New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095911 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
well, we got one heck of a cold snap going here now....the rain didn't hurt nearly as bad as I had originally thought...Joe you up for some fishing this weekend? I got jumbo perch and 14" crappies just waiting to be caught in a little pond not far from me...about 30 minutes from you...and a bar inbetween !  Pooley, all should be ok, worked some things out this past weekend....I will be more positive closer to the beginning of January !

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Guys, be sure to sign up for the IS tourney..... !!!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
well, we got one heck of a cold snap going here now....the rain didn't hurt nearly as bad as I had originally thought...Joe you up for some fishing this weekend? I got jumbo perch and 14" crappies just waiting to be caught in a little pond not far from me...about 30 minutes from you...and a bar inbetween !  Pooley, all should be ok, worked some things out this past weekend....I will be more positive closer to the beginning of January !
good to hear brother!!!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
hey there guys! i am in goshen and fish alot on morningside and lake superior, looking to see if anyone wants to get together. i am new on this site but think i have finally found a tread that seems to have some good guys on it. i fish alot, almost every other day. looking for people to share the time with. if anyone is interested me email is: [email protected]. i will need at least 3 days advace notice of a trip though, due to transportation issues. looks like i should be headin out thursday or friday, just want to let a few cold days get in after all that rain. email me and if ya wanna talk send a phone# and time to call...
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
Guys, be sure to sign up for the IS tourney..... !!!!!
how ya sign up and where is the tourny held???

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
click on this link :

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=159952.0;topicseen

all you have to do is follow the instructions.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
finally its gettin cold!!!!   just had the 1st plow truck go up the road. time to cover the ice!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
oooh i'm up fer it buddy.... ;) problem is fer 2 weeks i'm working 2 jobs a day...woodloche springs and school so no time off till xmas eve..then i got around 5 days off....i figure by sat some of our smaller waters should be safe.... :)

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
Pooley let me know when the first trip is I got a couple guys at work that are gonna come
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Pooley let me know when the first trip is I got a couple guys at work that are gonna come
soon Matt! we will let you know.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
This year we will have some armed guards against the russians
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i am plannin to be out on morningside on friday and maybe try to get on superior come saturday. has anyone been by there? any idea what the ice is up at superior?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
oooh i'm up fer it buddy.... ;) problem is fer 2 weeks i'm working 2 jobs a day...woodloche springs and school so no time off till xmas eve..then i got around 5 days off....i figure by sat some of our smaller waters should be safe.... :)

let me know....and keep me posted about Narrowsburg !  ;D

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
ok heres  a question for all.   during first ice and early season what is the adverage depth you fish on a lake? i mean do you perfer the deeper holes or the shollow bays or the drops inbetween???  i am going to get out this weekend but this is the earliest i have been out in a ong time and would like to know where others seem to find perch and crappies.

thanks     boss jigs

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ok heres  a question for all.   during first ice and early season what is the adverage depth you fish on a lake? i mean do you perfer the deeper holes or the shollow bays or the drops inbetween???  i am going to get out this weekend but this is the earliest i have been out in a ong time and would like to know where others seem to find perch and crappies.

thanks     boss jigs

find structure and weed edges.....its the best place to start looking IMO

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
find structure and weed edges.....its the best place to start looking IMO
ok so the structure i fish later in the season should be a good place to start then. thanks, just my back has been killing me and i am not even sure if i will be able to walk so i am trying to minimize the distance as much as possible. i think i am just gonna hit morningside on friday and try superior on satuday. thanks again and ill report what i see going on after my trips, if i can handle the walks!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
ok so the structure i fish later in the season should be a good place to start then. thanks, just my back has been killing me and i am not even sure if i will be able to walk so i am trying to minimize the distance as much as possible. i think i am just gonna hit morningside on friday and try superior on satuday. thanks again and ill report what i see going on after my trips, if i can handle the walks!!!
shallow, in the weeds, and drop off edges.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I found tonight that I will be fishing this weekend....2 local lakes both have 4.5 to 5 inches clear black ice !!!!!!!!  Here fishy fishy fishy !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I found tonight that I will be fishing this weekend....2 local lakes both have 4.5 to 5 inches clear black ice !!!!!!!!  Here fishy fishy fishy !
best of luck! please send pics!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll do my best !  One of the lakes we (TFB and the boys and I) fish quite extensively in the summer, and for that sake, I hope that there is a bluegill category in the tourney this year  ;) there are some in there close to 12" and I know where to find them :)

the other lake, I have open water bank fished 2 times and the crappies are like Huntington's and the perch are HUGE !

And now by saying that, I have jinxed myself into a royal skunking   >:(

Yeah, Right  ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
you'll do well i'm sure! have Cameron kiss your lure box!  ;D

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'll do my best !  One of the lakes we (TFB and the boys and I) fish quite extensively in the summer, and for that sake, I hope that there is a bluegill category in the tourney this year  ;) there are some in there close to 12" and I know where to find them :)

the other lake, I have open water bank fished 2 times and the crappies are like Huntington's and the perch are HUGE !

And now by saying that, I have jinxed myself into a royal skunking   >:(

Yeah, Right  ;)
I'm jealous!  I think we're about a week away, Good luck Chris.....

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just got off the phone with the DEC walton and round lake are open in orange and he said that most lakes in sullivan are real safe
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just got off the phone with the DEC walton and round lake are open in orange and he said that most lakes in sullivan are real safe

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let the fishing begin !!!!

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
We might hit highland on Sat. I'm done deer hunting for now in NJ or if the ice is safe in NJ we'll stay here
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Shawn
I'll be on Highland saturday also.  There should be two or three of us at least.  Let the flags fly.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
anyone checked huntington? ???

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone checked huntington? ???
i gotta pick my deer meat sat afternoon over that way...i'll stop and check...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i gotta pick my deer meat sat afternoon over that way...i'll stop and check...
let us know brother. chomping at he bit we are! ;D

Offline bronxbasser

• IceShanty Rookie

Great news! i took a ride up there today. Didn't do any drilling but everything looked locked up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.