The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Return From Fort Peck  (Read 581 times)

Offline thejiggerman

• IceShanty Rookie
Return From Fort Peck
« on: Jan 24, 2009, 09:24 PM »
  Well my son josh pretty well sums up the fort peck adventure. He caught a 12+# eye and 13+# eye. The pan sized eyes were my handy work. The fishing was good. The ice was good but very slick put some chains on your feet and your wheeler. I did manage to catch and release 20+# and a 16 + #northern and a lot of smaller northerns. As Josh stated our fingers were very sore from seven days of cold and all the fish teeth on the fingers they will take a few weeks to heal all the cracks. There is some open water between the H marker and peterson point. There is an Island there and between it and the bank the water is open we had to help a guy from billings out of it on Wednesday night just after Dark he was a little disoriented. Josh and I heard the commotion and new right away what was up and went to help retrieve him and his four wheeler as we were camped only about 200 yards from the point he got a little wet and was back to fishing the next morning Him and Clint got the water drained from the wheeler and it was running great. He sure could make some good stew that was our payment for helping him out. Our next adventure is to Oconto Wisconsin for some huge bluegill on a private lake. Will let you know how that goes

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Return From Fort Peck
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2009, 07:13 PM »
Great story jiggerman. Those are some stud fish you guys got into. Sound like a guy better know where he is going on Peck or you might be swimm'n

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.