New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095853 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Checked out the 8 qt rectangular at GM in Dickson City.....way too small....they have a pretty good selection of ice stuff out...picked up a couple jigs and such and looked around...got TFB into a 2 man sled for a rest...for 400 bucks, she said...ummm   too much :(

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gander in Middletown is slowly geting some stuff out. Just back from a wedding, one of the members of our firehouse got married. Me, YO, Pooley and Frankie had a great time. Hopefully we can recruit this guy to get on the ice this year!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
the local kids must not have been able to get toilet paper this year. pretty lame, and now the rain knocked most of it down. :-\ ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
tonight the brats here will try it...i'll be on the porch with the 30 rounder in the bushmaster....loc and load... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We don't have that problem up here, all the kids in town are either too young or don't care

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Holehawg, you going to the gunshow down in Middletown this weekend??

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
maybe sunday...you need something  topher ????????? i got friends in low places... ;)...if your looking for a deer rifle or just a great shooting gun folks give the howa 1500 a try....the one i  brought last week is now shooting under 3/4 groups at 100 yards...i cant believe this $475.00 gun  is that good...i'm gonna sell the others i got.. :o. well..maybe not yet... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No, I'm good...got a buddy from work going down...figured If you didn't know about it...I'd let ya know is all ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if your buddy finds something he wants......  but cash is tight let me know....i got some connections in scranton gander and 3 gun dealers in my hunting club.... ;D... bucks are starting to rut here...seen the biggest of this year sun afternoon...hes only a 8 point but hes got a heck'va rack.....i'll be bow hunting now... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Same with the rut up here.....every Monday night on the way home from the Bowling alley, I could have the biggest buck I ever got..with the Danger Ranger, as he sits about 5 ft off the road in the same spot in the same field as he has for the last 3 weeks

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That 8-pt. look anything like this??????

The only thing he is looking for right now is a 22-250, without a bull barrel, no single shot, no synthetic stock...other than that he isn't very picky ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
bigger...very wide ..with high points...we get some slammers over this way... ;D..... 22 -250 in a howa with a hogue stock with a scope 475.00 / 500.00 my buddy can have it shipped in 3 days.... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll let him know tomorrow...be in the time being, working on modding the sled to fit the auger....fun fun  ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Had a moment of boredom this evening...Checked the DEC site----1840 8-9" Browns stocked into Huntington this past May....so they gotta be in there somewhere :-\

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hopefully we can find them this year, although the smallmouths are fun also! I would like to find some of those crappie the Pooley and YO got into!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How are things going down that way??

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Had a moment of boredom this evening...Checked the DEC site----1840 8-9" Browns stocked into Huntington this past May....so they gotta be in there somewhere :-\
the old timers always told me to go for the trout  from where pooley caught all the crappies past the bar to the shallow bend by the firehouse...too deep ...too cold of temps where the gang set up out toward the middle.....thats the bar stool scoop... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm gonna have to go back into the archives of this BS thread to find that cheesy map I made this summer and refresh my memory ::)

There's a great article in one of the annual ice fishing magazines about fishing for stockies....gonna employ some of the ideas to see if they pan out ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i've had some luck on a local lake here. we can try some of those tactics.

T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yup. we'll get them. ;)

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Nice fish Chris !!!!!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Holehawg, I know it's a bit of a trip, but you ever golf at Rock Creek Golf Course off Lenoxville exit off 81?  15-17" crappies in the ponds....going to go seek permission to fish the ponds there...don't know about ice but at least open water

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nope... i never sliced a tee shot there... ;) ;D...my buddy shot a huge 8 point this  past weekend...we spent a day  driving around showing it off...will post pics of it soon....my dads goes under the knife tomorrow...real busy over this way... ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We're all pulling for youse guys...y'all are in our thoughts

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hope everything goes well for your dad joe!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we're with you joe!!!! keep us up to date! :(

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Keeping your dad and family in my prayers.

Also wanted to tell every one that if you have Time Warner cable you can watch the In-Fisherman Ice Guide Series on MSG+. The show is on Wednesdays at three pm.

Steve

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well pops is out of the operation and resting all doped up....they think they got all the cancer....been at arden hill hospital since 6 in the morning ...i gotta  get some shut eye...thanks guys for the up beat words...this crap has been draining....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.