New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095800 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
finally seeing some sprinkles here now...figures, that as we are packing up to go camping  ::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Topher I hope your camping trip does not get rained out, but my area needs rain  lawn starting to turn brown. Local farmers irrigating their crops the high temperatures and heat earlier in the week took a toll on the lettuce crop.
  Everyone try to stay cool and may you all have good fishing.
 Steve

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
rain just means more time in the tent with tfb and some capt. and coke topher....lol...perhap s another little fishing partner will be made... ;) ;D have fun and good luck... :)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
it was the boys idea to go this weekend, being a Pirate themed weekend at the Yogi Bear Campground......gonna take the newest fishing buddy out in the creek to give her first lesson.....and to try out her life vest...I'll be sure to get lots of pics from Outside the tent... ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
been raining a little here so far. hope it rains all day! we need it bad!

have fun topher!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no rain to speak of here....rivers muddy so it must have rained hard up river.... :-\.....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we got rain sprinkles the first half of the day, but after that the weather was beautiful !  Add 2 more species to the Kastmaster Hall of Fame....smallmouth and ROCK BASS !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
nice topher!

not much rain here. that sucks!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we got some more rain this evening...not enough to help, but some is better than none !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hoping for more rain today!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we are wishing up here as well...but no rain yet.....gotta find an injun to do the rain dance I guess !

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
injin danced.... ;) ;D with beers... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
musta worked fairly well...we got a fair amount of rain up this way last night and today ! Thanks Buddy !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
rained most of the day here. we still need more!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
injin will dance with labatts again...send pooley flood water... ;) ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Up to our arm pits in Hippies  :P  :afro: in Mariaville... Camp Bisco music festival started today. Alot of  :callcops:  doin road blocks that we just drive through  8)
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
any smoke in the air mr. jimmy... ;) ;D fishing with the son law on sunday...big bass lake ;)....1 week til lake goerge vacation... :)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good to see jimmy is still kicking! things must have finally slowed down a little!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well at least hes working...not selling hot dogs following the dead heads on tour.... ;) ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
well at least hes working...not selling hot dogs following the dead heads on tour.... ;) ;D

I think hamburgers with magic mushrooms would be more profitable. Jimmy good to hear from you, liked your post in the what do you do for a living.
 Holehawg have a great time in Lake George . Next time you do the rain dance maybe try Rolling Rock (PA. produced) or Saranac (NY. produced ),using Labatts probably caused floods somewhere in Canada.
 Steve

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
gotta surport the motherland too steve...me grandma was a quebeck born canuck...lol...besides labatts is great... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
besides, those Canadians make a mean brew !

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
My public apology to Holehawg, Labbatts must do the trick for rain had a flood watch in my area (Orange county) on Monday evening .The rain was much needed could still use more my hometown (New Windsor) had issued a drought warning before this last storm.
  I'm in agreement with Holehawg and Topher Canadians do produce some good beer.

Joe during your Lake George trip you may want to visit site sponsor Fish 307, there also is a Colemen camping equipment store in one of the outlet malls on state route 9.
 Steve

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Hi Guys!!!   Hope you're all having a good Summer.  I'm kind of "Land-Locked" right now (transmission trouble with my Port side engine), but the crabbing (Blue Claws) has been spectacular.
I just read a post on the General forum about spending the night on the ice in portable shantys, and I'm "psyched".  I think we shoudl try planning a weekend campout on some lake with tents, etc.  If we plan it right, and far enough in advance, we should be able to get a good group together and have some real fun out there!   
Any comments....ideas where to go????  We could even make it a "contest" of sorts (first fish caught between 10PM and Midnight, first guy to fall asleep and drop his rod in the hole, ....you know, our sort of insane fun!!).
I'll check back in a couple of days........

IceBalls

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i be heading down yer way fer a sunday striper trip this  coming weekend.... i like that idea ya got roger...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hmmmmmmm!? ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
fishing..pooley...i'm fishing.... ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i like it roger!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
too dang hot and humid....enough already....start up oct. bow hunting...then gun...then freeze damn it.... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It will be here before you know it......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.