) ;D...if its any good yer more than welcome to join in...( its loaded with weeds and gills...)

I'll let you know  ;D  in the meantime, I gotta restring the Jiffy AGAIN  >:( only got 21 holes out of it today....only good thing is that it started on the pull that the cord broke......only 2 perch jigging this AM 1 flag ( missed it )   gonna try this afternoon after 3 for eyes at the local honeyhole....good thing I have my hand auger  ;)

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey guyz, besides sterling forest is there any harriman lakes green flagged yet??????
Thank you in advance..... Tight lines.
i know stahahe is open they said one more. i could barely make out what the guy was saying over the phone... i know it was not welch, sebago, tioroti. i think it might have been kannawuake. i called sterling and asked. you might have better luck calling then i did.  :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I'll let you know  ;D  in the meantime, I gotta restring the Jiffy AGAIN  >:( only got 21 holes out of it today....only good thing is that it started on the pull that the cord broke......only 2 perch jigging this AM 1 flag ( missed it )   gonna try this afternoon after 3 for eyes at the local honeyhole....good thing I have my hand auger  ;)
one word------Strikemaster! LOL!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i know stahahe is open they said one more. i could barely make out what the guy was saying over the phone... i know it was not welch, sebago, tioroti. i think it might have been kannawuake. i called sterling and asked. you might have better luck calling then i did.  :tipup:
the other one was Lake Nawahunta

they added Askoti and Skanatati today. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.