Author Topic: Anybody else Trappin?  (Read 1177 times)

rickl1968

Anybody else Trappin?
« on: May 11, 2012, 01:12 PM »
I went out a couple of times trapping minnows for soft water and managed to pick up about 10 dozen baby suckers last time out. I have learned my lesson and no longer keep chubs in the tank, as they eat all my smaller minnows.
I now have plenty of bait for the May opening walleye season, but wanted to keep my tank running to save a few bucks on bait.

I am currently looking for another (maybe bigger) tank that still works.  :whistle: :whistle:  >:D

surflizard

Re: Anybody else Trappin?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 06:58 AM »
Them Chubs are Wicked Cannibals, sometimes they even turn on each other ! :woot: I was able to track down a chest freezer about the same size as yours Rick, now I'm getting all the fittings and spray bar parts together. Nice little summer project.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 07:21 AM »
i went to a few spots, and got nothing... >:(. still trying
a fellow fisherman, well known in these parts as... LAKER-TAKER....gave me a nice stainless steel tank with a release valve in the bottom. its about  3' deep.
should hold alot of suckers when i get into trapping them..
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

rickl1968

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 02:58 PM »
Did a water change on Sunday, Minnows had sores on there noses. I dont know if its from banging there heads on the tank when they get startled or what?
Any ideas? 

Never mind Reb! I already know what your thinking!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.