Author Topic: One last hurrah! - heading north to the last of Lake Trout ice for the year  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Season ends in 3 weeks and I hope to be able to get one more trek completed before then. It is currently 6 degrees with lots of ice.

It has been a great year with everybody here in this community. 

Thank you!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Enjoyed your comments Gunflint!  Enjoy your weekend.  I am also taking one last trip up to LOW this weekend.  Then, that is probably it for me. 

How many times have you checked your throttle cable linkage? 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
I was out trout fishing yesterday, heard a few "booms", the lake was still making ice.  With the sun getting higher all the time and the warmer temperatures, the snow is getting to be less, hope to have good ice through at least the middle of April.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Enjoyed your comments Gunflint!  Enjoy your weekend.  I am also taking one last trip up to LOW this weekend.  Then, that is probably it for me. 

How many times have you checked your throttle cable linkage?

It seems to work fin now. It is easy to tell if things are not quite right when I start it with the choke on. Since the initial problem was corrected on the governor, no issues whatsoever.

Best wishes at LOTW.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was out trout fishing yesterday, heard a few "booms", the lake was still making ice.  With the sun getting higher all the time and the warmer temperatures, the snow is getting to be less, hope to have good ice through at least the middle of April.

I love the "airmobile" as a great ride.  Looks like a fine group Skywagon!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Good luck! Have fun!
Keep it safe!
JDL

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good luck! Have fun!
Keep it safe!
X2