The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Big Sandy Report  (Read 572 times)

Offline FeatherBender

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Team Wyoming
Big Sandy Report
« on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:24 PM »
My brother and I were on Big Sandy Res. Saturday evening from about 3:30-9:00pm. We set up just north (?) of the point along some stepped ledges on the east shore.  Ice conditions were good...14" of solid ice with a crusted slush layer 3-4" thick.  Fished in the tent 8-10 fow...had a tip-up about the same depth but 20yds north...and tried some previously opened holes in deeper water out to 30 fow.  NOTHING ALL EVENING....no interest at all.  Three fishermen about 50yds south of us pulled up 4 ling within 45min just after dark...then it went dead for them, too.  One of those fishermen had talked to two guys further out along the ridge of the point fishing in 30+ fow who had a half-dozen ling around 5lbs each, but I can't confirm that.  Seemed that most people were fishing the same ridge, some were right at the spillway, one group was along the west shore. 

I had to sacarifice the batt's in my walkie for the flashlight :embarassed:...was anyone from the shanty there.  WyomingIce, how'd you fare...did you get the 5lbers?  At least it was a beautiful January day!

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
Re: Big Sandy Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009, 09:37 PM »
what route did you end up taking down there, FB?

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009, 09:41 PM »
and you didn't miss anything on jax today;  i caught 0, too

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 10:28 PM »
 Featherbender, I didn't get over there until this afternoon. I had pretty much the same results as you guys did. I had two bites on my outside poles just before dark. Didn't really mark any fish today at all. There were a lot of people out there today. I didn't talk to anyone, so I don't know how anyone did. I think that it was slow for everyone that was around me. I didn't see a fish landed all day.
 Sorry for not responding to your post from the other day. I got home from Fontenelle late last night and didn't see it.  :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.