New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095965 times)

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Dan;
That was us with the fire and BBq , I don't know how long they stayed out I had to leave at 3 ,I promised my grandson I would take him sliegh riding (getting to old for that s#%$)
I was with the Blakesley clan,we will probaly be in the same spot for the contest. We have been in that spot for the contest for the last 5 years I've been going.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i'll set something up.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dan;
That was us with the fire and BBq , I don't know how long they stayed out I had to leave at 3 ,I promised my grandson I would take him sliegh riding (getting to old for that s#%$)
I was with the Blakesley clan,we will probaly be in the same spot for the contest. We have been in that spot for the contest for the last 5 years I've been going.

Hey Tim,

We know Jim, he lives two doors down from my daughter and son-in-law and kids, they share the same right-of-way to the lake. My wife and I went over to the kids house that evening about 6PM and
the lanterns were still out their but when we came home about 9:30 the lights were gone and the trucks were gone from the club house parking lot. Great day to be out tho. Probably see you in Feb
if not before.

Dan
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You and the Topher clan are welcome too...  may need help with HoleHawg's inebriated carcuss. ;)
carcuss ????????????? we have spell check mr. c..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I don't think that we would have to worry about moving his carcass......inebriate d or not :tipup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
twas a close one fellas...wifezilla tried to plan a trip down to long island to see her sis on the sat. of highland tourney...had us a good old fashion stand off over here.... :flex: :flex: :flex: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
glad to see you made it out of that one....you know how I am with directions.....where is that darn lake again? ::)

How bad are the lakes down that way Joe?   we lost 75% of the shorelines up by me......

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you can ride with me or follow ...your call...i'll be checking the ice on sat. maybe fishing in fallsburg with iceballs...river ice is almost gone...and the little ponds by my house took hard hits...need some deep freeze again... ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we are back to cold up here, but not planning on fishing til Highland, unless by some miracle, I pull another paint/carpet/baby stuff assembly job out of my butt by Friday nite or Sat nite for fishing this weekend....who knows ::)   rather be safe then sorry  ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
had the same problem all of jan.   work.... ::)....come on powerball.... ;) ;D ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
getting colder with wind and snow flurries...maybe..... :-\

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
We were hit hard, over 2" here
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Someone PM me the fallsburg contest info. Thanks Shawn
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
well, we have to check ice conditions across the area, so i can pick lake, and a date, like feb. 20th. ;)

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
agree, icefishing is what the focus is all about! :tipup:
lonelywolf lol

Offline nefarious

• IceShanty Rookie
Any ice reports for Sullivan county?

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Any ice reports for Sullivan county?
plenty safe ice, it is the border state and lower region 3 that needs a few nights to be safe/safer imo.. by weekend it is going to be sub zero too
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you can ride with me or follow ...your call...i'll be checking the ice on sat. maybe fishing in fallsburg with iceballs...river ice is almost gone...and the little ponds by my house took hard hits...need some deep freeze again... ::)

I'll follow...can't fit this year's gear in your truck with your gear, it barely fits in the back of the Ranger.. ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll follow...can't fit this year's gear in your truck with your gear, it barely fits in the back of the Ranger.. ::)
lol...lol...topher..youse has become a gear hawg....lmao...and so it shall be.... ::)... the dirty dodge and the danger ranger heading toward highland...what time ya wanna meet ??????????? still need breakfest stuff ???????????? ;) ;D and is the suffern gang coming up ?????????????

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
its gonna get bitter cold here this weekend.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
I'm going west to Schenevus lake this Sat. with some friends... Any you guys ever fish it?  It' just off I-88
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
It' real fun to say when your schnockered.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lol...lol...topher..youse has become a gear hawg....lmao...and so it shall be.... ::)... the dirty dodge and the danger ranger heading toward highland...what time ya wanna meet ??????????? still need breakfest stuff ???????????? ;) ;D and is the suffern gang coming up ?????????????

probably 5-530 ish....I'll have everything I need before I leave home....just hope my bait bucket can hold what I want to bring  ;)

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Is the lake Fallsburg Fire Department Ice Fishing thing this weekend on Echo Lake South Fallsburg is that lake called Alta Lake? & what RD is it on

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
I'll be there at the Highland Contest with about 3 to 5 guy's from NJ. We'll be staying at are hunting camp 2 miles away  ;D Fri to Mon because of the day off on Mon. Sun  do some fishing till 12 then it racing time BOY"S THE DATONA 500 the beer will be flowing

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hopefully we can have everyone meet up this year, hopefully pooley and the guys from down that way can come up as well

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
shawn ..ya gonna be fishing were ya were last time we missed ya at highland ???????????? jimmy c . springbobber ..that is quite the indian name...does it mean lake of the wind flag.... ;) ;D....topher i brought a new huge bait bucket all tricked out.... ;) we's covered this year... ;D... 5 ish sounds good...we need to get there early...i wannas sneak up on the fish's again.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Is the lake Fallsburg Fire Department Ice Fishing thing this weekend on Echo Lake South Fallsburg is that lake called Alta Lake? & what RD is it on

not sure shawn ....iceballs is gonna post something on this...i never fished it and would like to try to meet him there sat.  :-\

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
shawn ..ya gonna be fishing were ya were last time we missed ya at highland ???????????? jimmy c . springbobber ..that is quite the indian name...does it mean lake of the wind flag.... ;) ;D....topher i brought a new huge bait bucket all tricked out.... ;) we's covered this year... ;D... 5 ish sounds good...we need to get there early...i wannas sneak up on the fish's again.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

no problemo...5 it is....

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Shawn yes it is Alta lake on the maps (google, Yahoo).  I had the same problem.  If you go to the satelite view you will see a "road" that goes around the back side of the lake.  That is where the registration is.  If I remember correctly the road leading in is a little rough but too terribly bad. 

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.