New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095979 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
boss jig, that was a topher perch I searched for spring bobbers and copied and pasted the pic.
ohhh so you sayin topher gets those BIG ones??
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I get lots of little ones too...if I mark them, I catch them  ;)     that spring bobber setup I have in that pic is a St. Croix legend rod spring bobber setup that I customized to fit that particular rod....very simple to do.....if you want to save the hassle, just get a Jason Mitchell 24" spring bobber rod...I have one of those as well and I use it all the time

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
lmbo..i couldnt catch a cold last year ...never mind anything big.... ;D...maybe this year will be like 2 years ago where me flags wer poping like crazy.... ;) ;D :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: see ya in morning buddy ..i'll be a little late cause i'm grabbing bait  for me and iceballs in the am....
I'm working until 3am and will be passing tom's bait in Middletown on the way up-let me know if you guys want me to pick up bait for you so you don't have to wait

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was at Tom's bait in Fair Oaks/Middletown today. He has moussies, spikes, Mealy and Butter grubs along with shiners and worms and all sorts of gear.

He is open 24 hours but lets get real. If you call and let him know you will be there early he is fine with that but not for just a dozen bait. Any time after 5 AM and he is up and moving.

If I wasn't going fishing you couldn't get my dead arse out of bed for $5 unless you were a bunch prettier then Holehawg!

I have to admit though, Tom's does take good care of us down in these parts and his fish range from tiny to very large.

Good luck on Huntington. I am heading to Big Pond first thing in the morning.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
ok, pooley is gonna give a bait 101 course for you guys that don't know. just ain't gonna be tonight! LOL! :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was at Tom's bait in Fair Oaks/Middletown today. He has moussies, spikes, Mealy and Butter grubs along with shiners and worms and all sorts of gear.

He is open 24 hours but lets get real. If you call and let him know you will be there early he is fine with that but not for just a dozen bait. Any time after 5 AM and he is up and moving.

If I wasn't going fishing you couldn't get my dead arse out of bed for $5 unless you were a bunch prettier then Holehawg!

I have to admit though, Tom's does take good care of us down in these parts and his fish range from tiny to very large.

Good luck on Huntington. I am heading to Big Pond first thing in the morning.
lmao...a bunch pretter than holehawg....lmao...bur pppppppp ;D

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
 :thumbsup: to Tom's B &T. Solid guy always with good Bait selection.

good luck tomorrow gang. I realize i have off Friday. Heading out local Friday armed with tipups and the biggest shiners I can get my hands on.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
There is 2 Tom's bait shop in these parts. One I guess is up in Narrowsburgh and the other is in Fair Oaks just past Middletown.

I don't know from fact but I think the Hawg hangs at the one up near the PA border. ;D

Hope the bite is on in the morning!

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
flounderman hows it going? im up fishing south bay in lake champlain. we are getting pike from 25in to 35in up to 9lbs. ill be home friday. are you fishing anywhere this monday. we have to hook up somewhere & fish together. walt

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
There is 2 Tom's bait shop in these parts. One I guess is up in Narrowsburgh and the other is in Fair Oaks just past Middletown.

I don't know from fact but I think the Hawg hangs at the one up near the PA border. ;D

Hope the bite is on in the morning!

It will be....the Magician is gonna be there !   ;)

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
Good luck guys, I wish I could join you, maybe some weekend I'll come down that way with Topher.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
            I like & use Tom's bait shop in fair oakes for many years now  ,he is open 24/7
            nice bait .  :) :)
images.jpeg

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Good luck guys, I wish I could join you, maybe some weekend I'll come down that way with Topher.

Sometime we'll get ya down this way  !  Get Better !

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
 There is a weather advisory for black ice. Be careful driving early am.   Thanks for the rod tipTopher,and the baitshop Gary.
lonelywolf lol

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
now we'll have some action... ;) ;D :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

It was about 2 pounds, now.......about 12! :o

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
gamalot let me know how you do at big. was going to head there this weekend if i can get out of work but i didnt wanna drive all the way up there for there to be like 2 inches of ice.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Joe, don't forget the camera !

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
sorry topher i missed it wife is sick so guess who is watching the little ones.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie
How'd every body do after I left? Hopefully it picked up some.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Spent a gorgeous day fish Big Pond. Met a couple good guys and the weather could not have been better. The fishing could not have been worse!

I never had a flag all day from 6 AM till 4 PM and Tracey and Ed got one dink pickerel. We did see 3 or 4 trout caught but nothing big.

Skunked again at BP but I ain't b&%$*in because I was fishing and had a nice day.

Hope you guys did better.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How'd every body do after I left? Hopefully it picked up some.
it did...lol..even i had a flag...burppppppp i'll post pics after i eat something...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
it did...lol..even i had a flag...burppppppp i'll post pics after i eat something...

home safe and sound, got a rather large bag of fish to fillet after dinner ;D  NY needs to get their seasons in line with PA's in regards to bass season....

IceBalls, Evan, Holehawg, Expansion Crack, BC Shanty, and Boss Jigs,   was a pleasure to fish with you all today...weather was beautiful, and the fish cooperated to an extent..

PS   Pooley and Hockey12......your crappies and walleyes all lived to die another day  ;)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
hey man it was cool meeting ya with the guys. i had a good time! well all except the runs!!! lmao

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie

IceBalls, Evan, Holehawg, Expansion Crack, BC Shanty, and Boss Jigs,   was a pleasure to fish with you all today...weather was beautiful, and the fish cooperated to an extent..

Thanks for letting me tag a long, the pleasure was all mine!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good time today with Topher,Holehawg,Iceballs,Evan,expansion crack and bossjigs--lots of gills,some nice size smallies and not enough beer.

Shame we could'nt find them crappies (I think pooley has been sneaking there at night and catching them all)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good time today with Topher,Holehawg,Iceballs,Evan,expansion crack and bossjigs--lots of gills,some nice size smallies and not enough beer.

Shame we could'nt find them crappies (I think pooley has been sneaking there at night and catching them all)
awwww dont worry about those pooley streched crappies, just let me know when we can get together and i should be able to put you on good fish.   

ohhhh and pooley   the stories i heard!!!!!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Glad everybody had a good day outdoors! ;D  that ridge at bp is always a sight especially under a blue sky.. anyway, I  called tiorti this am,it sounds like no sooner than a week after new years. They haven;t bothered   checking ice thickness along the seven lakes yet.
lonelywolf lol

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie

Agreed next time I'll bring more guinness and have the wife drop me off and pick me up! ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
38 bluegills later, the fillet knife has now been cleaned and put away until Saturday    :tipup:

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Great day with all you guys.....weather cooperated, so did the fish!!  Re; Not enough beer.....you guys missed Evan's stash....he had a whole case of Molsens Golden!!!  We got caught in horrendous traffic on theway home (accidents on the road)....got back here at 9PM!!!

What are we doing next week???   Highland, Superior, Private lake in Yulan (I have access) ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.