Author Topic: 13 fishing combos/rods/reels reviews  (Read 2783 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
13 fishing combos/rods/reels reviews
« on: Feb 27, 2019, 06:37 AM »
looking for general opinions of 13 fishing rods/reels and combos both ice gear and open water.
thanks.

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 13 fishing combos/rods/reels reviews
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:08 AM »
I have a couple of the first versions of the wicked 13 combos and like them . I add a couple Frabill spring bobbers to them when pan fishing. I have a tickle stick for hole hoping with a ghost reel on it , but I haven’t got to use it yet . My go to rods are Thorne Bros , but the 13 combos have held up well.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:43 AM »
I have eleven 13 Fishing rods but no reels; four Envy Black spinning rods, one Archangel spinning rod, one 26" Widow Maker ice rod and five Tickle Stick ice rods.  They are all nice rods and very light.  All the open water models I own are now discontinued, but the Archangel can still be purchased at many online stores.  The Envy Black open water models I own are out of circulation, but I believe there may be a new version coming out.

I haven't read anything about any of their reels that would compel me to buy one.

DN

ETA:  I forgot my two 37" Tickle Stick Hole Hoppers when I first posted!  lol
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2019, 08:31 AM »
I have 2 Snitch / Descent combos that work very well for panfish.

Offline IceFishFreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2019, 08:33 AM »
I personally do not care for the flat tips.  I have a widow maker 37 Light, split handle and it's not a "feel /finesse" rod.  I wish i would have gone with the 38 L standard blank full TN handle.
I also have a 38 inch tickle stick,  Flat tip technology,  not exactly a fan either.  Don't get me wrong,  they seem well made but they are a "sight" rod IMO.  5mm 12 tungsten jigs or super small panfish spoons. 

I knew nothing about the flat tip and I live in an area where you can't just go pick one up and see it.  you order online and hope it's what you were looking for.  I should have stuck with thorne bros or other customs out there.  I was trying to save some coin but in the end, I just have two expensive rods i don't care for much.  The widow maker is a much lighter rod and just seem more quality,  but with that is $50, so you would expect it. 

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2019, 02:58 AM »
Good company I have 4 of their ice reels. 2 6061 a freefall and a ghost. don't care for the ghost love the 6061's.My father in  law lives in Clear Water Fl. planning to fist the 13 fishing store when we visit this summer.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Good company I have 4 of their ice reels. 2 6061 a freefall and a ghost. don't care for the ghost love the 6061's.My father in  law lives in Clear Water Fl. planning to fist the 13 fishing store when we visit this summer.
Keep it safe! JDL

Better than the other way around
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2019, 05:35 PM »
kind of upset with Dick's Sporting Goods. the only Ice rods, reels, combos they carried this year were all 13 fishing. not tickle sticks (I got the flat line from Sportsman's Direct and don't like them ). they had no noodle sticks. The lightest that they had were too stiff for gills, crappie and perch - for me anyway. no HT, Ugly sticks, St Croix.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.