Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607716 times)

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15090 on: Mar 02, 2019, 04:13 AM »
Well the trout fishing is a bust. Took a ride out to the lake last evening to check. Would need about a 10-foot plank to get on it. To me, a few trout just aren't worth risking taking a swim. We will now be trying a different lake that is best-known for its crappie and perch. Last I heard, you can get on it most places, and it still has about 6 inches of ice, granted that was a couple days ago. Just have to be extra careful as it has literally been years since I was on it. Hoping to find some sizeable perch and crappie to bring home! Calling for 38* and clouds today with winds out of the west. "Evening grey, morning red, keeps the fisherman in his bed. Evening red, morning grey, sends the fisherman on his way". We had a very red sunset last night so hopefully we'll have some luck! "Wind from the west, fish bite the best. Wind from the east, fish bite the least". All superstitions point to a good day of fishing, providing we can get on! This week it is supposed to be COLD again. Highs in the low 20s and single digits at night. Hopefully that will harden up the soft stuff so we can have yet ANOTHER week! I know I say this every week now but if the ice makes it this weekend, we may very well get out again!

Eddie, good luck on the lakers! I always thought they would be so much fun through the ice!

Good luck and tight lines to all on the ice. Safe travels to whom it applies. Good luck at work to those who are stuck doing that!

-LM

:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15091 on: Mar 02, 2019, 04:34 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 22* and calm here on my hill, more snow in the forecast! ::)
                          Eddie..........Good luck to you and Mike on LG today with the Lakers. :thumbsup: I know that a lot of people want to catch the big one, it took
                 me a long time to catch that one. The big one is there, your time will come. :flex:
                          Dogfish.......Welcome to the morning addiction, you can see how popular this thread is with being over 500 pages.  :clap:
                          I-45............How are things going your way, any progress on your on going problem. ???
                          Bud.............How's things out your way, how's your calf problem. ???
                          Marv............We had a good conversation going last night, I hope you got your snow cleaned up OK, maybe you can rest today with Jo and
                 get some cribbage in today. :thumbsup:
                          Wally...........How did you do out on the ice yesterday. ???
                          So far I'm doing pretty good on my own, I cooked some chicken in the oven, oven fried, last night and got everything all cleaned up. Again
                 I have respect for people who have lost a arm or hand and do the everyday chores. :bow:
                          Today my #2 son is coming up to fill my boiler and then we are going to get some things at Tractor supply that I can't lift.
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the ice.
                          I see lil maggot posted while I was typing, good luck on the new lake stay safe.
                 IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15092 on: Mar 02, 2019, 05:07 AM »
Morning all,

We had a great day yesterday on the ice, ended with 3 eyes (15 & 1/2" - 16 & 1/2") and 16 perch  :clap: :flex:  It was overcast first thing and the fish were pretty aggressive, once the sun broke thru the bite slowed considerably  ::)  a beautiful day to be out.....sunny, no wind and temps in the mid 30s, felt like a summer day  @)

Eddie.....good luck to you and your son today  ;)

LilM.....good luck to you also and as the resident "Mrs Clever"......be careful on that iffy ice young man  :whistle:   :woot:

IW.....glad to hear #2 son is lending a hand (pun intended)  :roflmao: 

WS.....hopefully things have settled down some out your way  :-\   any fun things planned for the weekend or just more snow removal  ???

TT......hope you had a great birthday yesterday  :)  are you in line for more snow from this weekend's storm  ???

H2L.....glad to hear MrsH is slowly getting back to "getting out in the world"  :flex: :thumbsup: 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15093 on: Mar 02, 2019, 06:23 AM »
A day late, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dom.

22 and some clouds this morning.

WW, looks like another good day on the ice. You couldn't ask for better weather.

IW, seems like you are doing OK on your own. But I learned, my cooking isn't HER cooking.

Eddie, hope you have a good day on the ice. I see a couple fronts moving though the area so you never know.

Everyone have a good day and be safe....h2l

i
Northville, NY

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15094 on: Mar 02, 2019, 06:54 AM »
Happy late birthday Dom!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15095 on: Mar 02, 2019, 08:53 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Will ware my predator bibs just for the warmth, lay on the couch with left leg on the top of the back.  Pretty sure I am going to stay off my feet this weekend, Cept for maybe some snow duty once this storm rolls through,  Ice included. 

Calf is not as tender as it has been but still has a bit of a lump.  Would have liked to get in on some of the 14" perch the gang were catching at the cove entrance but having the ice breaking up and drifting like is was is no place for me, glad non of them did the polar plunge.  Rangers even ordered out the rescue teams just in case.  They could have wound up having to use rafts to pick them up had the wind been out of the south and the sheets being blown into the main basin.   :clap: :thumbsup:

WW, nice haul  :bow: :bow:

See now the camping world store is making room for some of the Gander Outdoors merchandise.  :whistle: Still haven't hear a projected store opening date.

Hoping all have a good day at whatever.

edit:  from another post

Got our limits but over-stayed our welcome just a little. Took this pic early b4 the ice broke apart and we floated for 1/2 hour till the wind blew us into another sheet which we ran /jumped/ jumped some more till we reached shore. The rangers and firemen were waiting for us it was quite the spectacle!

The ice sheets were actually flowing over each other like a tectonic illustration. it was like- now or never water was squirting up thru cracks you could feel the ice cracking under our feet as it flowed over each other. Crazy stuff.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15096 on: Mar 02, 2019, 09:36 AM »
No way  :o :o not a fish anywhere worth that  ::)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15097 on: Mar 02, 2019, 09:59 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

I just got in from finishing up snow detail. I tried to do it last night,  when I went out around 8pm it appeared to be done. I made a couple of passes and the snow started coming down again so I figured the heck with it. This morning I waited for the turkeys to come so my wife could see them. As soon as all of them were accounted for I went out and had war with the fluff.

I cleared the drive and then got word the s-i-l was stuck so I went up there to get her out. It wasn't too bad, but like normal she was trying to get some snow off her garage while waiting for me, but was having problems. So I got her ladder and hopped on the roof and did 1 1/2 sides. Then back home to finish blowing.

Eddie hope you and Mike have an excellent day on the ice :thumbsup:

WW excellent catch :clap:

IW I got a kick out of the chatting also, enjoy your day Sir!

Bud sorry to hear your you had to forgo the fishing trip :%$#!: Then again, a wise choice. You have had a tough year.

Not sure what the rest of the day has in store for me. I did notice the cribbage board on the table, if I can keep busy until tonight maybe she will forget about it ;D

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15098 on: Mar 02, 2019, 11:49 AM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, We didn’t get the snow we thought we were going to get this storm. Supposed to be another storm coming.

Ice Wanderer i’m Glad your #2 son is helping you.

Wally World looks like you had a good day on the ice.

IFF Are the New medications helping at all?

We got the denial from the workman’s comp now putting it thru our insurance. That’s how our lawyer told us to do it. Hopefully hear back soon. Disability has been filed now just have to wait. My Pcp says it’s for the best. My back won’t take anymore.

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those who are on the ice or water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15099 on: Mar 02, 2019, 02:15 PM »
Had a solid day today. Caught 7 bass and 4 perch. Found about 8 inches of good black ice still! I will be eating fresh perch for dinner tonight!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15100 on: Mar 02, 2019, 02:33 PM »
Good going LM

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15101 on: Mar 02, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Way to go LilM  :flex: :thumbsup: :bow: :icefish:

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15102 on: Mar 02, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Update: All the evidence of keeping perch has been disposed of in one way or another!  ;D

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15103 on: Mar 03, 2019, 05:43 AM »
Good morning everyone, so far no snow. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water or ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15104 on: Mar 03, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....hope the wait to hear from your insurance and disability isn't too long  ;)

Eddie.....looking forward to your report sir  :icefish:

WS....so how was the cribbage match  ??? :woot:

IW.....hope you're still managing the bachelor life ok  :flex:

IFF.....fingers crossed the calf is feeling better after a day's rest  :)

H2L.....good luck on the alley tonight  ;)

MrC.....hope you aren't in the path of any serious snow tonight  :-\

Took a ride by Oneida Lake yesterday.......never seen so many vehicles at Sylvan Beach parking lot  :o  probably the same scene today with the decent weather, the reason we don't fish weekends   :nono:   :whistle:

Have a good day at whatever you're up to. Stay safe.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #15105 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:01 AM »
Good morning ers .
Yesterday a.m. we arrived at state qualifiers in the far western region for NY. Not a great turnout this year for some reason.. the western region has a record 400+ kids registered to wrestle today..
My boy ended up taking 2nd place yesterday.. worked his butt off and was definitely upset when he saw 1st place slip from him as he got pinned.. however.. very exciting to be returning to states.. we did not cut enough weight to make the lower bracket. He has lost 6lbs however and feels much better and is definitely quicker on his feet.
Looks like my ice season is over..eye season closes in a week and I lose interest until soft water.. however this year I plan on chasing some steelhead again.. so much fun!
Well ers gotta get some coffee and run my smoker.. have a great day to all
Be safe

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15106 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:09 AM »
John.....congrats to your son, second place is nothing to be ashamed of  :flex: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15107 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  27* to start the day, high of 35 with some snow coming this afternoon. Last I heard 3-6’’ possible.  Lost the first post, hopefully this one goes through.   :%$#!:

Jeff...we fished some pretty deep water yesterday looking for the big one, lol...pretty slow day on our end with the Lakers...but we did make a move into the shallower water and got on some perch.   :thumbsup:
  Wally... congratulations to you and Mr.WW on your trip! Excellent job on the perch and walleyes, thanks for sharing the pictures!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...was hoping the drop in barometer yesterday would work in our favor....Solunar Tables were pretty darn accurate yesterday at least for us....slowwww.   ;D
  Bud...that had to be a crazy scarey ride for those on the ice, wow!! Glad everyone made it through without incident. Hope the leg is feeling better today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...didn’t have very much info to share with you out on the ice yesterday, we did a lot of hunting, lol. Hope the snow has let up out your way....wtg helping  out your SIL again!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...hoping everything goes your way now....best of luck Sir!   :thumbsup:
  LilMag...great trip and a fine looking meal, hope you get another chance to do it all over again!!  Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Pretty slow day on our end yesterday in pursuit of the Lakers. We talked about where we wanted to get to on the lake if the conditions were good enough on our ride north, and after arriving lake side, found the conditions were very good. Made our way out to the deep water, deepest we ever have fished on before  through the ice...140’.  That was pretty darn exciting in itself when we drilled a hole and dropped in the transducer.  Better yet, was seeing the screen had fish below...set right up on that spot. Around 12’’ of good solid ice...believe it was 19* out when we arrived.
  We set 3 tipups apiece, I kept all of mine high 5-10’ below the ice, Mike had one high and two about 60’ below. All set up and ready about an hour before sunrise. Never did get a flag again all day...lol.
  Lots of lookers jigging and a few chasers, Mike lost one just after sunrise, but the fish just weren’t active, very lethargic.  We moved around 9:30 into some shallower water, same thing...plenty of fish, just weren’t interested no matter what we tossed at them.
  Worked our way in from 140’ to 35’ and got on some perch to make it a somewhat salvageable trip. Mike hooked up with a pretty decent Laker at one point there, came unbuttoned right at the hole. We did hit some deeper water for the last hour on our way off. I hooked up with one short Laker about 21’’ but aside from that one, it was just one of those days for us. That’s fishing.....and we’ll gladly do it again!   :thumbsup:

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Wally, John,
  John....CONGRATULATION S to your son, great job on taking 2nd, that’s awesome!!   :bow: :clap: :clap: :bow:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15108 on: Mar 03, 2019, 08:02 AM »
It was 21 this morning. Yesterday it got up to 42 degrees.
Eddie, another good trip in the books. Haven't heard any reports on how they are doing on the 3 day contest on the lake. Lots of people fishing on this end of the lake. Quite a few trunks on the ice. The weather has been good this weekend.

Not a lot planned for today other than the wife wants the living room re-arranged now that the Christmas tree is down...lol. Just in time for Easter.

Nephew fired up his new evaporator yesterday. Just boiled water to check for any leaks. After this week the sap should be running good. He is getting about 70 deer coming in every afternoon. Hope some of them hang around for next fall. They look in pretty good shape for the winter they have had.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15109 on: Mar 03, 2019, 08:52 AM »
Good morning ,calm before the coming storm currently in the low thirties with light winds .Snow forecast to start around 6PM  I've heard 4 to 10 inches. Last couple of days received light snow falls of 1 inch or less each time. Tom Turkey/Raquettedacker hope you both had great birthdays. Big news story in yesterday's paper a gentleman who is employed as a police office with NYC's department of enviromental protection was arrested for making and selling illegal guns.
Dogfish welcome to the thread best to you on any remaining ice fishing trips this season.
Ronco glad you were able to get off the lake safely scary story.
Eddie sounds like you worked for the fish you brought home. Do you still have to be concerned about bring a lake trout up from deep water in the Winter. I know many fish have problems adjusting to quick changes in water depth aand temperatures.
Ice Wanderer looks like you have things covered while your wife visits family in VT. and if needed have a good support team.
Wallyworld congrats to you and Mr.WW on the fish. I'm sure weather permitting Oneida will be crowded mext weekend also as folks try to get walleyes before the season closes.
Tom Turkey any good birthday presents. Those are some impressive snow falls totals for parts of the UP of Michigan.
Raquettedacker besides dinner did you receive any special presents.
Whopper Stopper may you see less or no snow this week. Your SIL is lucky you live close enough to help her out with problems.
Icefisher-45 may your insurance pick up majority of your medical bills. All the best getting disability benefits.
IFF have you tried any compression sleeves to help with your leg. Any one taking bets yet on if and when your Gander store will ever open.
Hunts2long sounds like you wife is getting better with each passing day at home. Best to your nephew this maple syrup season. May some of those deer still be around this Fall.
Deerfishyfishy how did the generator job go every thing ready if and when needed during a power outage. May you have a safe trip to Oklahoma City. How was the skiing.
LIl Maggot congrats on the perch assume that is "Big/Poppa Maggot" in the one photo. Just for your knowledge the Mrs. Cleaver we sometimes call Wallyworld was a character on TV program in the late 1950's-early 60's called Leave It to Beaver. The character was know for giving motherly advice to her sons Wallace/Wally and Theodore/Beaver .
FishingJohn congratulations to your "Little Man" on finishing second in the state qualifying tournament.  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: All the best to him at the state tournament.  That is a lot of young wrestlers to compete in one tournament.

Have a good Sunday may all in the path of this storm come out of it with no problems. Seems like some of the worst winter storms have occurered in March.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15110 on: Mar 03, 2019, 08:56 AM »
14 and calm this morning. Sounds like we will be getting some lake effect next week along with some colder temps. H or high water I will get the wife to he doctors appointment on Tuesday.

The wife just got a notice that they turned on the pumps that keep the lake level up. The the ice is not safe. This is way earlier than they have ever been tuned on. This just proves how dumb the board is as they have a fishing tournament next week end.  ::) With the lake level high there will be damage to sea wall when the winds drive ice against them at ice out. There is a 3 foot hump in one park from ice being blown against the shore in the spring.

Fishin. Congratulations to your son. He has made great strides in his wrestling this year.

Lilmag Those are a couple of nice perch you have in the picture. I could go for having a few to eat.Are you able to keep bass this time of year?  bass season is closed from jan 1 to Memorial Day weekend so I have never tried them from cold water.

IFF That had to be scary being on a floating piece of ice. Saginaw Bay ice got broke up bad with the high winds yet people still risk their life's, worse yet those that have to save them. The Coast Guard was flying last night looking for some one that got in trouble. I have not heard what happened yet.

Eddie At least you were able to salvage the trip with some perch.

I spent a long time with a pharmacist where I had what looked like a copay for my strips yesterday. When she pulled up my records the charge was not a co pay but some thing else that she could not figure out. The wife had her strip order denied for some reason. I will be checking with Medicare again tomorrow to see if they can figure out what is going on as my test strips should be free. If there is a copay my Blue Cross should cover it. If I find out that they should be totally free I will have Medicare send a notice to the corporate head quarters telling them that fact.

Edit Mr C We do not do much present buying nay more. the wife did take me for walleye dinner at Culver's on our way home yesterday. The only have walleye during lent and only while their supply lasts. Really good, cooked while you wait not reheated.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15111 on: Mar 03, 2019, 09:55 AM »
Good morning everyone.

I try and never talk out of school and I certainly hope it's alright this one time.

Yesterday Jeff and I were texting and he shared the news that his brother had past away yesterday. He didn't know any details and said he wouldn't until tomorrow. Knowing all the friends he and Logan have on this forum, I just wanted everyone at the 9:45 to know. God bless Jeff and his family during this tough time.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15112 on: Mar 03, 2019, 11:32 AM »
Jeff,
  My Sincere Condolences to you and all the family on the loss of your brother ...so very sorry to read that. God Bless You All and give you strength in this most difficult time.

Marv, Thank You for informing us.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15113 on: Mar 03, 2019, 01:42 PM »
Oh man Sad news Jeff.  as Eddie says may God give you strength.

Got most of the 4" of snow off things, funny how it has only been snowing on the weekends.  ::) Still need to clear the boat cover, then a trip to the store.

Steve, not a word ......yet......for now just padding the bank account with hours from CW.

Got the new I-Pilot in.  Registeration stickers for the boat came in.  Will wait for a bit of a warm up from the 6* out now to put them on.

WW hope the crossed fingers help too !

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15114 on: Mar 03, 2019, 03:05 PM »
 Ice Wanderer-Mealworm, my condolences to both of you and your family  on the passing of your brother and uncle.  Prayers said and sent for all of you during this sad time .

Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15115 on: Mar 03, 2019, 03:17 PM »

Afternoon ER's,
                       Thank you all for the kind words, it means a lot to my family knowing that my extended family here on IS has us in your thoughts.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15116 on: Mar 03, 2019, 04:01 PM »
IW/Mealworm.......I am so very sorry to hear about your brother/uncle's passing  :'(  May you find comfort in a lifetime of memories made together. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the family.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15117 on: Mar 04, 2019, 01:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  27* and snowing, high of 29 today. Looks like about 5’’ on the ground at the moment.
  Just a quick hello this am, I’ve got some snowblowing to get done before I hit the road...will check in with you all later today.

Jeff...keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers Sir.

Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15118 on: Mar 04, 2019, 04:52 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

-12  with the high only getting to about +5 today and other than 1/2" of snow, we are snow free today ???

Eddie I enjoyed your recap of your and Mike's fishing trip. It sure isn't always about the bite :thumbsup:

TT good luck with Medicare today, hope you can get somewhere with them :thumbsup:

IW hang it there!

WW you getting back on the ice with two buckets  ;D

I am going to drop the wife at the bus again today. Even if it isn't snowing she said it's nice getting into a warm vehicle at night. Other then that I have two trailers to get the snow off of and it's about time to go through the snowblower and make sure everything is greases and tight. It sounds like by weeks end I will need it again.

Hope everyone has an excellent day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15119 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like we got about 6" of snow. Fortunately my wife is home today so she doesn't have to travel.

Ice Wanderer You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

IFF I'm glad your leg is feeling better.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Be careful whether your shoveling or snow blowing today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.