The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Report on boysen...  (Read 1013 times)

Offline ryaninwy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Report on boysen...
« on: Jan 19, 2009, 10:02 PM »
A friend and I went to tough creek today expecting ice conditions to be bad but there is 16 inches of ice and showing no sign of melting. We fish from 7 this morning till about 4 this afternoon, and i would like to report that i got the fat goose egg for fish.... Zero.... Nothing.... First time ever skunked there.... Good luck for the derby....
This Icefishing obsession i have never melts away....

Offline Jikol

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Report on boysen...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009, 07:59 AM »
Same here.

Me and a buddy went down there Saturday and didn't get a single bite.  We fished right around the boat docks near the Dam.  The water was very clear and we could see the bottom at 18 fow.  We did see one large trout crusing the botom, but he had zero interest in our bait.

Dylan

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:01 AM »
Sounds familiar.  We also fished Tough Creek all day Saturday and Cottonwood south of the sisters on Sunday morning.  A total of 2 big rainbows and 2 perch between 4 people.  There was a group to the south of the point on Tough Creek that were catching a few, other than that it appeared nearly dead out there.  It sounds like the fishing was bad everywhere in the state over the weekend, at least the weather was nice!!

The ice on Boysen is thick (14-18") and very solid, there is no overflow.  The pressure ridges were not doing much either...

Offline trapper82601

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Tough creek has been horrible this year. I'm going sand mesa for the tourney. earlier this year On the south side I had good luck catching the over but couldn't find any undies , so was doing alot of tossing back ( before ice) Caught a few small eyes there as well on around the corner. It might be spooky on ice  :o Tourney time is just a couple days away, last year everyone ran out of minnows I have found a new guy out on Burma rd. just before you get to Missouri valley rd, so if they get scarce it looked like he was stocked up & underpriced.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:59 AM »
Tough creek has been horrible this year. I'm going sand mesa for the tourney. earlier this year On the south side I had good luck catching the over but couldn't find any undies , so was doing alot of tossing back ( before ice) Caught a few small eyes there as well on around the corner. It might be spooky on ice  :o Tourney time is just a couple days away, last year everyone ran out of minnows I have found a new guy out on Burma rd. just before you get to Missouri valley rd, so if they get scarce it looked like he was stocked up & underpriced.

If you guys get thirsty shout out on channel 7 or swing on over to Fremont and we can shoot the poop. Maybe trade some secrets.

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2009, 09:36 PM »
minnow guy and i fished boysen today caught two big trout and a dozen or so perch it was slow but the ice was fine where we were. south of tough creek

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.