Massachusetts > Ice Fishing Massachusetts

New to the area

(1/5) > >>

Bgpapa:
Moved to Fitchburg and I'm looking for a spot for my shanty close to home. Looks to be abunch of ponds within a few miles of here. Anybody have any ideas. Thanks

fishermantim:
Check out the Mass Wildlife website. They have a pretty good list of pond maps for waters all across the state.

Bgpapa:
Thanks I was looking for more of where I could find good ice and maybe a few nice panfish...

flyfish413:

--- Quote from: Bgpapa on Dec 13, 2018, 01:19 PM ---Thanks I was looking for more of where I could find good ice and maybe a few nice panfish...

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the site Bgpapa. Don't be discouraged by the lack of responses...the "where can I find good ice" question will not get answered directly, especially early season, for 2 major reasons:

1) Hundreds of lurkers on this site wait for those answers to swarm early ice locations, and
2) Nobody wants the moral liability of providing advice about "safe" ice (is there even such a thing?) and hearing about an accident

There are plenty of fishable locations in your area, and plenty with good panfishing but at this point in the season you have to do the legwork to figure out where to go. As mentioned previously, the MA DFW pond site is your best friend.

pmaloney86:
Good tips from flyfish.  Also, make a few more posts and you can private message people.  Share some information as well and people will be much more willing to reciprocate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version