New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095801 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well i just got back from fallsburg tourney ...i hooked up with iceballs and his friend john...they caught a few.. i had no luck..i got there late .... :'(...didnt see tim or shawn or paul...were ya guys there ??????????? i'll post some pics once i get a beer and get my gear dried out...hitting highland tomorrow....a little pre scouting... ;) ;D

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
well i just got back from fallsburg tourney ...i hooked up with iceballs and his friend john...they caught a few.. i had no luck..i got there late .... :'(...didnt see tim or shawn or paul...were ya guys there ??????????? i'll post some pics once i get a beer and get my gear dried out...hitting highland tomorrow....a little pre scouting... ;) ;D
i want to ice fish tomorrow ..never been to highland or glenere or walton  aren't they all private community lks? interested in finding decent crappie/perch water
lonelywolf lol

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
On Google they call it Alta lake,We all know it as Echo lake.
It's this saturday from 7 am to 3 pm.
You turn off 42 by the old theater and follow the road about 2 miles and the lake is on the left.
Registration is on the far end of the lake as you drive in.
You can bring 4 wheelers ,they must be registered and ins. Don't forget your helmets the DEC will be there ::)

Hey timster,
Wish I had remembered your post earlier today, went for a ride to check some of the local lakes. Started with S. Fallsburg but couldn't find the right lake, a sign on Rt 42 would be nice. Went to morningside lake, 10 or 12 guys spread out all over but didn't talk to anybody, just watched them for a few
minutes with binoculars. Went over to White Lake and parked at the public launch, 4-5 guys on 4-wheelers, couple of shanties and a dog!!  Two guys
straight out in a large wooden shanty with a stove pipe out the wall and a TV satellite dish on the roof, anybody know what thats all about ??? ??? ???
If anybody is planing on fishing SWB and using the public launch on Starlight Rd forget about it, barricade across the entrance and yellow tape stretched
all across the front to keep you out. The parking lot is SOLID ice. If you were able to get in you'd never get out :(  Stopped at Sports Nuts in Rock
Hill on the way home and picked up a dozen medium bait, will just fish my home lake Sun.

Dan

HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
I didn't make Echo today had to work . A simple 1 hour job turned into a 3 hour pain in the a$$
job . Just what I wanted to do on a saturday .By the time I got done it was to late to take a ride to Echo.
Going to try a couple of local lakes Sundy afternoon .

Hey Joe have another beer and post your pics I'll have one or two or three while you post. :clap: :bow: :thumbsup: lol

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
still drinking /sorting gear tim...now have reach drunk.... ;) ;D....ya gonna hit highland lake tourney with us????????????

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fun day at Echo today ,it's been a long time since I've seen such nice specimens of crappie 2.2 lbs won and perch just under2 lbs and fat .Well run tournament!!!!
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that one crappie was huge.....mighty chilly day on echo...lol..

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey timster,
Wish I had remembered your post earlier today, went for a ride to check some of the local lakes. Started with S. Fallsburg but couldn't find the right lake, a sign on Rt 42 would be nice. Went to morningside lake, 10 or 12 guys spread out all over but didn't talk to anybody, just watched them for a few
minutes with binoculars. Went over to White Lake and parked at the public launch, 4-5 guys on 4-wheelers, couple of shanties and a dog!!  Two guys
straight out in a large wooden shanty with a stove pipe out the wall and a TV satellite dish on the roof, anybody know what thats all about ??? ??? ???
If anybody is planing on fishing SWB and using the public launch on Starlight Rd forget about it, barricade across the entrance and yellow tape stretched
all across the front to keep you out. The parking lot is SOLID ice. If you were able to get in you'd never get out :(  Stopped at Sports Nuts in Rock
Hill on the way home and picked up a dozen medium bait, will just fish my home lake Sun.

Dan     echo lake is found by going past homedepot in monticello ...stay striaght all the way to fallsburg town...take a left after the bank off of main st. ...go to were the road y's... bear left...you'll see the lake on ya right....the road down is un marked and on ya right...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Joe, you fishing Highland tomorrow ???  I got a half day release....gonna take advantage of it  ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sent ya pm...  i'm going to highland...leaving around 7 30 ish....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if ya want in topher meet me at the house by 7 ish.....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I could, but I don't have NY license yet.....and if I go, I gotta fish, TFB says so  ;)

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Yes I know what you mean Joe just got Grama and grandson to bed and it's grampa time at the
home bar/let me know when you guys are going to Highland, would love to meet up with you if we are not having a torny down here (burp) :o ;D
Gotta say the mountains aren't staying blue to long :roflmao: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that suks paul...i heard the story at the weigh in tent...didnt know it was youse guys...sounds like the other 2 had a bone to pick with ya and siced the dec on ya.....not very pro way of handling a incedent.... >:(

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
highland tourney is the 13th of feb.  we meet at the sand beach bar at 7;00 am ...20 bucks ...free beer ...dozen bait ..plus food....great time always.....tim.... ;D ;D ;D ;D topher and me have 2nd place finishes to defend/ better this year.... ;) ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
leaving for highland now... me and son in law are gonna give it a go....mighty cold out there.... :o

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
good luck  :thumbsup: :icefish:...I'm headed out soon as well.......and yes its a little chilly outside thie AM

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
I'm going west to Schenevus lake this Sat. with some friends... Any you guys ever fish it?  It' just off I-88

didn't make it to Schenevus... as most of the friends did not show  ???  Went to old stand by spot with JamieB  and made candles most of the day :)
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well a interesting day indeed at highland....started with me leaving home getting to yulan and relizing i didnt have my fishing lic. at home it was missing off my jump suit which means i lost it at the fallsburg contest .... ::) ...so i go to narrowsburg pay me 5 bucks for a replacement lic......then i get to highland late (9;00)..i drill holes / set tip ups...bang bang...2 flags...1st a 12 perch...2nd a 18 pick...then the rest of the day we play bump and run flags with no body coming up thru the hole...as i was picking up to head home i caught a dink pick ....the whole time this guy was hoping for a easy meal but he picked the wrong icefisherman....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well, you made out better than I did...1 perch jigging, no flags...left at 11:30...came home to work on the rest of the odds and ends of the honey do list.....Highland can't come soon enough now...well I can wait....Wednesday is coming ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yepper...your gonna be a poppy.... :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ps i didnt go to our spot...too windy..stayed in the cove ... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the cove where IceBalls fished last year?  I got an Idea where else to fish there...just depends on how many tip ups are gonna be used ;)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Joe;  Never made it out to Highland today....guess I just over-did it yesterday....couldn't force my self  out of bed when I saw ZERO degrees on thermometer.  Guess I didn't miss much based on your report.   Hoping to make it to the contest on the 13t, but got to find a place to stay (John's heading down to Florida so his house is out).  Anyone know of a convenient Motel near Highland??

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
iceballs doesnt the eldred preserve have rooms ???????????? topher i think we need many tipups...and bait... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
iceballs doesnt the eldred preserve have rooms ???????????? topher i think we need many tipups...and bait... ;) ;D

I hope so...and cleats...don't forget cleats... ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
oooh yeah ...highland is slick as can be ...10 inches..nothing on top...nice clear ice...cleat city... ;) ;D...will have to get the frozen pea bags ready for the day after.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
oooh yeah ...highland is slick as can be ...10 inches..nothing on top...nice clear ice...cleat city... ;) ;D...will have to get the frozen pea bags ready for the day after.... ;D ;D ;D

don't forget...the liquid painkillers too  ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
oooh yeah....cant wait to head into the bar.... ;) ;D

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
Information on Highland Lake contest on Feb. 13th. Anyone help with information regarding registration booth location, entry prices, times, and best access? And maybe some directions to the lake. Couple of buddies and i are coming from ellenville, ny way. Thanks guys!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Information on Highland Lake contest on Feb. 13th. Anyone help with information regarding registration booth location, entry prices, times, and best access? And maybe some directions to the lake. Couple of buddies and i are coming from ellenville, ny way. Thanks guys!
I do not want to miss this one! I'm interested in showing feb 13th! just pm or post the details regarding registration! I would also like a few pointers for the lk  like game species and hotspots /topo if available.. Can I check out this lk myself before the tourney date to get a feel for it or is it private? kind regards ,john
lonelywolf lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.