The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Gangsta Perch 4 - Northern Exposure  (Read 1487 times)

Offline yoteslayer31

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gangsta Perch 4 - Northern Exposure
« on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:33 AM »
Happy New Year to all!

Enjoy the video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdjRpMQWIc0
v/r
Bill

Offline dumpld1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The world is my Ice House
Re: Gangsta Perch 4 - Northern Exposure
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Much prefer the fishy action.  ::) Can see people all time.  ;D Seen them all this is my most favorite, keep it fishy

Offline ci2019

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:17 PM »
Lol. I get excited to see a new gangsta post. Keep it up!

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:56 PM »
OUt of curiosity how did you edit the fast forward at the beginning of the vid?
So many fish, so little time.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2013, 12:58 PM »
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2013, 01:55 PM »
OUt of curiosity how did you edit the fast forward at the beginning of the vid?

Looks like it was on time laps photography.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Bullelk34

« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2013, 02:06 PM »
Dang yote- yet another great video!

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2013, 03:43 PM »
was that a sucker at the beginning?

Offline dumpld1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The world is my Ice House
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2013, 03:47 PM »
The crawfish or the guys. ;D

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2013, 03:48 PM »
haha ok so you sped up the timing haha got it :) what camera do you have? and how much was your recorder?

Offline yoteslayer31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2013, 04:23 PM »
haha ok so you sped up the timing haha got it :) what camera do you have? and how much was your recorder?

Heine, I have been getting a ton of questions on equipment and "how to".  So here is a list of equipment I bring to make the Gangsta series.

1. Vexlair FS-1000 (Underwater Camera)  I just got this for Xmas from the wife.  It is not HD but works for me.  I am not getting paid for this stuff.  It is just my hobby.

2. Canon T2i (HD video and photos for Time Lapse)  I bought this on sale at Sams Club a few years back to go to Disney World with.  I take photos and do some HD video with it. 

3. GoPro Hero2 (Some Underwater footage and Time Lapse Landscapes)  We sometimes bring out two of these.  These are abour $250 but well worth it.  I am not joking when I say these cameras have been dropped from the limits of space and survived the landing.

4. Elgato Video Capture (This is how I capture from FS-1000 video out to the Laptop I bring)  I bought this a few months back to capture some old family VCR tapes.  Works great for the FS-1000.  It is about 75 bucks online.

5. Mac Book Pro (This what I capture all FS-1000 footage on and edit all movies on.  Makes editing a breeze.)  I bought this laptop about two years ago during my motorcycle trip to Alaska and was the main way to make that series of videos.  I am looking for a better way to keep my laptop charging while Fishing.  This is the first thing that goes out as far as batteries go.  Since working on the Gangsta Series I have only been able to capture about half of my time with the camera in the water.  During the filming of Gangsta 2 we caught over 100 perch and I was only able to capture about 40 of those and about 30 made it into the video.

6. I edit all my movies on iMovie on my Laptop.  Easy work for cutting footage together.  (This software comes standard on any Mac product.     

If you are thinking about getting into filming and making movies there are million different ways to make quality movies.  You can spend thousands or you can spend a little and make good stuff.  The most important thing is to take time in the editing room and tell a story (Sunrise & Sunset).  Most of you reading this can make quality movies with Window's Movie Maker on your computer.

None of the Gangsta Series would be possible without the FS-1000.  These cameras are bulky and a pain in the butt to setup/lug around.  My first time out was a disaster with it and I was kinda regretting getting it.  Don't get frustrated.  I have been working on movies for about 10 years and it all takes time.  As far as fishing goes, the fish camera is the single most important thing I bring out.  The benefits of fishing with a camera far out way the hassle of lugging one around.  Our fishing numbers have expediently increased.  It shows you what works and what does not.  What makes a fish trigger and what does not.  What pole to jig in front of the fish etc...

I hope this helps!

Yoteslayer31 (Bill) 
v/r
Bill

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2013, 05:10 PM »
THanks fot the in-depth reply. I also use a GOPro Hero black and edit using I-photo. See my video titled early ice on the WY general section.

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2013, 05:22 PM »
You know why I love these movies so much? Because they are two to three minutes long and have more fishing in them than an entire half hour fishing show on the TV at the gym (I have not ever owned a TV).

Seriously those shows have fishing video that is certainly no higher quality than these and sometimes much lower quality and they are 10 minutes of talking about some sponsors gear, 10 minutes of commercials, 5 minutes of showing something useless like how they tie their knots or cook their mother's duck recipe, 1 or 2 minutes of fishing, and 3 or 4 minutes of credits.

This is so much more fun to watch especially being able to see how the fish strike, miss, react to jigging etc. Keep up the good work and if you ever start your own show do it online and don't have commercials or do long sponsor spots :)

Offline yoteslayer31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2013, 05:45 PM »
You know why I love these movies so much? Because they are two to three minutes long and have more fishing in them than an entire half hour fishing show on the TV at the gym (I have not ever owned a TV).

Seriously those shows have fishing video that is certainly no higher quality than these and sometimes much lower quality and they are 10 minutes of talking about some sponsors gear, 10 minutes of commercials, 5 minutes of showing something useless like how they tie their knots or cook their mother's duck recipe, 1 or 2 minutes of fishing, and 3 or 4 minutes of credits.

This is so much more fun to watch especially being able to see how the fish strike, miss, react to jigging etc. Keep up the good work and if you ever start your own show do it online and don't have commercials or do long sponsor spots :)

Cornbread,  Thanks so much!  I can't stand watching hunting and fishing shows with all the talk and no action.  Now all I need is some help finding some Walleye Action!!!
v/r
Bill

Offline Ice Junkie_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:08 AM »
Well done I have seen them all and all are well worth watching!! Keep it up!!
Worst day of fishin I ever had was still damn good!

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:34 AM »
Cornbread,  Thanks so much!  I can't stand watching hunting and fishing shows with all the talk and no action.  Now all I need is some help finding some Walleye Action!!!

You should get with Jay or one of the other guys fishing Nelson and see if they can put you in to some walleye and pike action. I'm afraid the walleye is not my specialty, the only time I have caught them recently is with my kids trying to catch suckers for pike bait on the Clark Fork reservoirs in the summer.

Offline yoteslayer31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2013, 01:13 PM »
You should get with Jay or one of the other guys fishing Nelson and see if they can put you in to some walleye and pike action. I'm afraid the walleye is not my specialty, the only time I have caught them recently is with my kids trying to catch suckers for pike bait on the Clark Fork reservoirs in the summer.

Will do!  Thanks for the advice. 

Bill
v/r
Bill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.