Author Topic: spray for inside flip over to cover the pin holes  (Read 2202 times)

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
spray for inside flip over to cover the pin holes
« on: Jan 13, 2018, 08:03 AM »
trying to find some kind of sealer for the inside of my flip :over to cover up all the pin holes any ideas  guys   BIGFISH    :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :clap: :clap:

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: spray for inside flip over to cover the pin holes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2018, 08:15 AM »
trying to find some kind of sealer for the inside of my flip :over to cover up all the pin holes any ideas  guys   BIGFISH    :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :clap: :clap:

http://clamoutdoors.com/pages/customer-support

Q: There are cracks on the inside finish of the fabric of my shelter. Is this normal? Can anything be done to fix this?

It is normal for some of the dark colored coating to come off the inside of the tent. Over time, as you set up and take down the shelter, the dark coating can begin to flake off, especially along the folds in the fabric when the shelter is collapsed. This does not affect the function of the fabric. If you feel that too much light is now entering your shelter in the places where some of the coating has come off, you may wish to apply a new layer of rubberized coating. A product you may use for this is PlastiDip (black), available in an aerosol spray. This is available at many hardware or home improvement stores.

there has been mention for the use of Flex Seal...
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:52 AM »
If you use the 'Flex-seal', use light coats, when I use it to do other things, it gets hard as a rock when it dries, the 'PlastikDip' would seem to be the better fix as it stays pliable
     after drying, again use light coats - Good Luck
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2018, 12:35 PM »
A fair observation, one of the guys up here used plast-dip and it made a massive mess, bled through the fabric and looked like hell.  Clam ended up sending him a new tent because he followed their instructions.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.