New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Blind Sodus access  (Read 501 times)

Offline burningdownthehouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
Blind Sodus access
« on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:17 PM »
Started my ice fishing career many years ago on Blind Sodus and remember doing very well out there, last I heard most of the locals posted it due to inconsiderate behavior of a few, any truth behind this or any tips on accessing it? I recall parking near a lighthouse (water on right side of road) and having a relatively short walk to good fishing, looking to get my five kids (ages 13, 9, 8, 3 and 1...maybe not the one-year-old) out for a good time and short trip, would love to have them share the same feelings I had

Offline Greenhornet73

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Blind Sodus access
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:41 PM »
I used to fish it quite a bit 20 years ago or so but access was very limited then and I’m sure even more so now.  Don’t know if the bait shop is still open on the road coming in or not but he used to help me with access getting onto the ice
I prefer a 2oz sinker for perch...when it hits 'em they won't feel a thing

Offline Doppler2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Started my ice fishing career many years ago on Blind Sodus and remember doing very well out there, last I heard most of the locals posted it due to inconsiderate behavior of a few, any truth behind this or any tips on accessing it? I recall parking near a lighthouse (water on right side of road) and having a relatively short walk to good fishing, looking to get my five kids (ages 13, 9, 8, 3 and 1...maybe not the one-year-old) out for a good time and short trip, would love to have them share the same feelings I had

I'm not familiar with the area but if there are any residents with access try knocking on their door, go during the week ahead of time and be kind. If they know who is out there and if you promise and follow through with cleaning up I doubt anyone with give you trouble.

Offline burningdownthehouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:57 PM »
thanks for the input...might try in the off-season as well like I do with deer hunting

I'll drag some of the kids with me...who can say "no" to five little sets of eyes!  :)

Offline icejohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • kids love fishing too, take one
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:28 PM »
The access where we used to fish is non existent and the bait shop is closed..Louie retired for good...sorry.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.