Author Topic: Marcum product line will still be available.  (Read 9314 times)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Marcum product line will still be available.
« on: Jul 02, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Even though Nature Vision bought Marcum Technologies a few months ago, they will be keeping the sonar unit's LX-5, LX-3tc, VX-1, and LX-i. They will also keep the 825C, 820, and 380 camera's for the forseeable future.
Ken                                          

Offline birddog_20

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life is like a box of chocolates
Re: Marcum product line will still be available.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2008, 11:13 AM »
I wonder if they will repair them to?

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2008, 07:06 PM »
I spoke with them and for now if they have the parts they will fix .

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Bean -
Can you name your source?  Maybe there will be another Marcum in the collection.....

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2008, 05:40 AM »
If they are going to still carry the flasher line are they going to honor the warranty of ones we have already purchased?  Or are they renaming them?  Hopefully they come out and let us know.
Travis

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2008, 06:08 AM »
Bean -
Can you name your source?  Maybe there will be another Marcum in the collection.....

I called Nature Vision customer service.

Here's their phone # if you have any questions regarding the marcum line of products-->  1-218-824-3800 (They're in Brainerd, MN)
Ken                                          

Offline 3beagles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2008, 02:23 PM »
I bought a LX3-tc last December with a 2 year warranty.  It went on the fritz and I sent it back in early April.  Then I found out that Marcum went belly-up.  When I finally contacted the new company the woman told me (and I quote) "we bought Marcum's assets, but not their liablilities."  How's that for a confidence builder???!!!!
After contacting the Better Business Bureau  Nature Vision finally agreed to fix my LX3.  Here it is July, and I still don't have my flasher.  I also bought an open water transducer to go with the LX3.  It doesn't look like I'll be putting the open water transducer to use any time soon.  All in all, it is one of the WORST purchases I have ever made in my 58 years!  A word to the wise, stay the hell away from any of Nature Vision or Marcum products if you know what is good for you!
Mike

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Just goes to show you it always comes down to the dollar! In my opinion Marcum had them beat. I guess Nature vision had the money to fend off the competition.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2008, 07:48 AM »
makes me glad I bought a Vex
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2008, 10:20 AM »
Glad I bought a LX5 when I did.

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 07, 2008, 02:45 PM »
makes me glad I bought a Vex
me tooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline 3beagles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2008, 04:17 PM »
You fellas may not be so happy if you have to have them repaired!
Mike

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #12 on: Jul 07, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Im not to worried, I have 2 LX3's with 5 yrs use on them averaging 75 days per season and they work flawlessly. I spend to much time useing them to put up with a noisy fuzzy display. I will take my chances.

Offline 3beagles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2008, 06:38 PM »
You are lucky!  Mine didn't last 1 winter.
Mike

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2008, 07:20 PM »
3Beagels,
    I was wondering how you made out ,sorry to hear Nature Visions response. So much for customer relations  ::) . It makes you question how they stay in business ;D .

Steve

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jul 12, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Glad I went with vexilar.   :tipup:

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jul 17, 2008, 04:58 PM »
Customer service is in Brainerd MN, I have been in there a few times for Aqua Vu cam problems. You can say what you want about Nature Vision's products, but those are some real nice folks in their office. Both times I went in, I was greeted with a smile and they repaired the unit while I waited.

I am personally going to hope that Marcum and Nature Vision get their wrinkles ironed out before winter. Until then I will cut them some slack. We all know how difficult selling a house and moving can be. Lost possessions, broken dishes, and a ton of paper work complicate your life for weeks. Imagine how tricky a company merger must be.

Lets be optimistic and hope this turns out for the best. I will pass my judgement on the new company in the spring. If things don't work out, we have new choices on the market every winter. ;)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #17 on: Jul 17, 2008, 05:41 PM »
Customer service is in Brainerd MN, I have been in there a few times for Aqua Vu cam problems. You can say what you want about Nature Vision's products, but those are some real nice folks in their office. Both times I went in, I was greeted with a smile and they repaired the unit while I waited.

I am personally going to hope that Marcum and Nature Vision get their wrinkles ironed out before winter. Until then I will cut them some slack. We all know how difficult selling a house and moving can be. Lost possessions, broken dishes, and a ton of paper work complicate your life for weeks. Imagine how tricky a company merger must be.

Lets be optimistic and hope this turns out for the best. I will pass my judgement on the new company in the spring. If things don't work out, we have new choices on the market every winter. ;)

Very well put!!!

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2008, 12:07 AM »

Skipper your one cool dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seams like every time I read one of your comments it's always from the heart. keep it up man.
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jul 19, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Andrew

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jul 22, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Ordered the parts last Friday, and arrived in the mail yesterday (Monday). Nature Visions customer service is top notch in my book. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

Ditto. Long story.  Different product.  They basically bent over backwards and touched their heels.  They  sent me a new unit (plus extras: battery, charger, etc. on short notice so I could fish a tourney) and said just send back the faulty unit ("to save postage"...they said keep the extra battery, charger, case, lead weight, fin, etc.) and this was after some frustration with "their" distributator.

I really hope they continue to support the Marcum line, like they have their other products since I own both now!  And would like to add a second flasher to the arsenal (well, at least the wife would).

Cheers,
MD

Offline 3beagles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jul 24, 2008, 05:57 AM »
Well I FINALLY got an LX3-tc back from Nature Vision.  It wasn't the one I bought because the woman explained they were waiting for parts to fix it.  But, she stated they had a reconditioned one that they could send me and they would honor the rest of the warranty.  I got the unit the other day but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  It only took from April to the tail end of July!  What service?  I plan to buy 3 units for Christmas presents for my boys this year.  But, as for me, I ain't touching anything made by Marcum or Nature Vision.
Mike

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #22 on: Jul 24, 2008, 08:56 PM »
hopefully once winter comes around everything will be ready to go

Offline Kilroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Sep 08, 2008, 12:07 PM »
I can vouch for their service before the buyout and it was second to none. I bought my LX-3 used and sent it in for the TC conversion, told them to give it a once over while they had it. It turns out the transducer was bad so they give me a new one, sent it in on Monday and it was back by Friday. They were super to get along with on the phone, I hope Naturevision is just as good once things are settled, I love my Marcum.

Kilroy
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/382548/TeamSDlogo1-1.jpg

If It Smells Like Fish And Tastes Like Fish.......It Just Might Be Fish.

Kilroy Was Here ~~~o00o~(_)~o00o~~~

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.