Author Topic: New Shappell from Dick’s  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Shappell from Dick’s
« on: Jul 26, 2018, 11:06 AM »
I ordered the Shappell Wide House 6500 on Sunday evening from Dick’s. I got a great deal on it $179.99 (Thanks Chilly Willy). It arrived onTuesday afternoon. I was pleased with how quickly it got to me, however the box came cut open. I have not had the chance to open it up and set it up yet because of work, but plan to this afternoon. I sure hope nothing is damaged or missing. Here is a picture of how he box came.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Shappell from Dick’s
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Fingers crossed the fabric's not damaged  :-\

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Doesn't look good by looking at that box. I love our Wide House 6500. Had a several years now. Easy up and down.
<===Lefty===

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Yeah, I will find out in a few hours. I’m hoping for easy up and down. Previously had a Clam that was a pain in the butt for set up, and impossible to ever get back in the bag.

Doesn't look good by looking at that box. I love our Wide House 6500. Had a several years now. Easy up and down.

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2018, 12:13 PM »
I have never had a simple or pleasant online buying experience with dicks sporting goods

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2018, 12:15 PM »
I’m hearing that now. I was impressed with the speed of delivery. Hoping everything is in good shape and in there.

I have never had a simple or pleasant online buying experience with dicks sporting goods

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2018, 12:22 PM »
that's a bummer deal.
if you have to return it, they do make it in an insulated version. highly recommend it, more so if your heating.
don't bother with the bag, get straps the cinch and use two or three of them. says always dry out after each use on them.
if you keep it, you may want to buy seam seller for the roof to wall seams. they leak.

dunhams always has the best every day price on shappells.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2018, 01:23 PM »
Everything is good, No damage to anything! Set up quick and was able to get it back in the bag.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2018, 02:12 PM »
Glad you were able to get a good deal.  Surprised it wasn't double packaged since they usually just ship them in a factory brown box that has the white box inside.  Mine was also wrapped with a lot of tape.
For the price you will be happy with that purchase.  I have never had any issues with it going back into the bag.  I had plenty of room for the shanty, my bag of anchors.  If it is windy you always leave one anchor in the ice and then fold it together and remove and transfer to bag. I always set it up in the garage or outside when allowable  remember to anchor if it down if you leave it outside to air otherwise it will blow away...had mine take off into the neighbors yard last year!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2018, 02:34 PM »
I use my shappell widehouse 6500 as a portable spearing shack.it nice and dark in there with the windows all shut up.plenty of room too.mine is just a shappell brand before eagle claw bought them.no problems with mine.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Everything is good, No damage to anything! Set up quick and was able to get it back in the bag.

I have never had trouble getting mine in the bag. I just stick one end in the corner and then work the other end in then zip.
Glad it was not torn.
<===Lefty===

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2018, 02:54 PM »
👍🏻👍🏻

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jul 26, 2018, 02:57 PM »
Glad to hear all worked out ..

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 2018, 03:05 PM »

I have had good aND bad from dicks! for the price if you can return them locally it's way simpler then haveing to pay shipping back wich happens some times.. but I had a penn fierce 2 reel show up in new box that was the floor model..  all dinged up that's why I was worried to aboUT his purchase..  but glad all is good!!  .. but have goten quite a few items that were brand new one out of a hundred some times it happens..  and that one item they were appligentic for .. I think it was cause they had it in stock so they had to ship it from instock from store.. not drop ship from penn reels..  like most companies do any how.. just cause it was in stock made the thing fubar.. every thing esle has been great..

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2018, 10:21 PM »
I’m hearing that now. I was impressed with the speed of delivery. Hoping everything is in good shape and in there.
Glad it worked out for you. I must say that every time I've bought from them online it was an absolute catastrophe,  but I usually ended up with some sweet discounts or double orders after working my way through customer service to fix the issue

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.