Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630934 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15030 on: Feb 25, 2019, 08:24 AM »

Wally....... After the show we went to an early dinner at the Red Fox Restaurant, it it rated in the top ten steak houses in NY. On the way
                  home we had whiteout conditions from Lake Placid down to Keene, it changed over to rain in Keene Valley. then when I got closer to home                                     
                  about 3 miles away, it changed back to snow. I guess there are bands of snow coming with the wind off the lakes to here.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15031 on: Feb 25, 2019, 08:35 AM »
IW....I was going to try for the Red Fox also, but being that it was Valentine's Day when we went, most places were pretty much booked solid  :-\  We ended up stopping at Pizza Hut in Saranac Lake, nothing top ten about that place  ::)  Glad you made it home safely  :clap:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15032 on: Feb 25, 2019, 09:23 AM »
Good morning all!! Winds were terrible yesterday!! It blew a piece of trim off the house and i had to chase down the covers from my picnic table. Winds were up to 50+ mph. I hope everyone has a good day at whatever they have on the planner!! Our new cats have settled in nicely and have taken over our hearts!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15033 on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:01 AM »
Good morning again everyone :bow:

The therapy went well as far as I was concerned. The therapist was a young fella that seemed to be up on his game. He said he believes in more at home then having some one come in daily for a couple of weeks straight. I showed him what I was doing at home and he showed me several more core exercises to add to mine. It looks like I will be able to spend about 1.5 hours a day working on my own and I don't have to check in with him for 2 weeks.

Hope everyone's day is going well. It's still -5 here time to put on some warm clothes and start the snow blowing.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15034 on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:05 AM »
Good morning, high winds here also weather guessers say we may see some snow squall during mid-day hours. Forecast for this week has chance of snow on Wednesday and a Wintry mix this weekend. I have not watched or listened to local news so no idea if there is any local flooding from rain or power outages. Before i forget in the Gen. Ice Fishing forum there is a topic titled " The One That Didn't Get Away" by DTro video of him catching a sturgeon on a jig rod needed to driill and connect 5 holes to bring the fish onto ice. I figured all of you will be interesrted in the video based on responses to WS's trip to WI. for spearing event.
Ice Wanderer good to hear son#2's children are well behaved . Glad the power was restored and you got to see the play and had a nice dinner after the show. The trip home sounds like an adventure between the snow ,winds and rain.
Eddie good for you there were ATV/snow mobile trails you could use to make trip to/from fishing area easier. Congrats to your buddy and you on the perch, sure your wife was happy to have a meal of perch.
Lil Maggot may the weather allow you one more fishing trip this coming weekend.
Whopper Stopper busy day for you may the therapy session go well and not bring on additional pain. Hope repair to SIL's tractor is simple and you can get her driveway cleared . May your wife's bus ride not have been to hectic this morning, not the best day to have a long walk to job from bus station.
IFF may the new doctor have a cure for your calf.
Tom Turkey happy to read your son has his power back may the crews brought in to help recovery from the storm have others in your state back on the grid in a short amount of time.
Hunts2long nice to hear your wife is cooking, may her health continue to improve. Better luck with next Sunday's bowling.
Wallyworld so far i'm in good shape weatherwise seeing a few snow flakes as I type. I don't know if it is still open but next time your in the Lake Placid area outside of heart of the village is one of the few remaining Howard Johnsons. Not high class dining but more choices then Pizza Hut. There has to be a few lower priced eating places for the Students at nearby Paul Smiths college have places to go in Saranac Lake. May you come through the high winds in good shape.
OldSailor hope the torn off trim piece is easy to repair. Think Gandalf and Annebell have found a good home.
Whopper Stopper glad your therapy session went well and you can do most of your exercises at home.

Have a good day ,may all dealing with high winds come through with no property damage or major power outages.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15035 on: Feb 25, 2019, 11:37 AM »
Afternoon all,

Guess I spoke too soon this morning, it’s been mostly complete white out conditions since late morning. Don’t think there’s a LOT of snow but the wind is so strong it’s making a real mess of things. Supposed to get worse as the afternoon progresses with some lake effect snow on it’s way. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the power stays on.

WS....glad to hear the therapist is someone you can work with!! Good luck with all the snow removal ahead.

MrC....glad there’s no major problems in your neck of the woods.

OS.....doesn’t take long before those furry little critters burrow their way into your hearts!!!

IFF.....hope you get the calf issue straightened out soon. Safe travels to and from work.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15036 on: Feb 25, 2019, 01:32 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Just an update on the snow................. :cookoo: The amounts weren't great but the wind sure packed all the corners full. I had a couple of hours into my yard including blowing the wood and turkey path. The birds are eating as I type. I went up to the s-i-l's house and had a time of it getting into her driveway but I made it.

The first order of business was her tractor. The Sabre has a yellow knob on the right part of the dash to engage the blower. You also have to pull out on it when backing up or the tractor will kill. It's a very irritating knob, especially when you have to get acclimated with it every time I use it. Anyway some how by the Great Gods Of War And Hogans Goat, it was not pushed all the way down, causing it to not start. Luckily the first thing I checked was to make sure all the stupid safety switches were in the proper positions. After it popped off I spent two hours there shoveling and blowing.

A person has to like an easy fix when it's cold out.

Hope you all are having an excellent day :thumbsup: stay safe.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15037 on: Feb 25, 2019, 01:38 PM »
Afternoon Everyone,
  Well done Marv!!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15038 on: Feb 26, 2019, 01:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  All I can say is wow about the winds we’ve all had! Local news reported gusts in the upper 60’s yesterday.  :cookoo:
15* with a high of 19 here today, winds have calmed down some...20-30 steady, gusts in high 30’s at the moment.
Power flicked a few times yesterday, but thankfully we never lost it!   :thumbsup:

Marv...you had one busy day on your hands yesterday! Great you found the problem was only a safety switch not engaged, awesome! I’m sure your SIL was very grateful for your services...good man!   :clap: :bow:
  Jeff...thanks for the report, you had quite the adventure yourself seeing that musical!! Glad everyone enjoyed it and the show went on as scheduled.  :clap:  Did you take your truck?
  Wally...hope you made it through with no power outage!  :thumbsup:
  Steve... thanks, the Mrs. has been battling a pretty nasty cold and her appetite hasn’t been good...she was quite happy with the fish and chips I made!   :thumbsup:   
  OS...glad the kittens are doing well, they are pretty comical with some of the things they do right?   ;D  :thumbsup:
  H2...good news on your wife, I’m sure you missed her cooking as well....best wishes continued for her!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...not certain how many are without power here, but lots of trees down on the local news.

With the hammer crew again this morning, early start/quit. Yesterday one of the windows blew out from one of the Agency Buildings down at the workplace. Thank God, nobody was below...came from the 15th floor.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15039 on: Feb 26, 2019, 04:49 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

-8 with a light wind heading to +2 with another 2"-4" to go.

Eddie sounds like a tough day on the hammer crew. Does everyone take turns trading off or are there some guys that just stick with it? Hope the day flies by. Hope your wife gets feeling better soon :thumbsup:

WW hope your lights stayed on and you didn't get dumped on.

There are still people south of us that are stranded due to roads still being plugged. Unbelievably thousands were stranded on lakes north of us because the stayed on the ice during the high winds we had. Sunday was the last day of the game fish season so many tried to get in one last day and they got caught. 

A quiet day here today. I am guessing more scraping toward evening but other the that working on my therapy.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15040 on: Feb 26, 2019, 05:12 AM »
Good morning ER's cold here still. Had a 140 car pile up a day or 2 ago. Winds were ripen at 50/60 hell we even had some quakes exploding. Looks like March will stay cold until further notice. I'll Try to get caught up to date on what's been happening with you folks.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15041 on: Feb 26, 2019, 06:30 AM »
9* and dead calm this morning. The wife is still sleeping after a couple of sleepless night due to the wind. She can get paranoid when the wind is blowing like it has been. It looks like most of the state has their power back on. Only a few small outages way south of us. I see there is an Amtrak train in Oregon that has been stranded for over 24 hours due to hitting a fallen tree. The track is blocked by snow and fallen trees further on toward Califunkia.

Their are post cards of the locals over at the other place shoveling out the train tracks north of town in a cut so the train could get through back in the early 1900's. I just bought an old post card of a man I was friends with digging out a fulgurite out of the dune sand when he was young. They are glass formed by lighting strikes. His dad had a resort and dune rides. He made the first dune scooter to travel on the dunes.

WS All of those safeties can be a pain. I had one I had one picked up by the dealer because there was times it would not start. When I came home it was sitting in the yard. When I went to put it in the garage it would not start so I called the dealership just before they closed. I got ahold of the owner and went out with the phone. With him listening it would not start. I started moving some of the controls around and found the safety switch that was the problem. The switch it self was only about an 1/8 of an inch  and the control flopped all over so it would not start. I educated the business owner. I ended up by passing the safety on the seat so it did not shut off if you needed to get off and move some thing.

The ice on Saginaw Bay and lake Saint Claire took a beating over the week end. Our walleye and l pike season closes March 15th so some will be pushing their luck on the bad ice.

Time to get breakfast and on the road to pick up a medication before the next storm coming tonight.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15042 on: Feb 26, 2019, 06:33 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....glad you were able to get your s-i-l squared away w/o too much trouble  :flex: :bow:  think you've earned yourself a quiet day  ;)2 :thumbsup:

Eddie.....thank goodness no one was hurt by the falling glass  :o  hope your day passes quickly  ;D

OG......same winds around here, glad that's over  :clap:

Looks like 6 or 7" of fresh snow, winds have finally settled down, even seeing peeks of sun  :thumbsup:  Guess it's back to my shovel today  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning TT......safe travels sir  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15043 on: Feb 26, 2019, 07:05 AM »
WS, are you sure she just didn't want someone to clean-up the snow. Sort of like, the handle on this shovel doesn't feel right, here you try it....

22, sunny and just a light breeze. Seeing some Nat. Grid trucks heading north this morning. We were lucky, no outage.

The wife wants to go to Price Chopper today. She's feeling better. It will be good for her to get out, it has been since before Christmas since she has been in a store. It will be a short trip, I am going with her too make sure. Plus she can't drive yet, that will be next. We timed it yesterday, she spends about 2 and a half hours a day taking meds of one kind or another.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15044 on: Feb 26, 2019, 08:15 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Had the Dr. appointment, got a ointment to try, he also thought I should do another ultrasound saying some times things get missed  ??? ::) :cookoo: but that I found out from the last one is $255 out of my pocket.  Read up on the causes of Edema and Stasis Dermatitis which they both think I have going on.  Had some blood drawn for the lab to look at, in addition to having it e-ray.  So for now will continue with the antibiotics and compression sock.  Time will tell I guess.

Looks like its snowing all across the northern states from West to East coasts.  Here its to be 50's plus next couple days.  Haven't been out to any of my lakes to see what is going on.  Heard a guy and his boy found some thin ice but got out OK.

The way its going I just might hang all my ice gear up, and wait for the open water season.

Old Goat, Wow, that's a lot of fender benders.  Must have been pretty icy plus the winds.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15045 on: Feb 26, 2019, 08:23 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        Apparently I lost my post right after WS posted. I can remember some of it, but I'm not going even try to post it again.
                        I just hope everyone survived the wind and snow we had. Have a great day everyone.

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15046 on: Feb 26, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Good morning sunny,blue skies in the upper twenties currently winds up to 20 mph today. My area came through yesterday's high winds in fairly good shape we did have a section of state route 32 closed due to fallen branches and trees. Thankfully I never lost electric power.
Eddie may your wife get over her cold soon glad she enjoy the fish and chips. How many square feet of terrazzo are you scheduled to replace this year. Good to hear no one was injured by blown out window.
Wallyworld hope snow drifts are not to deep and your tractor can handle the job of clearing them may you not have to do to much shoveling.
Whopper Stopper going to research Hogans Goat. Safety switches can be troublesome especially when one is tripped good you remembered about all of them and got tractor started. How deep was the snow in SIL's driveway. I saw video footage of stranded ice fishermen.
Old Goat that is one big accident hope there were no deaths or serious injuries.
Tom Turkey feeling a building shake from high winds can be unsettling glad things have calmed down and your wife can sleep better. May they get the tracks cleared and train moved out there in Oregon. Your expected snow is forecast to reach me tomorrow afternoon.
Hunts2long good to hear your wife feels up to shopping remember to take all the precautions needed so she does not contract anything. That is a good amount of time to spend taking medications each day.
IFF may this new doctor find the cause of your leg problem.
Ice Wanderer hope all is good see you posted in Joke thread this morning guessing you have an early morning appointment or lost your internet connection and will post to this thread later today.

Glad everyone got through the high winds in good shape.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #15047 on: Feb 26, 2019, 07:57 PM »
Good Evening, Everybody

We got about 2 in. of rain from the storm, & when it blew, it was crazy-tree limbs, garbage cans, auto/truck accidents, we never lost power, temps. will be see-sawing into March,
     before stabilizing, maybe 2-3 weeks, so they say

After reviewing posts since last visit, glad to see people are doing as well as can be expected

H2L - Glad to hear the wife is doing well

W.S. - Glad P.T. is working for you, home exercise is good

I.F.F. - Some of the testing can be a 'pain in the pocket $', good luck getting diagnosed

Lilmag - Nice go fishing, be careful now with bad ice, good luck with picking college

Had a local tile store call the other day, wants me to do work for them, saw some of my work on other jobs, if it works out-won't have to 'sell myself to the devil', more later,
     early start in the a.m.

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Happy Birthday-Good Eats & Drink Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #15048 on: Feb 26, 2019, 08:27 PM »
Good evening fellow ers.. been a couple weeks since I've posted.. had alot going on... a week and a half without internet access at home makes it tough..
I've been on the ice alot but have been on a real dry spell trying to work up eyes on this one lake... I've fished it 10x or better and just cant seem to make it happen.. possibly one more trip out before season closes..
Oldest started shooting trap .  Hes actually been doing quite well.. first meet is next week.. daughters soccer team has been killing it.. they took over 1st place this past weekend.. demolitioning their rival 14-5..
Little man has been working super hard cutting weight for wrestling.. we didnt make any drastic changes to his diet.. just  helped him make wiser choices.. hes down 6 1/2 lbs... but isnt going to be able to make it to next weight class without some serious cutting.. so we decided to have him wrestle his current class and just be a little lighter BUT FASTER...
State qualifiers and states are comprised different than this whole season has been.. hes 9 and had to wrestle mostly 10 year olds because of his weight.. state q's and states are a single age bracket... so  he will only be wrestling 9 year olds and that should make a difference..
State q's this weekend for the far western region so hopefully he has his game on(I think he should take top 3...) top 4 make it to states..
Sorry I didnt address everyone else's posts.. I did read through a couple pages to catch up..
Hope everyone has a great day.. good night

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15049 on: Feb 26, 2019, 09:17 PM »
Good evening,

The temperature has been in the mid 50's and I just build a smitty sled....Wondering if I will get a chance to use it or not.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15050 on: Feb 27, 2019, 02:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  Almost calm here this am, 6* with a high of 15 today. Snow on the way, guessers say expect 4-6’’ for my area starting later this afternoon.

TickleStick...hope you get a chance to see how it works!   :thumbsup:
  John...best of luck to your son and congrats to your daughter and her team!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Keep us posted on the States and good luck with the walleyes!
  Capt.Jim...best wishes with the new company and the work coming your way, hope it all works out for you Sir!  :clap:
   Steve...I’m not certain on the actual amount of square footage they have projected now, but as of yesterday we were up to about 5,000 removed and replaced already....far exceeding any other crews in the past. Yesterday another tractor trailer of stone was delivered, so we’ll be at it for awhile yet.
  Jeff...it’s those gremlins again!   ;D.  Hope your shoulder is feeling good today!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...best wishes sent the ointment works!   :thumbsup:
  H2...bet it fealt great for your wife getting out again and doing a little shopping. Hope she enjoyed it!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hopefully the winds died down before the snow removal yesterday, they were howling here all day.
  Marv...on the jackhammers, I don’t run them very much if it all....just assist on removing all the debris. My job really kicks in putting it all back together again!   ;D:thumbsup:

Believe it or not, we’ll be outside today for a little while pouring  concrete in sonotubes for some new security cameras to be perched on. Believe there is 4yds. coming, won’t take very long, but I’m still scratching my head on the timing and scheduling of this one, lol.
  The weekend is coming....my son Mike just got back last evening from a cruise with his family and is itching to play with some Lakers Saturday. That makes two of us... ;D.   Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15051 on: Feb 27, 2019, 04:34 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's -2 and calm here on my hill, the wind has finally stopped it's bone chilling wrath! ::)
                             Eddie..........What the heck are they thinking pouring concrete today. ??? Another day on LG Saturday for you and Mike, it seems
                    you two have Laker fever. :thumbsup:
                             Marv...........Good job getting Jen's tractor going without a lot of bare handed work! :clap: :bow:
                             H2L............I  bet your wife is happy to be able to get out of the house and be able to do other things. That;s a good sign that she's
                    back to her old self! :flex:
                             Wally..........The way the wind was blowing I wouldn't want to be pout clearing snow, it would be like pushing water up hill. :whistle:
                             John...........Oh those eyes sometimes they are hard to find. :%$#!:
                             My shoulder is coming along fine, yesterday I was able to get dressed by myself except for my socks, but I had ordered one of those
                    sock sliders as seen on TV, well it came yesterday afternoon and now I am set to go. Of course I've been wearing sweat pants since my
                    surgery, a belt would be a problem. :-\  My wife has to go to her son's this weekend, she's a little worried for me that I might do something
                    stupid. I've assured her that I won't, I don't want to tear it and have to go through this again. :%$#!:
                            I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15052 on: Feb 27, 2019, 06:32 AM »
trickle stick, you getting snow Saturday ?  Will share some of mine.

Jeff I hope it does too, this is getting old.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15053 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....fingers crossed the calf starts to heal soon  ;)  hope the new ointment does the trick finally  :)

IW.....good to hear you're getting back in the swing of things  :flex: :thumbsup:   

Eddie....Saturday is looking pretty decent weather wise so far  :icefish: :clap:  good luck to you and your son  ;)

John.....good luck to the kiddos on all their different sporting events  :flex:

WS.....keep up the good work with the exercises  :thumbsup: I know it's not easy to stick to a daily routine like that  :-\

CapJ.....good luck with the tile store job, hope you can work out a deal agreeable to both the store and yourself  ;)2

MrC.....glad to hear you didn't lose power or suffer any damage from the storm  :clap:  never had even a flicker of lights here which shocked me considering how bad the wind was  :o

TT.....hope things are getting back to normal out your way  :)  spring's just around the corner  :whistle: :woot:

Weatherman says another 6-8" of snow coming later today  :%$#!:  at least no crazy winds this go round  :-\  thinking about hitting some local ice tomorrow  :icefish:  :tipup:  one year ago today we were on Lake Ontario in the boat chasing brown trout  :o  not in the cards this year  :nono: :blink:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15054 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:13 AM »
1 degree this morning.

Capt. Jim, hope the job works out for you.

FishinJohn, Good Luck to Little Man. Hope he makes his weight.

Eddie, Good Luck to you and your son if you get out this weekend. Three day contest on the lake this weekend.

IW, good to hear that you are on the mend.

Wife enjoyed her trip out into the world and it was a nice sunny day.

h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15055 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:19 AM »
Another 3 or 4 inches to blow again this morning. I will wait until it finally stops before I fire up the blower.

ww. I can not see that corner into spring. The first two weeks of March are guessed to below normal. All next week their is guessed snow for every day. I need to get the car cleaned off so we can go get two of the dogs their rabies shots. We are getting them done here in town so the roads will not be a problem.

I stopped at my eye doctors to get an appointment yesterday as my eye sight is getting worse. I expected a long wait to get in. Suprizingly I got an appointment on Friday.

I talked to my grandson last night. He is leaving tomorrow for Sargents school in the National Guard. He said that the roads we shut down where he lives in southern MN. The Walmart pulled down and blew up all of the air mattresses they had for people to have a place to sleep.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15056 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:26 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow

I just got in from scraping the slab, we collected another 4" yesterday afternoon through last night. I will blow after the turkeys come, I don't want to miss watching them sail in. My Buick has had a burnt oil smell the last couple of outings. I put it in the garage so I can check it out, and try to see if something is leaking. Yesterday when the s-i-l stopped on her way home she said her vehicle was riding rough and it was pulling to the right. I had her put it in my garage and I turned up the heat for 5 hours. When she finally went home the garage looked like a lake and I spent a half hour with a squeegee trying to get most of the water out. The good news is that her SUV was back to normal after the thaw session.

Yesterday I noticed a heavy load of snow on the garage so I got the ladder and shovel out, today I am going to to tackle the house. It actually goes pretty well, just slippery up there.

Eddie I figured you probably were able to dodge some of the the jack hammering. The last few years of my job whenever there was a lot of wood in the back yard to use the buggy on (tree dolly) I just took it because waiting for a volunteer never happened. Hope the weather all plays out in your favor for the weekend :thumbsup:

IW glad to read you are taking it slow and steady :clap: It's a lot harder to do than many think, In the end it will pay off big time :thumbsup:

WW glad to hear you tackled your snow clean up :thumbsup: When does your Walleye season end ???

The turkeys were on time so it's time to get the snowblower out.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15057 on: Feb 27, 2019, 08:06 AM »
WS.....walleye ends March 15th here  :( you can still fish for perch and other non-game fish  ;)  walleye reopens first Saturday in May  :clap:  PLEASE be careful up on the roof  :o  even tho the snow would PROBABLY cushion a fall, there's no need to test that theory out  :nono: :whistle: ;)2  pretty sure it's NOT what the doctor ordered  :pinch: ::)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15058 on: Feb 27, 2019, 11:20 AM »
WS.....walleye ends March 15th here  :( you can still fish for perch and other non-game fish  ;)  walleye reopens first Saturday in May  :clap:  PLEASE be careful up on the roof  :o  even tho the snow would PROBABLY cushion a fall, there's no need to test that theory out  :nono: :whistle: ;)2  pretty sure it's NOT what the doctor ordered :pinch: ::)

Well Mrs Cleaver ;D I am 1/2 done with being up on the roof. I am thinking I will do the other half tomorrow. It's almost time for me to do my exercises again ???

Our walleyes open in mid May. And the rest of the none game fish also stays open straight through.

Hope you are having a good day over there :thumbsup:

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15059 on: Feb 27, 2019, 11:57 AM »
 :woot: :roflmao: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :thumbsup: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.