Author Topic: ATV flip rack  (Read 2363 times)

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
ATV flip rack
« on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:34 PM »
I’ve seen a few snowmobiles with a rear rack for hauling a one man flip. Anyone have the same setup for there ATV? Tired of bouncing my Kenai for miles towing it, would also be great in the back of the pickup.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
Re: ATV flip rack
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Don't think you can find the old pics now with that collapse. I'm sure it's been discussed.
Need the same deal here. Shouldn't be too hard for a 1 man. Work with what you have, off the existing rack, plus a third point on your hitch.

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:10 AM »
I haul my Clam one man with this... I just bungee it on and away I go.  https://www.amazon.com/Hitch-30110814-Black-Cargo-Carrier/dp/B00JKBSHAA  For some Quads the exhaust is an issue but it wasn't with my Polaris Sportsman.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:04 PM »
You could Google Shappell 199293.

I had one I gave to my neighbor they don't hold more then say 75 pounds and are worth less.. really
.  I only paid like $20 from the link below i think i bought last one.. so check ebay see if you can find one or make one similar?? I like the bumper mount cooler and rod holders.. some thing like those would be cool to make some thing similar for a snowmachine / atv..

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/shappell-atv-ice-shelter-rack?a=741671

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:37 PM »
I haul my Clam one man with this... I just bungee it on and away I go.  https://www.amazon.com/Hitch-30110814-Black-Cargo-Carrier/dp/B00JKBSHAA  For some Quads the exhaust is an issue but it wasn't with my Polaris Sportsman.

This looks good! Maybe add some removable mud flaps to keep the slop off the shack.

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2018, 01:08 PM »
This looks good! Maybe add some removable mud flaps to keep the slop of the shack.

I use the same one, only i built it with the bumper part on the ATV side since my shack was a little wider than the platform, so it hangs over on the back.

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2018, 11:44 AM »
I use the same one, only i built it with the bumper part on the ATV side since my shack was a little wider than the platform, so it hangs over on the back.

Mine works the way it is but that is a good idea....If I flip it around it would give the shack a little more clearance from the quad...Never thought of that, good catch..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.