The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wheatland #3 & Toltec  (Read 1012 times)

Offline thill

• IceShanty Rookie
Wheatland #3 & Toltec
« on: Jan 19, 2009, 08:34 PM »
Thinking about hitting these lakes superbowl weekend and was wondering if anyone has been to Wheatland #3 recently.  It has been a few winters since I have hit this lake and I haven't heard much about it.  Is the hotel is Bosley still around?

Any info is appreciated.
Thanks- tim

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wheatland #3 & Toltec
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009, 09:26 AM »
Thill I wouldn't even try no. 3 it is very low  :'( however toltec has some water in it. The fishing is so so kinda hit and miss. They are not very aggressive at all, so if your not watching your jig you will not feel a bite. Then you pull up your jig and your bait is gone.

Offline thill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2009, 12:46 PM »
Bummer about #3, I haven't fished it in a couple of winters.    I've had some amazing days on the lake/ice in the past.   But I can't even find anyone whom has fished it in the last 2 years.  Have you or do you know of anyone whom has hit it in the last 6-8 months?

Offline MountainMan

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Fish Painter
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2009, 03:18 PM »
As Big Al said, my dad mentioned Toltec has been sketchy.

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009, 05:56 PM »
No it would not be really worth fishing. It would be like going to a parking lot at a superstore after it rained ant trying to fish. there is no longer one lake it is so low that it is two to three lakes. If you have google earth search wheatland res. no 3 and look at how low it is. It would be my guess that the fish in there have been winter killed. don't quote me on that but that would be best guess. If it were me personally I would just go to Toltec. that would be your best bet.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2009, 06:14 PM »
FWIW. Wheatland #1 (little res) is completely open. Bring a boat if you want to fish that one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.