Author Topic: It's over  (Read 750 times)

Offline Dobbler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Good Fishing and Hold Tight!
It's over
« on: Mar 04, 2016, 08:46 PM »
I cannot believe some of the post that are out there.  The season is over....period! Let it go and get ready for opening day.  Rediculous!!!!

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: It's over
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Aw-C'mon!-We're only havin' ONE day this week in the seventies!-Maybe I can put an ice cube in a drink while I'm out there+ say I'm "icefishing"-but yeah-I wouldn't walk on ice in ct. if you paid me-if you could even find any. I suggest trying some early-season panfish/bass fishing-ice-out piking; or catch+release trouting-Quinnebaug hatchery has two fishing ponds that are fun to try-nominal fee of a few dollars to fish-C&R until you kill or keep one-It's not over: its' just not icefishing anymore-welcome back to fishing everyone! It was a strange; interesting winter-We all hope colder times are ahead-

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2016, 04:23 PM »
Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies,
Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain;

I'm saying farewell to the ice.

I've been holding on but after this weeks projected forecast I gave in. Officially put my gear away today and respooled some reels in anticipation of an open water trip or two this week. A local spot or two and maybe Cwood during the week if all goes well. Will work on the boat tomorrow and see if it is ready to splash!

Tight lines all!
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2016, 03:37 PM »
Go to the lakes region nh was there Saturday plenty of ice 17 dollars one license couple of guys chip in cheap one day trip do it all the time 2 1/2  to 3 hours

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.