New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096015 times)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
let us know brother. chomping at he bit we are! ;D
Are you guys heading up that way?  I'm fishing somewhere fri or sat or both!!!!!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Thanks for all the info guys. Two weeks ago we had a inch and a half on one of my perch ponds only made it about 100 ft and had to back off, then it got warm. What do you guys target down here? I fished over by stewart airport on the side of the road caught a dozen craps
saq i saw you said you work at west point!!! i grew up on the lakes out there, dad retired for west point. the fishing is great on those lakes. you do need to either work there or be in the millitary (or a guest of someone who is) to get a west point licence though. if you just want to get on the ice then thats where to go after work!!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Are you guys heading up that way?  I'm fishing somewhere fri or sat or both!!!!!!!
looking to go saturday.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
hey guys....was just up around the town of Highland NY at a private pond I know........checked the ice and there was 3" to 4" of good black ice across the pond........good luck and tight lines
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
let us know brother. chomping at he bit we are! ;D
will do... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
hey guys....was just up around the town of Highland NY at a private pond I know........checked the ice and there was 3" to 4" of good black ice across the pond........good luck and tight lines

Thanks for the info Hammer, and welcome back, nice to see ya !

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Evening Gentlemen!  Mike here from Carmel, NY.  FYI, saw a fisherman out on White Pond this morning.  Hard to believe the ice is safe but just wanted to pass this on.  Would be out there this weekend (with my mustang suit on) but gotta work.  Good luck to everyone this season!

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie
I haven't been able to get out on the ice since 2005  ???. Think I might be able to this year, def. looking forward to it. may try out some of the small ponds near me to get the cobwebs off all my stuff before I hit some of the bigger water.

Good luck and Be safe,
~EC

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Was just reading the Reports & Conditions threads and one of the guys eyeblled Highland Lake and sqys its completely iced up....that doesn't mean it's safe to walk on....gotta go up and check it out.  Anybody heading up that way this seekend???

Holehawg....any chance you could call you buds at Sand Beach for an ice conditions report???  If you do....ask them about the date for their tourney....maybe we can coincide that with our overnight.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
talked to a baitshop in woodburn and said 1 of the fireman told him 3 inches on morningside   im going there tomorrow to see myself    ill report

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Was just reading the Reports & Conditions threads and one of the guys eyeblled Highland Lake and sqys its completely iced up....that doesn't mean it's safe to walk on....gotta go up and check it out.  Anybody heading up that way this seekend???

Holehawg....any chance you could call you buds at Sand Beach for an ice conditions report???  If you do....ask them about the date for their tourney....maybe we can coincide that with our overnight.
i'll try ....maybe paddy 's around...havent seen pete in a month...

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i did hear on here though that lake superior and alot of the good size lakes in the monticello area do have open water on them!!! be very carefull!!!

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I did a run today to check conditions. Mohican and Highland are both frozen over but I did not go on the ice or have a drill with me. It doesn't appear that anyone has been out yet.

I drove past Superior, White Lake and Swinging Bridge and they all have plenty of open water still. Don't know if the coves might be OK or not but I don't go when there is open water any way.

I posted over on the Small Water/Sullivan thread and one of the guys said that Sports Nuts is telling everyone there is 8 inches everywhere. There is NOT 8 inches anywhere yet and you can take that to the bank!

Highland might be OK but I don't know if you can just park at the beach and go fishing from there without permission. Like I said, no sign of any activity out on the ice yet though.

Gary
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Evening Gentlemen!  Mike here from Carmel, NY.  FYI, saw a fisherman out on White Pond this morning.  Hard to believe the ice is safe but just wanted to pass this on.  Would be out there this weekend (with my mustang suit on) but gotta work.  Good luck to everyone this season!

thanks mike, see you soon

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I did a run today to check conditions. Mohican and Highland are both frozen over but I did not go on the ice or have a drill with me. It doesn't appear that anyone has been out yet.

I drove past Superior, White Lake and Swinging Bridge and they all have plenty of open water still. Don't know if the coves might be OK or not but I don't go when there is open water any way.

I posted over on the Small Water/Sullivan thread and one of the guys said that Sports Nuts is telling everyone there is 8 inches everywhere. There is NOT 8 inches anywhere yet and you can take that to the bank!

Highland might be OK but I don't know if you can just park at the beach and go fishing from there without permission. Like I said, no sign of any activity out on the ice yet though.

Gary
I tend to listen to fellow fishermen before "certain" bait shops. the fishermen are not looking for a profit!!!!!!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
looking to go saturday.
I know it will be a while, but did anybody check Harriman?

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
thanks mike, see you soon
Hope we get a shot on glenida this year!!!!!!!!

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
Checked Harriman yesterday and we still got awhile for it plenty of open water kanawlke looked the best but still thin
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
Harriman will get the thumbs up in February, maybe >:(. History says don't count on that place to fish!

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the info Hammer, and welcome back, nice to see ya !
  Thanx Topher....good to be back
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
anything frozen in westcheser?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Pooley, your pic you sent in got picked for the top ten, everyone go vote, its photo # 6   

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Pooley, your pic you sent in got picked for the top ten, everyone go vote, its photo # 6   
sweet!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
MORNINGSIDE HAS 6 1/2 INCHES AND A FAST GILL BITE ON WAXXIES ABOUT FIRST LIGHT TILL 10 THEN 3:30 TILL WELL AFTER DARK I HAD TO LEAVE AT 5   BUT NEVER THAT EARLY AGAIN. ITS A BLAST BUT ALOT OF THE ACTION IS SMALL ONLY KEPT 19   LET GO ABOUT 80-100

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
BC- I'm hopeful for Gleneida too!  Ice fishing it takes a bit of patience but well worth it.  Imagine if Kensico froze and the DEP would allow ice fishing?  Haha keep dreaming!  Hope you're well and lets plan to hit the ice this year.  We usually do day trips to Lake George or Otsego if you want to join us.

Take care- Mike

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
anyone knows if muscoot reservoir froze?

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Vote pic #6!

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
headed up to highland.  5 of us in all.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bad info from me!

In my last post I said I drove past Superior and saw open water. I was looking at Toronto Res. and not Superior. Sorry about that and my only excuse is I never fished Superior and just assumed that was it.

Hope you guys fishing Highland will let us know the ice conditions tonight and that you had a great day.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
BC- I'm hopeful for Gleneida too!  Ice fishing it takes a bit of patience but well worth it.  Imagine if Kensico froze and the DEP would allow ice fishing?  Haha keep dreaming!  Hope you're well and lets plan to hit the ice this year.  We usually do day trips to Lake George or Otsego if you want to join us.

Take care- Mike
with all the access and lakers in Kensico there would be 500 anglers there every weekend! I'm def. in for LG or Ostego, Just let me know, I can take off almost anytime.   Going up to Sullivan Co. on monday morn. pm me if interested............ .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.