New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Has Anybody Fished Bradley Lake in Troy NY?  (Read 966 times)

Offline dixatron

• IceShanty Rookie
Has Anybody Fished Bradley Lake in Troy NY?
« on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:09 AM »
I am a college student in Troy NY, and looking to find a place around school to ice fish.  Bradley Lake is only a few miles from campus, so it would be a really easy destination, but I have no idea if it is worth fishing.  If anybody has info about, or experience fishing the lake I would really appreciate it. 

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Has Anybody Fished Bradley Lake in Troy NY?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:28 PM »
I have never fished there but have seen people fish Wright Lake which is next to it on Rt 40, but not sure about Bradley. May try calling the Troy parks and asking if you can ice fish there. If not, Grafton or other lakes in Rensselaer county are not too far away.

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2019, 04:40 AM »
The lower of the 2 lakes there used to get stock with trout.  Don't know if it still does. At one time. You could ice fish it, but not sure anymore . They do fish it in the summer though. That gets runoff from the park and the ice will be safe in spots and not so in others.

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2019, 10:33 AM »
I live in Troy and have fished both of those ponds. One day I caught some good size crappie in the lower pond, but only a few. Caught some perch in the upper pond but again not a lot. There is a sign in the lower pond parking area that says No ice fishing. I called Troys park manager and he said he didn't even know the sign was there.He said it must have been put up a long time ago. On the DEC map pages for those ponds it says Ice Fishing Permitted.  The lower pond has some good depth to 30 '. A lot of little sunnies  and blue gills will drive you nuts!

Offline dixatron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2019, 12:46 PM »
Thanks for all the info!  I hope to do get out soon. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.