Author Topic: Skinner  (Read 812 times)

Offline jamesdegitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Skinner
« on: Mar 02, 2008, 05:43 PM »
has anyone fished skinner this year?  I was thinking about heading out there next weekend but didn't know if anyone has done any good.  I drove past there about an hour ago and the ice didn't look to good....
I'm not getting skunked, I'm just eliminating water

Offline no bait

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Skinner
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2008, 07:50 PM »
I never have seen good ice conditions on skinner for very long,I always assumed it had alot of springs or moving water.Watch yourself out there,and good luck.

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I think a creek flows through it,not sure I would go on it. The ice has to be scary in places

Offline no.co.fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:22 PM »
has anyone fished skinner this year?  I was thinking about heading out there next weekend but didn't know if anyone has done any good.  I drove past there about an hour ago and the ice didn't look to good....
Skinner has a lot of water running through it. It It starts at the ditch that runs under SR 8, & runs throughit until it reaches the north west corner (Out let With a small dam). I have fished it a few times in the  last 40 years.
The safest place to get on is at the public beach. You can walk west & north in the bay & catch alot of dink crappies,  but you might find a 15 incher. If you go there, stay away from the outlet.

Offline no bait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Skinner has a lot of water running through it. It It starts at the ditch that runs under SR 8, & runs throughit until it reaches the north west corner (Out let With a small dam). I have fished it a few times in the  last 40 years.
The safest place to get on is at the public beach. You can walk west & north in the bay & catch alot of dink crappies,  but you might find a 15 incher. If you go there, stay away from the outlet.

Hey noble cnty fisher we have seen your monster crappie , we all live close enough for you  to show us how to catch the 18inchers ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.