Author Topic: Cover for Clam Kenai Thermal FYI  (Read 1074 times)

Offline HighFlyer

• IceShanty Rookie
Cover for Clam Kenai Thermal FYI
« on: Jan 15, 2018, 11:46 AM »
Bought a new Kenai Pro Thermal but no covers were available at the time and have had hard time locating one. Did some measurements and the Frabill model #6401 fits the Kenai perfectly. Dimensions are a bit different but with the stretch cord on hem it works great.

Ed

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cover for Clam Kenai Thermal FYI
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Great! I got the clam cover for mine but looking for something different. The clam cover is for the Kenai, nanook (2 man) and others. If I don’t bungee it down I’ll blow off in the back of my truck. It’s too big for the kenai.

Offline HighFlyer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2018, 01:53 PM »
Also nice is the Frabill cover has a zippered opening so you can load sled without taking cover off. The clam cover does not have this.

Ed

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:49 PM »
Great! I got the clam cover for mine but looking for something different. The clam cover is for the Kenai, nanook (2 man) and others. If I don’t bungee it down I’ll blow off in the back of my truck. It’s too big for the kenai.

sounds like you have/had a old style cover with just the elastic around it. this year the covers were redesigned and now not only have the elastic but they now have 2 or 3  straps that clip to the lip of the sled then you tighten them down. the part number for the new model that fits the Kenai is #112227 the old style part number was #109973. if the cover you had was for a nanook(#109207) then you got the wrong cover to start with.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2018, 12:33 AM »
I’ll have to look and see what part number cover I got. Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.