New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095965 times)

Offline markf12668

• IceShanty Rookie
there is a new shop located in the town of lumberland on 31 right off 97.  Really nice guy, real lively bait and good prices.  He told us that he can also get any kind of special bait that you want if you give him a heads up.  I will get the number it is posted at the little store on 31. (pete's)
The bait shop is on Caskey Rd. about 1/4 mile up on the left.I think its the 2nd or 3rd house on the right.Phone # is 845-856-0741.Good people there.I'm new to the sight,live in Glen Spey,and fish like theres no tomorrow.Drop me a line if you want to fish.I'm thinking about Superior lake on Sunday.Anybody got word on Swinging Bridge??

Offline BloodGroove4570

• IceShanty Rookie
hey markf, i was livin up that way a very short time ago, couple months. not workin right now and me and my dad are ready to rock. drop me a line and maybe we get to catchin, thanks..
There's never a dull moment

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
january 3,2011 ??? ice in pool is solid all day..what gives ???anybody call sterling or harriman yet?
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Anybody think greenwood lk is accessable? I called Franks bait and tackle over the weekend and found out Eric sold it some six years ago! Wow, been alot longer than that since I was up that way! Time sure flies by!!!! I asked where there might be acess should the lk be good to go and found out some sforeline access but it isn't for just anyone! lol ;D
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I'm goin to phone tioroti circle in the am just to find out if they do ice checks too this time of year..lmao  ;D maybe the lovely sweetheart will tell me some of the lakes I like are finally green flagged ::)
lonelywolf lol

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Everything is closed in harriman and sterling as of yesterday.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
there is open water on white lake !!!   went back to superior today and got a few perch, a lot of pickerel and a 10 inch gill on the jig, only fish that actually hit the jig all day. going back there tomorrow with my dad.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
It is amazing knowing the pond here in passaic countypark  is rock solid! I will call before heading out to work. Hoping to get out down here this week. I will post here before heading out..would like to access highland lk but know it is private. anybody have access and want to go this week if harriman is closed pm me or post here.
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
boss, superior never did it for me, I hit that place enough times and although I know it is deep enough, somehow from what I see what is available for public fishing and what I seen in the way of the russian invasion.. i rest my case
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I propose a new legislature whereby if you speak another lang.. nevermind, i'll get meself banned again ::)
lonelywolf lol

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
boss, superior never did it for me, I hit that place enough times and although I know it is deep enough, somehow from what I see what is available for public fishing and what I seen in the way of the russian invasion.. i rest my case
well ill say i dont see the russians there, and i slam the perch    if it dont do it for you thats cool, more action for me!!!lol

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
Everything is closed in harriman and sterling as of yesterday.
Took a ride through the park today nothing but red flags
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
wonder if I gave you some green flags and..oh nevermind.. that ain't right
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
So in the meantime, where are all the highland lk shanty militias? lol i mean come on! where is your patronage?
lonelywolf lol

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Did you check foxwood?  ;D

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i doubt that they have even checked harriman and sterling since last week.  :-\

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
iceboy, with the state cutting park officials etc. , It doesn;t surprise me anymore. But I do get a feeling those lks should open soon. gl this season
lonelywolf lol

Offline BloodGroove4570

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey mtbusch, i would hit highland with you this week, it should be goood to go, my dad and me were talking about hitting it anyway this week. Shoot me a PM if interested.
There's never a dull moment

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
They closed sterling forest on Sunday so somebody is checking.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Hey mtbusch, i would hit highland with you this week, it should be goood to go, my dad and me were talking about hitting it anyway this week. Shoot me a PM if interested.
I would like that very much.. I had a good time last season on highland lk with Gamelot at the anual ice derby! I would be honored to meet you at the beach! I'll pm you before the weekend for sure.. just got to make sure wgich days I'll be good to go. ty for the invite too friend!
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Just got off the phone with a gentleman at tiorti, still haven't checked for thickness and it may be awhile before they do. I am hoping freezing nights and overcast days this week open some of these park lakes by this weekend.
lonelywolf lol

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks mtbusch you too!  :tipup: I also called sterling. still only 2 small ponds open. 4 corners and eagle lake. laurel meadow north was open last week but they must have closed it. heard eagle lake has crappies. fished it once the deepest i had found was about 4 feet.  ??? and didnt catch a single thing.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
Does anyone have any information on the upcoming ice fishing contest in the area?(king of the ice, highland contest, Sackett, and any others) Looking like I'll be heading to Swan lake on Saturday.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
iceboy, with the state cutting park officials etc. , It doesn;t surprise me anymore. But I do get a feeling those lks should open soon. gl this season
ill be happy to check the lakes for them free of charge. hahah  :thumbsup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Rocketman....the only contest I have a date for is the So. Fallsburg Fire Dept.  tourney on Echo Lake  Jan. 29.  There's also the Northern Challenge on  Feb. 5, but that's up at Tupper Lake in the Adks.   For your info:  there's usually a good bunch of us from IceShanty at the So. Fallsburg contest.

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
any body know how thick the ice is at white lake? i plan on going there tomarrow

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I'm passing on the South Fallsburg deal, gonna hit the Crappie Derby up to Whitney Point that weekend

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
any body know how thick the ice is at white lake? i plan on going there tomarrow

moondog   there is some open water on white lake as of today!!!   the shore side by 17b is open about 20 yards off shore to about 40-50 yards it looks like

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
thank you  i like to fish the upper end
i go in at the vets dock  maybe i well go el's ware tomarrow

Offline markf12668

• IceShanty Rookie
hey markf, i was livin up that way a very short time ago, couple months. not workin right now and me and my dad are ready to rock. drop me a line and maybe we get to catchin, thanks..
Are you fishing Sunday??Let me know,maybe we can catch some fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.