Author Topic: New PB Walleye!!  (Read 2520 times)

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
New PB Walleye!!
« on: Mar 15, 2020, 09:42 AM »
A group of high school buddies and some of their family make an Annual trip up to Baudette, MN to fish Walleyes on Lake of the Woods. I look forward to this trip each year! Since this is an Annual Trip we all put some money and bragging rights on the line for the Angler who can catch the biggest fish of the weekend, take home the Trophy, $400 Cash and call themselves "Mr. Walleye" for the next 365 days. The Largest Perch and Heaviest Eelpout/Burbot also take home prizes. Watch the first full day of fishing out of Ballards Resort!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New PB Walleye!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2020, 10:15 AM »
Congratulations  and Thanks for posting

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2020, 03:55 PM »
Nice fish!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2020, 09:20 PM »
Thank you for sharing the video congratulations on catching a new PB walleye. :clap: :thumbsup: Did you release the fish or keep it for a mount or to eat. Looks like a nice trip with your friends. I will keep a watch for the second trip video to see if your are Mr. Walleye 2020.
 Steve

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2020, 08:20 AM »
Thank you for sharing the video congratulations on catching a new PB walleye. :clap: :thumbsup: Did you release the fish or keep it for a mount or to eat. Looks like a nice trip with your friends. I will keep a watch for the second trip video to see if your are Mr. Walleye 2020.
 Steve

Thanks man. Fun to pull my PB through an ice hole - my previous PB 26" came from open water and post spawn so it was rather skinny. This fish unfortunately didn't swim away after the 2min 30sec fight. it hardly moved or flopped while out of the water when taking the hook out, measuring and snapping a photo. When I put it back in the ice hole, it gave me one good kick right away but I held on to its tail knowing it was exhausted. After that it never kicked again in the 10-15 minutes I tried reviving it. So this fish came home with me and is at the taxidermy now. I've never mounted a fish before and always assumed that my first would be a replica but this mount will come with a good story from an annual trip with friends. Something I won't soon forget!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2020, 10:18 AM »
Nice catch there Mitch!  Was just up there with Ballards this weekend, and didn't see anything like that come up our hole.  You got a good one there!
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2020, 01:28 PM »
Thanks man. Fun to pull my PB through an ice hole - my previous PB 26" came from open water and post spawn so it was rather skinny. This fish unfortunately didn't swim away after the 2min 30sec fight. it hardly moved or flopped while out of the water when taking the hook out, measuring and snapping a photo. When I put it back in the ice hole, it gave me one good kick right away but I held on to its tail knowing it was exhausted. After that it never kicked again in the 10-15 minutes I tried reviving it. So this fish came home with me and is at the taxidermy now. I've never mounted a fish before and always assumed that my first would be a replica but this mount will come with a good story from an annual trip with friends. Something I won't soon forget!

Can still get a replica,  big ones taste fine ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2020, 10:35 PM »
Thank you for the reply to my post sometimes even with the best of efforts fish don't survive being caught. May the taxidermist due a good job on the mount.
 Steve

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2020, 11:52 AM »
Thank you for the reply to my post sometimes even with the best of efforts fish don't survive being caught. May the taxidermist due a good job on the mount.
 Steve

My fingers are crossed they will. I dropped it off with Angler's Touch out of Wyoming, MN in February. I have really liked the photos of the Walleye mounts he has done.

Offline 4eyeman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • eyes are king
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:28 PM »
Great fish. I'm jealous.

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2020, 01:13 PM »
Real lucky you didn't lose her on the bottom of the ice, I think you owe your buddy big time for the "scoop" job  ;). Nice fish! way to go! I'm assuming that was big fish of the trip??

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2020, 09:00 PM »
nice, wtg, congrats
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2020, 07:10 AM »
Beautiful fish that looks like a fun trip, congrats on pb.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.