Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1626554 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13320 on: Sep 08, 2018, 09:11 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 56* on the Hill this am, high of 65 today!    :thumbsup:

H2...nice job on those walleyes again, racking up those double digit days, awesome!   :clap: :bow:
   Jeff...glad you had the extra help needed getting that door moved, bet that sure fealt good getting it back in place!  :clap:   Had a late delivery on the new spec mix mortar yesterday, it arrived about 1pm lol. We did however mix a test batch and got the layout completed on one side of the wall. Crossing fingers they don't change their minds come Monday on the color... :roflmao:
  Tom...very good suggestion on the anise oil, easily found in stores as well. Like Jeff mentioned, that's part of my secret sauce for lures as well as some fish oil.....hmmm, we might be on to something here!   ;D
  I-45...no thanks necessary, best of luck in your new job search!   :bow:
  Marv...your guide friend has made a lot of happy customers this week, amazed at how many bears must be on that property with so many shooter bears taken!  Hope the new crib sees a few visitors soon!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...theres definetly a ton of info out there on the Ontario salmon fishing. I've fished with several charters up there over the years, Ernie Lantiegne, Fish Doctor charters the most. He is a very good friend of one of my hunting/fishing partners, probably the smartest fishermen I've ever fished with, former NYS fisheries biologist. Ace charters was another, their site has some very good reading material...best of luck and success with your homework assignment...wish I could get in that class right now!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...it makes one wonder why such petty things as you mentioned with that school, snowball into such rediculous wastes of time and delays. Restoring or adding on to a historic building, understandable.

Weather guessers saying we might dip down into the 40's this evening... :clap:
  Spending time with the grandchildren today and getting the lawn chores taken care of on the planner.
Have a great weekend everyone! 

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13321 on: Sep 08, 2018, 09:42 AM »
First coat of varnish going on the desk top today. It probably be a slow process getting three coats on as the garage has cooled down long with the out side weather.

IW When I asked for anise oil at the pharmacy they thought I was going to use it for fishing. I never have tried it.

During the 4 years I worked for the one company I had a job that had a walk out basement. It had a big deck to be build over the walk out and around one side of the house. There was a 9 foot window on the main floor that was scheduled to be replaced with a 9 foot patio door made with 3 doors, The center one swung. The idiot boss told me I was going to install the door 8 foot in the air before I built the deck. I can not type what I told him as I would get banned for life from IS. It was all three of us could do to get it off the truck onto the deck.  I took the center door off and rolled it on pieces of pvc to get it where it needed to go. A few days after I got it set the swinging door warped so bad it would not shut.

On another job the business owner showed up as I was installing a number of sliders in an addition to a cottage. He got  all bent out of shape as he did not see a level. I had to educate him to the fact that sliders need to be set square to operate correctly not necessarily plumb. They were measured diagonally so they were square so a level was not needed. If the floor was not level using a level would make them out of square. Trying to shim up the bottom of the frame leads to big problems later on. The way the company wanted the roof on the addition built was another fiasco.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13322 on: Sep 08, 2018, 11:15 AM »
Good afternoon everyone!

I took a walk to the new crib this morning and still no hits. Wednesday the hound hunters get to start chasing bear so I hope I get some action before then. Once the dogs start the bears get pretty scarce.

Eddie the guide I know takes in thousands of acres. He seems to do very well every year.

TT made a run to town this morning and picked up so oil. I will hang some of that out today.

If the walls start closing in later I will probably hit the stand tonight. The guide said let the cameras tell you when to hunt but it's hard to do.

Hope you all have an excellent Saturday! Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13323 on: Sep 08, 2018, 05:58 PM »
Good evening , big change in the weather highs only in the upper sixties today with a breeze and low humidity and periods of rain. My sister and BIL were up for a few hours this morning did a little work at the house then went to lunch at local rib/barbeque place . Celebrating both of their birthdays .
Whopper Stopper nice you have a friend who guides to ask for advice on your hunt. Interesting that WI. does not allow barrels for bait . May the bears find your new bait crib and you get a shot at a nice boar.
Tom Turkey interesting about the anise oil being a bear attractant only heard of some folks using it to treat fishing lures. What species of wood did you choose for new desk top  will it have a live edge.
Hunts2long congratulations on all the fish. When the bite is that good during morning hours hard to go home early. I'm sure you neighbors will enjoy the fresh walleye.
Icefisher-45 may you be able to wade through all the paperwork,etc. with legal help and get disability benefits.
Ice Wanderer that is one heavy door glad your neighbor could help with the installation. Good thing yo had the straps to make job easier. Now you can start preparing for your trip.
Eddie shared your work place troubles with my sister and BIL they both were surprised at all you had to go through to build the wall. Sure you a nice day with the grand kids.
Wallyworld think I may have mentioned this before watched a program once where host was fishing near power plant warm water discharge for trout on one of the great lakes . Guessing the warmer water attracts bait fish trout come into feed then head back to preferred cooler water.

A safe and good evening to all.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13324 on: Sep 08, 2018, 09:54 PM »
Evening all, forecast here is upper 80's and into 90's the next 10 days.  Evenings have that touch of fall in the air, but looks like summer is going to hang on for a while.  I keep getting my schedule changed from one day to the next.  Having to do closing shifts for the most part, as there is where they seem to lack anyone to cover the registers.  Mrs eye surgery Monday, so will be the nurse that day.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13325 on: Sep 09, 2018, 04:30 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 45* and clear here on my hill, cooler weather sure has arrived. I actually put on long pants yesterday,  the first time since My birthad
                      dinner with friends. ::)
                             Steve........Even though the door was is I spent yesterday replacing deck boards that I took up and replacing siding and trim around the door.
                      It took most of the day. :%$#!: Working by myself sure has drawbacks. :blink: Today is prep day for my trip tomorrow.  :thumbsup:
                             Eddie........Oh, I'm sure somewhere there will some changes, the higher ups are never done  trying to out do the other higher up. :woot:
                             Marv.........Good luck in the stand today. :thumbsup:
                             Tom.........You sure had your share of problems in you time, I can believe the boss wanted the door set before you got the deck up, that's
                      how accidents happen. :cookoo:
                             Bud.........Best wishes to your wife for her surgery tomorrow. :thumbsup:
                             I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13326 on: Sep 09, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  46* and partly cloudy skies this am, high of 60 today!  :clap: Looks like some rain moving in for tomorrow but still cool, then back up around 80 Tuesday. Got a taste of the Fall weather anyway.... :thumbsup:

Jeff...glad you got the door and deck complete now...good things take time right?  :thumbsup:  Wishing you safe travels and a great vacation! Best of luck with the fishing, hope Mr.C put some luck on that rod!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Bud...best wishes sent to your wife with the eye surgery tomorrow, hope everything goes well!  :thumbsup:  Kind of sounds like they need to train more cashiers and spread the closing shift around.
  Steve...hope you had a nice visit with your sister and BIL, Happy be-lated birthday to them both!  How were the ribs?  :thumbsup:
  Marv..thanks for the info on the guide. I figured he probably had exclusive rights to a huge area of property. Best of luck with the new scent, hope today is the day if you're on stand!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...how's that desk top looking?  Thanks for the heads up on the slider doors, never did hang them before but fought with a few over the years, lol.   :thumbsup:

Caught up on all my yard work yesterday for the most part, will be pulling pretty much whats left of my garden out today.
  Had my grandson as a helper for most of the day, enjoyed that and it kept him off the video games and out in the fresh air for awhile.   :thumbsup:
  Starting to get anxious about a trip up to the Salmon River in the next few weeks. With a little luck, some of Drifter's weather will move down soon and get those salmon running.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13327 on: Sep 09, 2018, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....best wishes to MrsIFF on tomorrow's surgery  :)  hope your schedule becomes more "permanent" as time goes by  :-\

IW....safe travels, have a great vacation  ;)  I hear reeling in big fish is great therapy for bum shoulders  :woot:

WS.....hope you get that shot before Wednesday's dog show   :flex:  hope the weather is co-operating and the bugs aren't too bad   ;)2

Eddie.....glad you had a good day with your grandson, bet he had a blast helping Grandpa outside  :thumbsup:  a few more cool nights like this & those salmon will start showing up in the river  @)

MrC.....happy belated birthday wishes to your sister & b-i-l   :clap:  yes the warm water discharge does attract the browns in the spring  ;)2

H2L....glad you had another great day on the water  :bow:  good luck on the alley tonight  ;)

We were supposed to be heading to Erie today for a charter walleye trip tomorrow, but Gordon put the kebash to that, stupid weather   :%$#!:  the charter is now scheduled for Thursday....hope Florence doesn't get that cancelled too  ::)  we're taking MrWW's mom & uncle, they both love to fish but our boat isn't big enough to get them out there  :(  Friday we're heading to MA for the weekend, this week will be busy making sure everything's caught up before we leave Wednesday afternoon  :wacko:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13328 on: Sep 09, 2018, 07:03 AM »
Got down to 51* overnight.

As most of you know the lake is very low for this time of year. All I have left out front is the river and some pools of water. This morning when I got up there were 7, SEVEN, eagles out on one of the rock piles. One of the young ones had a fish and I guess he wasn't going to share. Eddie, as I watched I thought of you, up on the Salmon River with about a 25 pounder on and headed down stream.

The Fall fishing contest was yesterday. I didn't fish it but my cousin won 2nd place with a 22 3/8" walleye. He was beat out by a 23 1/8" walleye. The guy that caught that also had the biggest pike, just over 40 inches. They were fishing for pike and it was the only walleye he caught all day. Ran into a guy who had heard that I have been catching some fish and he asked my why I wasn't fishing. I told him " I would rather be good, than lucky." The GSLFF was asking if anyone would be interested in a Mid July bass only contest. Five fish by weight. I am sure there would be a lot who would fish it, but not many that would be able to keep fish alive all day to be able to release them. Maybe some of the hard core bassfishing people but no way could I keep bass all day and have them five with the summer temps. What would the eagles have to eat?

Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13329 on: Sep 09, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Sorry easterners but Michigan decided to let you have all of what is left of Gordon. We did not get any rain from him. By my wind map it looks like that hurricane is still way out in the Atlantic east of Florida. Most of the great lakes have some pretty high east winds.

IFF If it is cataract surgery your wife is having, it was a piece of cake when I had mine done. It only took a few minutes. You just have to be careful for a few days. The hardest part is remembering where I left my reading glasses the last time I used them. Reading glasses can be bough tat the dollar store but I get mine at my pharmacy as they are  of better quality. no nee to spend the big $$ from the eye doctor. I wore glasses full time from 16 to 70 year old. I now only need them for reading.

WS I hope no dog hunters know that you have a bait station there. In Michigan they are prone to run bears off of bait piles especially on public land. Hopefully the bears pick up the scent of the oil and find the goodies. Bait hunters get an early break before the dog hunters here too.

Eddie I got the first coat of poly over the stain yesterday. A light sanding today followed by two more coats of finish. I bought a panel of glued together strips of pine to make the top out of. It stained out pretty decent without any strip going too dark with the stain. I put a short back splash on it as it is going to set out away from the wall to allow for the wires going to the small tv that is going on the wall above it.

I do not see much of my two grand kids any more as they are grown up. The grand daughter is married. She got involved in buying a condemed house It was a mess inside. Nowshe hs found out that the bad wall in the basement will have to come out and be replaces as is is to bad to be reinforced.

The grandson is living/working in MN. He is in the Iowa National Guard from when he was in college in Iowa. His dad told me last night that he is going to sargents school so it sounds like he must be staying in. I think that his original enlistment is about over. 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13330 on: Sep 09, 2018, 09:57 AM »
Tom they will be replacing her len's one eye at a time, with artificial ones,  bout month apart.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13331 on: Sep 09, 2018, 10:19 AM »
Good day ,windy and cloudy skies here guessing my area is seeing leading edge of storm Wallyworld mentioned in her post. Thank you all for the belated birthday wishes for my sister and BIL. My Bil's birthday is this Thursday  sister's was back on Sept. 2 ND .
IFF all the best with your wife's surgery and recovery. May your hours become stabilized as you get closer to opening date.
Ice Wanderer safe travels have a great trip may the surf rod preform well if you hook into any fish.
Eddie no ribs for anyone in my group, brisket,pulled pork and a burger. In past 20 years the river front area of city of Newburgh has seen a revival many restaurants in a small area now need to spread the revival to rest of the city.
Wallyworld hope weather allows fishing trip maybe you will get surprised with a salmon on your line. Nice of you to take Mr.WW's mom and uncle. Have a safe trip to MA. enjoy your time with your son and grandchildren.
Hunts2long congratulations to your cousin on his 2 ND place finish in the contest. Had to be fun seeing that many eagles .
Tom Turkey desk top sounds like it will be a show piece when finished. Best to your grand daughter with house renovations and grandson with his military career .

Have a safe and good Sunday. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13332 on: Sep 09, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Bud best of luck to your wife and her surgery, hope all goes well :thumbsup:

IW hope you have an excellent vacation :thumbsup:

WW safe travels to you and Mr.WW. Hope you catch some good ones :clap:

Eddie I bet you had a good time with your helper in the garden. Where did the growing season go ???
I bought some Vaseline today :thumbsup:

I checked out the crib this morning and added some goodies. Still no hits so I decided to grab some stuff and make a run home. I will plan on heading back up mid-day tomorrow and see what's going on. It's very depressing but I am not alone, it sounds like many in the surrounding  areas are having the same problems. I am a long way from throwing in the towel, especially now that I have the wood smelling like black licorice ;D

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday! Cheers to you OS! Everyone be safe.

Talk to you again from the woods!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13333 on: Sep 09, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, started out cool this morning. I hope everyone is having a good day and a good weekend.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #13334 on: Sep 09, 2018, 04:50 PM »
WS, I hope Yogi wanders within range looking for a picnic basket!!  :thumbsup: :roflmao: ;)2 I hope everyone else has a good day and evening! Been getting a BUNCH of rain the last few days!! Lawn needs mowing badly!!! Maybe pontoons on the mower ???
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13335 on: Sep 10, 2018, 03:24 AM »
Good Monday Morning Everyone,
  Still a hint of Fall in the air this am!  49* with a high of 57 today and rain arriving soon.

OS...nice to see you swing by, hope everything is going well Sir!  :thumbsup:  Looks like your rain will be here soon.   
  I-45...hope your weekend went well also!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...way to stay positive, there will be no throwing of towel!!   ;D :flex:  Just a matter of time before they home in on your crib....best of luck today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...any plans for another meet and greet this year down your way?
  Tom...that desk top sure sounds pretty!   :clap:
  H2...congratulations to your cousin on his 2nd place finish, awesome!!   :clap: :bow:
  Wally...busy week ahead! That's too bad about the weather messing up your trip, hoping Thursday's weather will be perfect conditions for you! Think that's awesome Mr.WW's Mom and uncle will be joining you... :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...safe travels and a great vacation!   :thumbsup:

This weekend sure seemed to fly by. Not sure what's on our work agenda with the great wall today. It would have been easy enough to enclose the top with tarps Friday while it was dry knowing the rain was coming and keep the job moving. Maybe this morning...while its raining!     :cookoo:
   Cawfee's on....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13336 on: Sep 10, 2018, 04:33 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 45* and clear at the moment here on my hill with rain coming here and to Maine, but it won't last ::)
                             Eddie........It just occurred To me if Coumo  can build a wall, then why can't Trump. LOL :roflmao: I'm glad you had a nice day with the grandson,
                   that was a good way to keep him off the videod. :thumbsup: Our garden is still producing but probably be done when we get back. :(
                             Wally........Have a good trip to Erie, I hope you all have lots of fish to clean. :flex:
                             Bud.........Your wife's eye surgery is a walk in the park, I had it done to both eyes and it went fine, I don;t need glasses any more. :whistle:           
                             Steve.......I'm glad the visit with your sister and BIL was a nice one. :clap:
                             Marv........How long does baiting season go for? Stick it out, patience is the word! :flex:
                             In a couple of hours we will be headed out so I won;t be posting till I get back. So I want everyone to have a good week either at work or out
'                  fishing or hunting bears!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13337 on: Sep 10, 2018, 05:53 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....have fun, hope the weather is decent for your trip  ;)   safe travels

WS.....sometimes a little break in the hunt is all it takes to stir things up again, hope today is THE day  :flex:

Eddie....hope the rain holds off till the tarp is up, heaven forbid a little pre-planning was done  ::)

IFF.....thoughts are with MrsIFF & you this morning, hope all goes well  :)

H2L.....congrats to your cousin, great job  :bow:

TT....seems once the grandkids reach 10 or 11  they vanish  :blink:  all the sports and other activities with friends take all their time  :-\ 

OS....looks like the rain will be here in another hour or so, expecting 2 - 3" by tomorrow morning  :wacko:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13338 on: Sep 10, 2018, 06:42 AM »
51 again this morning and the rain is on the way.
The body feels like bowling has started again. We lost all 4 points last night. One game by 1 pin, another game by 2 pins and the other by 6 pins. The team my wife is on won all 4 points. She feels like she bowled last night also, but she did great.
WW, this time of year the weather can really effect our outdoor plans. Hope you are able to get out later in the week.
I was hoping to fish on Tuesday but now they are saying rain here.
Hope everyone has a great start of a new week...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13339 on: Sep 10, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Good day rain started around 8 last night and still coming down believe weather guessers calling for more rain tomorrow.
OldSailor thank you for keeping the Joke thread going with your posts. Hope all is good with you and family.
Whopper Stopper may you see signs of activity at the crib when you return to "Shack".
Eddie I have made no plans for a preseason meet and great this year. Hope you can get the work day in without getting soaked to bad.
Ice wanderer safe trip to and back from Old Orchard Beach,ME. May you have more sunny days then rain. Good luck with the surf fishing.
Wallyworld have a good trip to Lake Erie may to walleyes and other fish keep you busy.
Hunts2long I was wondering if the wife and you were on same bowling team. May the ribbing between two of you not get to heated during the season.
IFF prayer said tha t all goes well with your wife's eye surgery.

A safe and good day to all. Best to everyone fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13340 on: Sep 10, 2018, 02:22 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

Just got back from the crib, nothing disturbed. I gathered the cards and found a dandy 4 point, a doe and a Fawn had been close to it. Also a decent bear walked within 60 yards of it this morning at 4:30, but wouldn't commit.

I went back out and put 30 pounds of gummies in the crib and covered it back up. I will check again tomorrow and see if anything broke into the stash.

I will spend the afternoon hanging onto the chainsaw .

Hope you all have an excellent day! Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13341 on: Sep 10, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes, still a little early to tell if the lens implant will give her better focus.  They said they had to do some extra stitches and will be taking a close look tomorrow.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13342 on: Sep 11, 2018, 03:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light rain and 55* this am, off and on showers possible throughout the day today, high of 73.
  Today is the 17th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. ...never forget.

Bud...best wishes sent to your wife, hope today's examination with the procedure brings positive news!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad you had one coming in, that's a start!  :clap:  Hows the weather been there?
  Steve...more of the same weather here today as well. We got a plastic roof up yesterday over the scaffold before the heavier rain hit...nice and dry under it all day.
  H2...some real close games. Congrats to your wife on her games!   :thumbsup:  Good luck on the fishing today if you head out, might get a window of decent weather between showers.
  Wally...how's the extended forecast looking for your Erie trip?
  Jeff...hope you had safe travels to Maine yesterday,enjoy!   :thumbsup:

We had an exceptional day yesterday despite the weather. We hung a temporary roof up and over the scaffold with clear heavy plastic and we're back in business. A few of the masons from the concrete crew came over for several hours as their pour was cancelled, that worked out well. By days end, we got just shy of 1700 bricks in. Not a bad day all things considered.
  Back at it again this morning....cawfee's on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13343 on: Sep 11, 2018, 06:04 AM »
61 and rain this morning.
Mr. Clean....Wife and I are not on the same team, but WE do ride together...lol. She thought she would just start-up where she left off.
Eddie, going to try to hit the lake on Wed. The lake did come up an inch yesterday.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13344 on: Sep 11, 2018, 06:19 AM »
Morning all,

17 year anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks  :'(   seems like only yesterday  :(   RIP  :angel

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13345 on: Sep 11, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Yesterday was a trip to the DR again. Same old thing other than I had him freeze a lump on the top of my head. He has a scribe taking notes for him. She gave us a few quizzing looks as we were doing some joking around. I told her to wait until Thursday as the wife has an appointment with him then. He has been her primary care doctor for over 30 years.

WS It is hard for me to put out anise scent as I do not like licorice. The wife loves it and gets some strong black stuff every once in a while driving me out of the room. Just a thought. It there are any trails leading to you new bait site, maybe putting down some miniature marshmallows down the trails to the bait might help them find it. Bear seasons started here yesterday.

ww  My grand kids were around till they graduated high school as they both came to fish plus our other get togethers. They were both in athletics so we traveled to see them alot. They both like to hunt so we did some of that as well. The grandson is planing to come home for Thanksgiving along with Christmas if there is going to be wild turkey on Thanksgiving. He will get the left over wild turkey if there is any.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13346 on: Sep 11, 2018, 08:44 AM »
Good morning my weather forecast is similar to Eddie's ,looked at info. on Hurricane Florence last night wondering how it will affect weekend weather in my area. It is hard to believe 17 years have passed since the events of Sept.11,2001 like many people I can remember where I was when I first heard news of planes hitting the twin towers in NYC.   We had a human -wildlife encounter in a neighboring town gentlemen surprised a small black bear that had entered his garage through an open door the bear stuck gentlemen in his chest resulting in what newspaper is calling a deep starch . He was able to push the bear away and get into his house and call for help taken by ambulance to local hospital for treatment. Local police and NYDEC advising folks to remove any outside bird and other wildlife feeders from their properties and close and lock doors on any buildings where trash is stored. Hopefully folks listen to this advice this happened in a rural part of the Town of Cornwall  large sections of woodlands  this bear will probably be spotted again especially if it found food in the garage.
IFF may your wife have a good recovery.
Eddie glad you and the crew were able to get covering in place and with help from concrete crew lay 1,700 bricks for the day.
Hunts2long may you and the wife be able to keep things civil this bowling season.  ::) :whistle: Glad she is back to her old form after all her health issues.
Wallyworld may you also have a safe and good day. Crossing my fingers in hopes you can make the Lake Erie fishing trip.
Whopper Stopper looks like you may have found a place for your deer stand this season. Maybe if you add some cake frosting to crib and area around it that smell plus the anise oil will bring the bears in to feed and give you a shot.
Morning Mr. Turkey glad things went well at doctors. May your wife have a similar visit on Thursday.

Please take some time today to remember all those lost on Sept.11,2001 . Have a safe and good day. Best to all fishing.
For those interested here is a link for my local newspaper and bear attack story.  www.recordonline.com
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13347 on: Sep 11, 2018, 10:37 AM »
Good morning everyone !

Ditto thoughts and prayers to any and all associated with 9-11. Unbelievable how many are still being affected health wise from that senseless tragic day. God Bless!

Another night passed with no bears breaking into the crib. However the same bear made a return 1/2 hour after dark last night, staying 40 yards from it. I am going to take to the stand around noon, that will give me 8 hours until the end of shooting for the day.

The bear last night was very Leary. It had been a good 11hours since I had refreshed the crib. It took half steps, stopping in mid stride sniffing the air. According to the camera it traveled 15 yards in 18 minutes, crazy slow and deliberate.

I laid down 3 scent trails leading to the crib. It should be interesting to see what goes on tonight.

6 coons used the crib last night, and 2 fishers visited in day light. All i.am missing is Yogi.

Hope you all have an excellent day!
Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13348 on: Sep 11, 2018, 02:27 PM »
Good Afternoon everyone, IFF prayers to your wife. Hope she’ll be able to see better. Can’t believe it’s been 17 yrs since 9/11. I hope everyone took a moment to bow their heads in prayer and remember the people who lost their lives that day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13349 on: Sep 12, 2018, 03:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  Light drizzle and 63* this am, high of 71 with a chance of showers throughout the day.

I-45...yesterday's conversations on the job were all mostly about 9/11. It was pretty interesting hearing what everyone was doing and how clearly they remember that tragic day. 
  Marv...crossing fingers you got a peek at that leery bear yesterday! Looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...wow, that was a close call for that man. Glad he got away! Had a neighbor who insisted on keeping his garbage outside his garage in a big plastic can. After awhile, he set up game cameras thinking it was my dogs getting in it tearing things up...it was a big black bear.
  H2...good luck today with the walleyes!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope the weather cooperates and the trip is still on for tomorrow!   :thumbsup:

We had another good day on " the great wall " yesterday. Never did take a count at the end of the day, but it was productive and more importantly....one day closer to finishing!   ;D.  Today should be a pretty good day for numbers as we now have both sides of the wall up and running and plenty of room for the whole crew.
  Noticed gas prices dropped here yesterday, $2.79/gl...not that great, but better than the $2.90 plus it has been fairly steady at.
   Time to get ready for another day at the mansion.....cawfee's on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.