The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice Fishing February 5th-8th  (Read 1145 times)

Offline LonnieS

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing February 5th-8th
« on: Jan 20, 2009, 09:57 AM »
My Dad, Uncle and I are planning an ice fising trip for February 5th-8th.  We all live out of state and we were originally planning on Glendo, the only lake we have ever ice fished in Wyoming before, but we are concerned that the ice won't be safe then.  Is there any lakes within 2 hours of Cheyenne that would likely have safe ice and possibly good fishing at this time.  I do realize a lot depends on the weather...

Thanks for any information,

Lonnie Snyder

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Fishing February 5th-8th
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2009, 08:03 PM »
What kind of fish are you after?

Offline ryaninwy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2009, 10:23 PM »
I was looking at the dates that you are going fishing and if you would drive a little farther than two hours, you could do the derby at pathfinder that weekend. The have hourly prizes for the largest fish and second largest fish and many other door prizes... who knows you may get lucky and win something.... Good luck...
This Icefishing obsession i have never melts away....

Offline LonnieS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:38 AM »
What kind of fish are you after?
Good question, we would prefer panfish(crappie, perch, gills) and walleye to trout.

Thanks,

Lonnie

Offline LonnieS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:45 AM »
I was looking at the dates that you are going fishing and if you would drive a little farther than two hours, you could do the derby at pathfinder that weekend. The have hourly prizes for the largest fish and second largest fish and many other door prizes... who knows you may get lucky and win something.... Good luck...

It is funny you mentioned this, I read about this tournament on another post yesterday and that thought crossed my mind.  Is there lodging near by?

Thanks,

Lonnie

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2009, 01:17 PM »
Not too many places around here with panfish. Granite has perch and trout. Pathfinder has trout and walleye. Yes there is plenty of lodging in Casper which is 30-45 miles from Pathfinder. Rock lake is near wheatland but the ice may be no good, it has walleye, bass, catfish, and panfish I believe. Where ever you choose, good luck!

Offline LonnieS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009, 01:46 PM »
Thanks so much for the response - still researching our options and I greatly appreciate the info.  I'm hoping that Wyoming gets the cold weather that is predicted starting tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Lonnie

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Not too many places around here with panfish. Granite has perch and trout. Pathfinder has trout and walleye. Yes there is plenty of lodging in Casper which is 30-45 miles from Pathfinder. Rock lake is near wheatland but the ice may be no good, it has walleye, bass, catfish, and panfish I believe. Where ever you choose, good luck!

No ice anywhere around Wheatland. Glendo needs some serious cold for a while to be safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.