New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095846 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I'd like to fish that tourney, but it all depends on when the overnight trip is. 

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that's a good idea...I need to get both NY and PA for this season...
me too...around 140.00 combined to fish both sides of the big ditch.... ;) ;D   a big happy birthday to yo....and happy thanksgiving to all ......... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yes, Happy turkey day to everyone.....YO Happy B-Day.....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
A good Thanksgiving to all my fellow I.S. members. Yo hope you have a great birthday.
Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
happy t-day all. Y-O left the firehouse happy! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY IS BUDDIES.......and GOD BLESS OUR MEN AND WOMEN PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, its starting to stay cold enough up this way.....only to be forecasted into the high 40's in the middle of the week....couple more weeks until the ice will be here and safe enough for me.....

How did you guys make out hunting this season?  Any luck ?

Holehawg...good luck this week at Camp..

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Well, its starting to stay cold enough up this way.....only to be forecasted into the high 40's in the middle of the week....couple more weeks until the ice will be here and safe enough for me.....

no deer here yet. i posted pictures of my tip-ups on that thread, and started one about the mods.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac

camp was great...had a bit too much fun sunday... ;) but lived...shot a 5 point opening day....down to filling my 2 doe tags this sat...gonna be eating good this winter.... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no deer here yet. i posted pictures of my tip-ups on that thread, and started one about the mods.

I like that idea pooley, I think I'll have to do mine if I get time before the season..

Congrats, Joe....and good luck Saturday !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good job Joe!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
good job Joe!!!
wasn't easy pooley  ;)2...was hung over and shaking from the night before festivities :sick: but we got it done....me and crown royal will never ring in the night before deer season again.... :blink: :wacko: :blink: also gotta say them new muck boots i just got are great are ...Arctic pros...really warm.. dry and comfy.... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pooley, what is the name of that spring bobber you were using last season? I remember you told me, but I forgot...

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Congratulations on the deer Holehawg. Do we have a date set for the overnight I want to put a request in to use the remainder of my vacation time.
 Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Pooley, what is the name of that spring bobber you were using last season? I remember you told me, but I forgot...
i'll post a picture. i don't remember the name.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have a couple of different ones...but was unable to find one that looked like yours.....I think I'll make do with what I have so far.....I'll keep looking though.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
BC, I'll be firing some kroc spoons  all along the roundout sometime later this week. I have two rb one by the handycap ramp, going to move that 12v  closer between trout rock and canon. The one jon boat there now has a huge cracked hull and not worth repairing.. I plan on carrying it out for alumium scrap ;D I'm  going to take the thruway up to ashokan res first and see what is happening at the weir, the esopus is probably still muddy but worth floating a few single eggs too. If the weather stays as good as the forecast later in the week, it should be good from shore at roundout too ;) good luck with you new flasher! I am thinking of getting a new one too
Hey mt! went to roundout sunday and got 1 brown 17in on a 3/8 silver castmaster,too windy for my jonboat,still have'nt tried my flasher-guess I'll wait for the ice, let me know if you need a hand carrying that rowboat up..........

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
BC, never made it up there after my last trip I posted here. Glad you at least spooned one  ;D That jon boat I'll yank out next year and scrap it. Going to move my v hull 12' from the handicap next year towards the fork too. I'm just hoping we get a steady blast of winter freeze without too much the whitestuff .patiently waiting for some SAFE early ice and likely try drilling it much further north. Perhaps we all can meet on some hardwater or even plan pooling some further north trips this season. I'm hoping to spend a few on canadagaro and maybe even oneida. I bought a new sonar too, the 5.6 showdown, pretty cool looking device , can't wait to try this thing out ;) Still waiting  for my kenai I ordered a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping to also get out on the ice more this season god willing! 
lonelywolf lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I have a couple of different ones...but was unable to find one that looked like yours.....I think I'll make do with what I have so far.....I'll keep looking though.
http://www.tackletheoutdoors.com/TackleStore/IceFishing/tabid/67/CategoryID/3/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/212/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2CProductName

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Buddy !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
just got off the phone with Pete at the lodge. he has ice already, and it should be safe by the weekend. deposit goes in the mail this afternoon. breakfast will be at 5:30 am, and dinner at 6:30 pm. ;D

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
What lodge???    How far North???

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
just got off the phone with Pete at the lodge. he has ice already, and it should be safe by the weekend. deposit goes in the mail this afternoon. breakfast will be at 5:30 am, and dinner at 6:30 pm. ;D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What are we bringing for lunch ?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac

beer....and i got alittle weber bq grill....we'll burn sumthing... ;) ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that 5:30 breakfest is gonna be rough if theres any crown royal this trip.... ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

we will be having a meeting at the firehouse to discuss it in a couple of weeks. i'll do it with you guys online if we can.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Alot of snow upstate , looks like the first real winter blast is going to stick around enough for safe ice. Still waiting for my kenai I ordered.. should get here anyday. Anybody interested in heading way up north pm me.
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that 5:30 breakfest is gonna be rough if theres any crown royal this trip.... ;)

Crown is not your friend Joe !

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 :wacko: not going near it tonite topher.. brown is down day tomorrow  :thumbsup: 

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Alot of snow upstate , looks like the first real winter blast is going to stick around enough for safe ice. Still waiting for my kenai I ordered.. should get here anyday. Anybody interested in heading way up north pm me.
WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU THINKING OF GOING? I"M CHOMPING AT THE BIT!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.