The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: pathfinder  (Read 2137 times)

Offline CTWicefish

• IceShanty Rookie
pathfinder
« on: Dec 18, 2009, 12:06 PM »
is there any ice on pathfinder yet??

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: pathfinder
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2009, 12:43 PM »
Don

Offline CTWicefish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2009, 02:20 PM »
Thanks, I'll have to go check it out this weekend.

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2009, 03:01 PM »
8-10 inches of good ice as of yesterday.
I'd rather do it on the ice

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:08 PM »
down to about 6-8 inches in most of the spots I was at sunday, still pretty solid ice though and should be building back up again this week hopefully.
I'd rather do it on the ice

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Pathy Hawg Derby info is in the INfo Thread up top. Don  :tipup:   LT/MFF/Iceshanty Moderator :tipup:

Offline Reeldeal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2009, 07:25 AM »
down to about 6-8 inches in most of the spots I was at sunday, still pretty solid ice though and should be building back up again this week hopefully.

I see the ice isn't bad, how is the fishin been at pathy?

Offline bottomslimer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2009, 09:17 PM »
went to pathfinder sun. ice where I was at solid 12 in to 13. caught 4 trout in three hours. cant seem to find the eyes in this lake. :-\ :tipup:

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:59 AM »
went to pathfinder sun. ice where I was at solid 12 in to 13. caught 4 trout in three hours. cant seem to find the eyes in this lake. :-\ :tipup:
Glad to hear the ice is good,were gonna try it maybe this saturday at Pathy,if the wind isnt blowing.sounds like you did pretty well on the trout,Ive been fishing this lake for many years and I have found that the walleye are allways hard to find threw the ice.Thanks for the info on the ice
Randy

Offline Reeldeal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 25, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Went to pathfinder Wed afternoon for couple hours when the storm hit, it was brutal. Ice by the marina was 6" to 8" managed to catch a couple big bows.

Offline Squirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:16 AM »
Fished Pathfinder yesterday. Had a few bites and got one through the ice.  Nice bow, 21in.  The bite was slow.  We fished around the point from the Marina.  The ice was about 10-12" with snow on top.

Offline WYO.FRENCHCOMMANDO

• IceShanty Rookie
  • All Veterans deserve our utmost respect.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2010, 11:28 AM »
Fished Walleye Bay yesterday for about three hours and caught five rainbows(four were at least 18", good

and fat), and had about four other flags.  Ice is good, clear and about 16" in most places.  The road back was

pretty drifted.  Went back about seven miles from the main road, about six miles on the shoreline.  Looked to

be very little fishing activity recently.  The road going to Miracle Mile was in the best shape I've ever seen

it!!!!, not full of washboards and bumps.  It's funny, it seems like a long way to go to fish, but, I made it from

the gate of Kortes Dam to Casper in 50 minutes.

Offline bottomslimer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2010, 10:23 PM »
fished pathy today I fished a shallow flat spot hoping to find walleye no luck with them but did caught 6 trout . between 2 and 4 pounds. ice was 15 inches. nice day to be out. :tipup:

Offline Squirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2010, 08:12 AM »
Went out to Pathy on Sat.  We fished accross from Bishop Point in the shallows.  We did pretty well, iced 8 fish with 2 nice fat bows. Ice was about 14" where we were fishing. However, while coming back to Bishop point a tire on the 4-wheeler broke through the ice near the boat ramp. It looks like there is a spring near the boat ramp.  Just a remindar to eveyone to always be careful on the ice.

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2010, 11:31 AM »
we fished pathy sat also,went over to the bay right off the dike around the rocky point.had a dozen or so flags and lost 3 minnows but never did ice any fish.we figured it might have been some of those little stockers they put in there a few months back.we ended up at alcova sunday by the canyon boat ramp and did well there,nothing big but some nice pan fryer trout.It was a great day out
Randy

Offline Squirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2010, 01:47 PM »
Fishlord, how thick was the ice at Alcova? I think I might head out Sat morning but after this week of warm weather I am a little worried about the ice thinkness.  Have you fished black beach this year yet?

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Fishlord, how thick was the ice at Alcova? I think I might head out Sat morning but after this week of warm weather I am a little worried about the ice thinkness.  Have you fished black beach this year yet?
Right where we was by the canyon boat ramp was 6" to 8" of good solid ice.we was anywhere from 5' to 18' of water so we wasnt real far out from shore.Didnt fish blackbeech cuz there was alot of fishermen there all over it so I would guess it is good 6" or better there.one of my buddies fished it around newyears week and said it was a good 6" then and solid so I would say all good ice.we was just useing minnows just under the ice and did pretty good.
good luck
stay safe
Randy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.