New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095930 times)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I TRIED JIGGING OUT OF A 5 GALLON BUCKET THE OTHER NIGHT, TOPHER WAS RIGHT IT'S NOT AS FUN AS THE REAL THING!!!!!!!!!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU THINKING OF GOING? I"M CHOMPING AT THE BIT!!!!!!
BC, I'm waiting fror an invitation! lol,. the clam came today, looks tight but definitely allright. First time I seen a kenai.. sat in the frabill commando at ganders in monticello  but this should do great on Big pond.. this is where I might hit first unless a brother wants to split the cost of trying early ice way up near or in adk. I would gladly accept any invitations to a firemens lodge too!
lonelywolf lol

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
:wacko: not going near it tonite topher.. brown is down day tomorrow  :thumbsup: 
Got stuck tues. night working the Christmas tree lighting (3 cups of hot chocolate and crown royal=delish) might have to try it on the ice!!!!!!!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
BC, I'm waiting fror an invitation! lol,. the clam came today, looks tight but definitely allright. First time I seen a kenai.. sat in the frabill commando at ganders in monticello  but this should do great on Big pond.. this is where I might hit first unless a brother wants to split the cost of trying early ice way up near or in adk. I would gladly accept any invitations to a firemens lodge too!
lets see what the next couple of weeks bring, by the way I keep my boat on roundout over by yeagerville rd. by the  creek...........

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
lets see what the next couple of weeks bring, by the way I keep my boat on roundout over by yeagerville rd. by the  creek...........
i'll post a picture. i don't remember the name.
I have finally got around assembling my kenai.. it took me about 6:_) anyway, it went up pretty dang good without any problems.. the molding was basically the only part you really got to think it out in advance before popping into the materials.  the trap is now waiting for a test run!
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Where is everybody? another saturday night and I ain't got nobody,, i unboxed my shanty cause I just can't wait..oh how I dream of someone to post to,, i'm in a homely way ;D tank you betty much :-\  time to venture on over to the clam trap modifications board ;D
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Where is everybody? another saturday night and I ain't got nobody,, i unboxed my shanty cause I just can't wait..oh how I dream of someone to post to,, i'm in a homely way ;D tank you betty much :-\  time to venture on over to the clam trap modifications board ;D

remember to take it easy on the hardware, alot of people are saying that the bolts break easy.....we're here in spirit, I'm in the middle of prepping for a second Thanksgiving day dinner tomorrow :)

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
remember to take it easy on the hardware, alot of people are saying that the bolts break easy.....we're here in spirit, I'm in the middle of prepping for a second Thanksgiving day dinner tomorrow :)
I read you topher, chow down and put on another layer of fat for migration time to the north soon begins ! Now as a handyman, I think you might be right too about the4 plastic tube plugs for the poles. And not to mention , start to finish out of the box isn't for the not so handy. I found flaws with the two longest carriage screws that were actually too big for their locknuts that were packaged..I had to find me two lock washers and nuts in my garage and two extra beers before I got the seat togeather.. As for all the rest of the screw bolts , I knew to use the big head phillips bits, otherwise there be no doubt stripping the heads using a standard phillips head..but the molding instructions were lame in that you really had to look hrd in the poor  step7 illustration .. i figured it right before slowly sending those small screws around the front gunnel/ I'm happy with this thing. It might not come out everytime but, where I seen them way up north , definitely bring this with me.  enjoy your many  thanks givings!
lonelywolf lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i need to clear up the lodge post!
hockey12 and i met the owner of a fishing lodge at the outdoor show here in Suffern. we were impressed enough to think about a trip. i set up a trip with my local fishing buddies, and fellow firemen. we filled all but 2 spots at the lodge, and decided to invite the first 2 shanty members we fished with, topher and holehawg. i will give a full report of our trip, jan,21, 22, 23rd when i get back. here is the link.

http://www.adirondackchamplainguideservice.com/
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
hockey12 and i met the owner of a fishing lodge at the outdoor show here in Suffern. we were impressed enough to think about a trip. i set up a trip with my local fishing buddies, and fellow firemen. we filled all but 2 spots at the lodge, and decided to invite the first 2 shanty members we fished with, topher and holehawg. i will give a full report of our trip, jan,21, 22, 23rd when i get back. here is the link.

Glad you cleared that up pooley,   I am hoping my friend and I get up on early ice and it is looking like it could be before january !
lonelywolf lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
  Glad you cleared that up pooley,   I am hoping my friend and I get up on early ice and it is looking like it could be before january !
i realized i caused some problems with that. we do have a gathering that all are welcome to. i am hoping to have it on greenwood lake this year.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
i realized i caused some problems with that. we do have a gathering that all are welcome to. i am hoping to have it on greenwood lake this year.
Not a problem at all and no offense taken,  a greenwood lk or better yet seven lks is fine. maybe we get safe ice down here before long.
lonelywolf lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Not a problem at all and no offense taken,  a greenwood lk or better yet seven lks is fine. maybe we get safe ice down here before long.

we're hoping, after last year! ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
got some serious ice making weather up here lately...I may even be on the ice next weekend, I hope !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sounds good brother!!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Sounds like a good idea for Greenwood !

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Hey Bros... Still alive and kicking!  Driving the desk today.  Pooley, I got your invite and will attend as a day trip if I don't have to plow, so keep me in the loop!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Hey Bros... Still alive and kicking!  Driving the desk today.  Pooley, I got your invite and will attend as a day trip if I don't have to plow, so keep me in the loop!

you got it! we have another guy who will be praying for no snow!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
who is this fuller guy? I'm getting email replies from this thread suggesting to others or someone  other than me (I hope) communicating BS .. who was/is  Dfuller or timster ? Why am I reading responses to unfriendly suspects to this thread?  I joined fishshanty in hopes of meeting or communicating with friendly fishermen as it seemed. Now I have to ask what is all this bickering for with 2008 posters? Are these troublemakers  that I am unaware of? not a suspected newer alias for those old posts I see repeatedly everytime I revisit here?.. Just wierd noticing this cold friction against 2009 posters. Whatever you gents might be thinking, I have no clue who dfuller or timster is and wish to at least make you and your group aware of this. If there is a way to prove it with a moderator , whoever that may be here, I am now waiting for a reply. I do not care to bump heads with anybody on or offline..be it dfullers timsters etc. Just wishing everyone a safe and plentiful icefishing season. Lots of luck, appreciate some postive feedback too., John
HEY MT I WOULD'NT WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT IT, IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOAD OF BS OR JUST A MISTAKE, THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FRIENDLY SITE!!!!!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
exactly my point bc,  I just hope all along I'm not being mistaken for somebody else! All I want to do is find cool fishermen that appreciate what this is all about! Thought I just seen an old acquaintance jimmy claude! great guy where you at jimmy?  i'll bring the provisions! ;D

Hey MT.......don't ever confuse dfuller for timster....2 different people, dfuller at one time posted on the thread we were on before this whole SE BS thread started.....If I were you, I wouldn't even bother bringing it up, as you were not involved at all.

Topher7694

On a lighter note, it's good to hear from you jimmy and I look forward to seeing you on the lake this year !

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
that 5:30 breakfest is gonna be rough if theres any crown royal this trip.... ;)
Don't knbow about Crown,but Ill have a big bottle of Jack !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Timster is ok. dfuller is not!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think my Jets got their Butts WHOOPED tonite !    I'm gonna go cry.....

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I think my Jets got their Butts WHOOPED tonite !    I'm gonna go cry.....
you mean your not a steeler fan?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Don't knbow about Crown,but Ill have a big bottle of Jack !
i have a feeling i'll be sleeping under the dodge again... ;)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
my old ford finally died (223,000 miles) and just as I'm talking about buying another ford ranger, my father-inlaw gives me a 1 year old honda civic with 6,000 miles (he's a great guy-but all i want is another pick-up) how the heck am i going to fit all my junk in that thing

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
good to see you all still kickin... just stopped in, have to go to wrestling practice then a wake this PM. Catch you tomorrow!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Rodger, did you find anyone to go to Syracuse ice show with ya?

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Is there a set date for the gathering?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 doe tag #1 is filled...2 fer 3 so far...the deer gods are being kind to mr. holehawg this year... ;) ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.