The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pike in Hauser  (Read 7291 times)

Offline bobby1772

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pike in Hauser
« Reply #60 on: Jan 17, 2014, 04:55 PM »
Quote from: FirstCastFly on Today at 10:32 AM
Kill em all, before they get lower in the Missouri system and ruin the best trout fishing in North America!!!

They're already there...

Yes they r!!!!! I wouldnt mind being able 2 catch them on a regular basis either. Don't get me wrong fighting a speckled belly carp on a flyrod is fun. But fighting a pike on 1 is way more intense, especially when they hit the fly. N I've caught some big land locked steel head. biggest trout on a flyrod is 12+lbs. I think the upper Missouri River chain is big enough 2 hold many different species of fish even the pike. As u can see there r already in there not many but there is a few. I just hate it when people say that eat everything in the lake. U don't think A big rainbow, brown, or ling don't eat everything that comes along even each other.

Lower in the Missouri what r u talking about there in the river by great falls already as well. U must be talking about the stretch from the dam down 2 Craig o ya what wonderful prize trout n yuppyvil that is!
they are between craig and the dam also I don't know anywhere they are not at in the river haha

Offline Fishingbudd

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pike in Hauser
« Reply #61 on: Feb 11, 2014, 07:25 PM »

This water wolf was caught below hauser dam last year.
     ?? what side? that's one of the only spots I fish around during the summer if I don't have gas to go for pike on another lake?? ive fished down there so many times last year caught walleye ling and too many trout to count and yet never hooked into a pike must not be many I hope soon there will be nothing like catching a pike, there too fun. HMMmm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.