The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Toston Dam  (Read 3820 times)

Offline RobG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Toston Dam
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2012, 05:27 PM »
Ski lessons for the kids on Saturday.  All I need is a mini-van for the transformation to be complete.

Offline MT Fysherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2012, 09:41 AM »
Mini-vans can be good fishing mobiles. Lots of room for ice huts, augers, etc...Have fun with the kids! :-)

Offline Kito

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:55 AM »
I went on a hunt yesterday trying to find a pike.  No LUCK!  Fished in about 3FOW.  I used some suckers that I bought from wholesale sports.  If a guy could only use some live bait I think you could really catch some pike.

Offline diertae

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pinche Pescadooo!!!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:54 PM »
If Toston dam were a man I would punch him in the smelt! Three separate trips  there and not a flag, not a bump. I need a life coach! Next step involves explosives and whisky

Molon Labe

Offline diertae

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pinche Pescadooo!!!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:07 AM »
Last night was the last try for the year, headed back to work for a while :'(. If anyone fishes it please post, there has to be a trick to it. I will be monitoring this link on a daily basis out of spite >:(. Good luck boys

P.S. The ice is good, 10" clear off the campground, fished in 3-8' FOW smelt on tipups, slammer with a flashy jig and maggots for browns.

Molon Labe

Offline baltimoremountainman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 21, 2012, 11:59 AM »

I'm glad others feel my frustration with this fishery.
Fished there about 25 times last summer, above and below the dam and only hooked one pretty large pike. I saw the take, which was really exciting..other than that nothing...Not sure i want to continue to torture myself this winter...any luck out there lately?
There is no greater burden than a great potential.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.