The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New to me auger!  (Read 295 times)

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
New to me auger!
« on: Nov 10, 2015, 11:38 AM »
I just picked up a strikemaster lazer mag 10" with the techumseh tc300 motor at a good price off a buddy!  I have drilled holes with it in the past and it runs great, I prefer older motors to the newer crap they make today, just seems more durable.  So I am super happy, I love my DORA but for tourney's this auger will be perfect for setting tippys with big baits for some big ol musky!  I am hoping to pick up an 8" head for it too, but I have other irons in the fire as well, man ice fishing is an expensive sport lol!!!!!  I love it!!!

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New to me auger!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2015, 03:11 PM »
Good luck with the new auger,I made the switch to propane a few years ago and couldn't be happier,I hear of guys buying premixed fuel for their gas augers to avoid the problems with the gas at the pumps these days may be something to consider to save yourself some headaches in the future

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2015, 04:01 PM »
Thanks for the info, There is a ethanol free gas station not all that far from my house, i plan to run that,  ethanol has claimed the lives of a few small engines of mine in the past few years, it just burns too hot for these little engines.  I can't wait to hit the ice this year, I am super siked!!!!!!

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2015, 04:09 PM »
   Congrats on your new to you auger ! Sounds like a good one. Hope you do just as well on your big bait toothy hunts !   :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.